Is it possible to put 1.0 on an iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jpetticrew, Oct 23, 2010.

1. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I've got an iPhone (the original) and a copy of the iPhone OS 1.0 IPSW, it won't just let me restore down to 1.0, is there any way to do this? I think it would be really cool to have a device running the original iPhone OS, just for fun.

2. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

You can try, tell me if it works though. Cause I'll buy a original iPhone if it does

3. jpetticrew thread starter macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I can't make it work. I've tried DFU mode and I keep getting errors.

4. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

I know this isn't really helping you achieve your goals.... but for what it's worth 1.0 was nothing to write home about, I remember having troubles browsing safari with 1-2 tabs open while listening to music, would almost always cause a crash.

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Yeah, I remember that too. It was pretty frustrating not being able to listen to music and web browse at the same time.

6. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

It would be pretty neat if you could but you can't because no one can sign the iOS not Apple not Saurik.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys...

7. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

The original iphone had no ECID and 1.x firmware wasn't called iOS back then. Don't see why you couldn't dfu restore to 1.0 then kick it out of recovery with tiny. I haven't tried this and I don't care to either.

8. jpetticrew thread starter macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Yea, I know, this isn't my primary iPhone though. I've got an iPhone 4 that use these days, I just thought it would be col to have an iPhone running the original firmware just to be nostalgic.

A DFU restore results in an error before the restore ever even stars. It expands the file and gives me an error immediately.

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

To the OP, no you can't.

Many reasons for it and those are not because of ECID or other stuff we deal today.

10. bobbyroller macrumors member

Bypass errors

I did this then I had my first gen iphone a couple months ago. I error happen when you downgrade and right after the "extracting firmware" in itunes. Go to www.iH8sn0w.com, and download iReb.

There is a mac version here: http://www.mediafire.com/?rib9hq8j18l8lfb

11. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

I don't think apple started using their current signature hash system until after 3.0. As has been suggested before, restore and try to kick out of recovery with TU.

12. bobbyroller macrumors member

Yes apple started using their signature signing on all devices about the 3g. The 2g and the 3g are downgradeable without shsh's.

13. cahayes2 macrumors newbie

What you'll have to do is edit your hosts file because Apple won't sign firmware downgrades. Switch over to Finder and click Go in the menu bar, then Go to Folder... Enter "/etc/" without quotes. Navigate to the file "hosts". Open it in TextEdit, and add the following to the bottom of the file, "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" without quotes. Then you'll have to press command + a and copy all the text in the file. Create a new TextEdit document, paste the text you just copied, go to Format, and click Make Plain Text. Then save the file as "hosts" and make sure under Plain Text Encoding, you've selected "Western (Mac OS Roman)". Then save the file to your desktop. Then copy and paste it into the same folder where you find the "hosts" file. Then it'll ask you if you want to overwrite the file and you'll probably have to enter your password. Okay, now go into iTunes, go to your iPhone, hold down the Option key and click Restore, navigate to your .ipsw file and open it. It should work after that.

14. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Do you not read the posts preceding your's? There is no SHSH signing on the iPhone 2G. None. Zero. Zip. The problem is the baseband, you'll need to make a custom firmware (no idea how) that doesn't include a baseband update/downgrade.

15. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

i believe you also have to downgrade itunes? IMO it's not worth the hassle although it would be cool to have an iphone on 1.0

16. cahayes2 macrumors newbie

Geez, a little rough maybe?

17. bhattsan macrumors member

It's a little frustrating when 2 replies before you explained how shsh blobs are not needed. No worries though ;).

To the op, if you find out how, please post how to! It would be cool to see 1.0 again.

18. terraphantm macrumors 68040

I've been trying to put 1.1 on my iPod touch 1G to no avail. I think an old version of iTunes will do it w/ DFU mode though.

19. ignus graius macrumors regular

I was playing with my old 2G yesterday and wanted to do the same thing. Tried iREB for Mac but couldn't get it to work. I'll try the Windows version next.

20. California King macrumors 65816

21. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

you might as well put 2.x back on if you want to downgrade.

I remember the days when I first got my iPhone 3G (sam processor/amt of ram as the orig iphone) and thought it was awesome and snappy....

I couldn't copy/paste or use exchange, but it was hella snappy.

yeah, hella.

22. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

There is no way to without knowing how to code Pwnage Tool class application into overwriting the baseband firmware using a BootNeuter approach. Only the Dev Team knows how to. No, asking them for such favor will not work.

23. jpetticrew thread starter macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I have tried everything i could think of... Using the version of iTunes the system requirements on the back of the box states (can't remember of the top of my head), hell I've used just about every piece of software that has anything to do with hacktivating/jailbreaking an iPhone, and nothing will get it past the "Extracting software" step.

I'm afraid this may be a lost cause after all..

24. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I already told you, you CAN NOT do it.

25. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I thought this was a new TheSpaz thread when I opened it. :)