Is it still worth to buy Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MacSafe, May 23, 2016.

1. MacSafe macrumors regular

i found a deal for sport 38 mm in good condition for about 195$

Is it a good price? Is it worth buying?

2. JayLenochiniMac, May 23, 2016
    Last edited: May 23, 2016

JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, as Apple most likely won't drop the starting price any further when the AW2 debuts (unless they cripple the base model in order to differentiate it from the higher models, which wouldn't surprise me).

3. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

No. Not worth it to buy now.

Unless you want it, then buy it. ;)

Nobody will know the planned hardware refresh cycle until the second one comes out anyway. Buy this one, hang onto it, see when version 2 comes out, and then you'll know how long to wait until version 3 or 4 appears. Then, delaying your upgrade until a couple revisions later means your upgrade will feel much more worthwhile.

You don't think everyone continually upgrades their gadgets every single year, do you?

4. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

If you have 195 to spare jump at it. Just make sure it's unpaired from the owner's iPhone. It's a great buy at that price.

5. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

If you're in the US and have a Micro Center in the area, they're selling brand new Sport 38mm for $199 and have been for a few weeks now.

6. pulp46 macrumors member

pulp46

7. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

8. JayLenochiniMac, May 24, 2016
    Last edited: May 24, 2016

JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Even if AW2 is released today, it'd likely be back at the $299 price and won't be found cheaper anywhere for a while (unless they cripple the base AW2 model for a lower starting price, which is entirely plausible). Some people won't consider the AW unless it's $100 cheaper, just like people who would rather purchase a last generation iPhone for $100 less.

9. Simche macrumors member

Simche

It is fairly cheap for $200. Why not take a chance? You wont know if the device has any place in your world until you actually try it out. Demo:ing it at Apple Store doesnt give the whole picture, just instances.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

As we get closer to the AW2, no doubt the prices will drop at the Apple authorized retailers.

11. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

I bought a AW on launch day and returned it two days later. Fast forward to today and I just walked out of Apple Store with same type watch. True story.

12. rockyromero macrumors 6502

rockyromero

What changed for you?

13. SilverDove macrumors newbie

I got my SSSB during the Best Buy $200 off deal. I'm using mines specifically for time keeping (obviously), notifications, sports scores, fitness tracking, calculator, and 3rd party weightlifting tracking. It works great for those things so I feel great getting it this late even though there is a potential update coming soon.

14. rockyromero macrumors 6502

rockyromero

I think we're all going to be pleased with the software upgrade coming.

15. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

I agree and this is what I did - bought a gold sport 42mm for $250. Sort of a test case - do I want/like/need it in my life? So far the answer for me is yes.

And, if I find any big shortcomings I feel worth rectifying with an AW2, I figure I won't get hurt too badly selling this one.

16. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Honestly the AW died after 2 days and I caught a hissy fit returned it and told Apple to just give me my money back. I went all in with Google phone (I tried them all) and android wear device but it never had the fluidity like AW.
    So fast forward to a month ago I got tired of the Galaxy s7 lag and traded up for a 6s plus and thought the AW would be a nice compliment. In the end I'm very happy with the 6s plus and AW.

17. eltoslightfoot macrumors regular

eltoslightfoot

This would so be me LOL. Every once in a while I get this urge to go back to Windows and Android. Then I try it and cry. How do people put up with this LAAAAAAG? And I am back to The Mac and iOS world...

18. waitandwait macrumors regular

Should i wait to buy apple watch? Have been waiting for 3 months and it seems there will be no new hardwares in June

:(:(:(

19. pulp46 macrumors member

pulp46

Wait until the news release during WWDC, June 13-17th. There is hope for a June or at worse, September launch for AW2! :cool:

http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/wwdc/

20. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

Didn't want to make a new thread - I have the possibility of picking up the Space Black (with sport band) for $250... worth it at this point?

21. Smtevo macrumors 6502

That's a steal.

22. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

You think? I guess I'll try it....

23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Best Buy had that model for $349/399 brand new last month so anything below that for a used one is a good price.

24. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

Heck no. Stop with the waiting sillyness caused by baseless rumors. You want it now. Buy it now. I just bought another one. Buy it now.