Is iPhone 6S+ too heavy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nia820, Oct 3, 2015.

1. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

I've been reading a lot of reviews on how the new iPhones feel a bit he heavier. I currently have a 6+ and planning to upgrade to a 6s+ But my only concern is the weight.

Does anyone feel a significant differences in weight between their 6+ and 6s+ and does the extra weight bother you?

2. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

Nope!!!
    It's barely noticeable. It's worth upgrading.

3. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

I can tell a noticeable difference going from 6 to 6S.

4. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

It has been written that the difference in weight between the 6/6+ and the 6s/6s+ is about the same as 3 marshmallows.

If this is too much for you then don't purchase it and stay with the 6 Plus.

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

....but how many Lollipops or KitKats?:D

6. hutrebug macrumors regular

Weight is not the issue, it's the weight balance/distribution of the phone.

If you feel that the phone is about to fall when you hold it with one hand e.g. taking a photo or answering a call, then the phone is poorly designed.

My main beef with the iPhone 6/S/Plus is their big bezels. Smaller bezels would naturally reduce the weight and make it more comfortable to hold. Let's hope for this in next year's iPhone 7.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The extra weight is well worth it if we do not have to hear about phones bending all by themselves.

No doubt they have a little more heft to them but to me it gives it a substantial feeling and the performance it great! My 6S+ has run without error.

8. lympero macrumors 6502a

lympero

Yes it is. 170gr is the max bearable weight. 200 is just too much.

9. austinpike macrumors 6502

I went from 6 to 6s. I was was not expecting to notice the difference, but I'm a little (un)pleasantly surprised by the exta heft. When you have become so subconsciously familiar with manipulating an object on your fingertips for a year I guess every gram counts.

That said, I've only had the 6s for a day so I'm hoping to get used to it.

10. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

Says who?

11. MaxBga macrumors regular

MaxBga

I havn't noticed anything, even when I got it out of the box.... Had a 6+ for 6 months. Maybe it's because I've always had cases on it so I don't really know how much it weights.. But even without when I had the 2 ones in each hand, nothing really crazy.

This 6S+ feels more solid but not too heavy (for me though).

12. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I didn't notice much difference at all between the RG 6S+ that I had and my 6 Plus.

13. seble macrumors 6502a

Coming from a 5s to a 6s+ I can't notice the weight. It feels fine. Going back to a 5s feels like it's a toy phone though. Obviously it's heavier, but not enough to affect anything. Plus I have a case on my phone

14. Rackness01 macrumors member

There are 2 different models for a reason. If 20-30 grams excludes you from one get the lighter one. Seems silly to me that this is an issue.

15. richard371 macrumors 68000

Let me think about that for a second. Nah it's not too heavy.

Attached Files:

16. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I noticed the difference going from 6+ to 6s+, but while it's noticeable, it's not bad. It actually feels a little better in the hand. The weight seems better distributed across the whole device so while its heavier, it doesn't feel as top-heavy as the 6+ if that makes sense.

17. FairArrow macrumors newbie

As someone who switched between the 6 and 6 Plus a few times last year and as a smaller guy (5'5'', 110 lbs) I definitely notice the heavier weight of the 6s Plus. But that's it, I notice it and go on with my day. I also got a white bezel 6s Plus for the first time in years and I notice that too. Would I trade 3D Touch for a marginally lighter iPhone? No.

18. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The 6+ is heavy and the 6S+ is even heavier. Especially when you put them in a leather flipcase like I do, which adds another 30g.
    I still love my 6S+, it just feels like a Psion mini computer from the 80s rather than an iPhone 5. You get used to it.:)

19. Whtchdr macrumors member

I think I notice the extra weight but I believe it's just as likely that it's all in my head. If they had announced that it weighed virtually the same as the outgoing model even though it was slightly heavier, I probably wouldn't have ever noticed.

20. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Sometimes I wonder if you give someone this weight in a ball, to hold in both hands, same size.. if they can even tell which ball is heavier. I mean, most people are quite suggestive.

21. Whtchdr macrumors member

Very true. They could have announced that the 6S+ was lighter than the 6+ even though it was really heavier, and I'm sure a lot of people would believe it weighed less. Reminds me of a bit that Jimmy Kimmel did where they showed people the 1st gen iPhone and quite a few were convinced it was the newest model.

22. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

A friend of mine as a 6 Plus and I got the 6S Plus. I asked if he could feel the weight difference and he said a little. He said, let's do a blind test. He closed his eyes and asked to have the phones placed in them. He then said which one weighed more. He picked the 6 Plus. Not scientific by any means but most won't even notice it.

23. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

I had the iPad 2, and it was light, but not .. air-light. When I got the Air 2 I was like 'omg, THAT is a difference'.
    The other week my mother received her iPad Air, and I felt the weight difference, I gave mine to her and asked her if it was lighter or heavier, she couldn't tell. I gave her back hers, she said it was lighter than the Air 2. No ffense to my mom, but. Yeah, I guess it sometimes really doesn't matter.

24. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I have both 6+ and a 6S+, I've held on to both and yes it does feel a little heavy but barely noticeable.

25. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Personally I kind of liked the weight my iPhone 4 had, but I love how the 5s was light. I am looking forward to find out how I feel about the 6s+ I don't think I would mind if it has some weight to it.