Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jds4300

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Absolutely positively not. I own the Sapphire Glass Stainless with the black band in 42mm. Owned it for a week now. It looks cheap, and feels cheap. Also, the watch faces are ATROCIOUS. My watch is getting returned tomorrow. Apple has released an over priced over hyped failure of a watch. I am thoroughly disappointed. This is Apple's worst product ever. It is a stain upon the Apple brand and the memory of Steve Jobs. Tim Cook should be crucified for allowing this low end trinket's release.

Last edited:

LxTxNx

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2007
Why did you create a new thread? Couldn't you just added your opinion to an existing thread?

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Absolutely positively not. I own the Sapphire Glass Stainless with the black band in 42mm. Owned it for a week now. It looks cheap, feels cheap and fails to accurately update DJIA quotes and Weather temperature changes. Also, the watch faces are ATROCIOUS. My watch is getting returned tomorrow. Apple has released an over priced over hyped failure of a watch. I am thoroughly disappointed in Apple. My 2012 $299 Galaxy Gear was more functional, more reliable, and felt better on my wrist than this $600 2015 Apple Watch.

Um...

Okay?

Oddly, I've shown mine to a few friends who own Android devices, and even though they would not be the market for one, they've all commented on how it looks more like jewelry than a bulky smart watch and they hoped that more Android watch makers will follow suit. I know LG makes a rather attractive smart watch. The Pebble Steel is reasonably attractive, too.

Soo... I guess it depends on what one expects for 600 dollars. Maybe this one was pushing your budget a bit? You cannot buy a Patek for 600 dollars, you know.

:)

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Up voted on this for the hyperbole factor alone, that and it gave me a good laugh. I guess it's a good thing we can return it for a full refund.

Trent0341

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
Why did you create a new thread? Couldn't you just added your opinion to an existing thread?

Seriously... add it to one of the numerous existing threads. God knows there are enough of them. Of course if you post a single thread about there being to many then the moderators instantly move it to the waste land.

As for it looks and feels cheap... no... it does not. My opinion is based off the JLC and Omega that used to get all my wrist time.

And seriously, if you like the gear then go back to it but saying that the :apple: watch looks and feels cheap and then extolling the virtues of the gear is laughable. That opinion is based off of sales.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Except it's NOT a $600 watch. It's a $400 watch. Anything spend above is pure vanity and unbridled desire.

Personally I've been enjoying mine, but I understood it for what it was before I bought it. The way some people react here it's like they were drunk in a bar, took an average looking girl home thinking it was Kate Upton with superhuman powers and then were shocked to wake up next to... an average girl.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Absolutely positively not. I own the Sapphire Glass Stainless with the black band in 42mm. Owned it for a week now. It looks cheap, feels cheap and fails to accurately update DJIA quotes and Weather temperature changes. Also, the watch faces are ATROCIOUS. My watch is getting returned tomorrow. Apple has released an over priced over hyped failure of a watch. I am thoroughly disappointed in Apple. My 2012 $299 Galaxy Gear was more functional, more reliable, and felt better on my wrist than this $600 2015 Apple Watch.

IMO for 600 it's eh... for the 400 sports edition it's the best value of the bunch. It has all the same tech and comes in black (Space Gray) without having to buy it with a more expensive strap. I also wasn't too keen on the SS models due to the past history of iPod backs. Those things scratched when you looked at it too hard. :p

I'm all about the tech than the aesthetics, and coming from the Pebble to Fibit Surge to this watch, while still not perfect is the best and fills in a need of mine (walking on my lunch break and tracking my exercise) well enough.

But this isn't a perfected product yet and it's not meant to fill the needs of everyone.

Last edited:

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011

lol so angry.

mikezmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2014
NH

I call BS.

There is not a person on the planet who isn't familiar with the apple watch faces.

The weather doesn't come from apple.

This is BS.

Nice try.

Last edited:

Mindinversion

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2008
If this were FARK, it'd have the headline tag "Florida"

There are pro's and cons to the :apple:Watch. Anyone that complains THAT vehemently makes me suspect a lack of research on a product.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
OP u forgot to mention it was LATE!

you are my hero... YOU the real MVP Hahahahaha. I hope u got your flame suit on lulz

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010

You use an otterbox defender for your iPhone 6, this tells me everything I need to know about you lolllll

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.