Is It Worth $600? HELL NO!!!!!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jds4300, May 13, 2015.

1. jds4300, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015

jds4300 macrumors member

Absolutely positively not. I own the Sapphire Glass Stainless with the black band in 42mm. Owned it for a week now. It looks cheap, and feels cheap. Also, the watch faces are ATROCIOUS. My watch is getting returned tomorrow. Apple has released an over priced over hyped failure of a watch. I am thoroughly disappointed. This is Apple's worst product ever. It is a stain upon the Apple brand and the memory of Steve Jobs. Tim Cook should be crucified for allowing this low end trinket's release.

2. cruzmisl macrumors regular

i absolutely disagree with you but thanks for sharing.

3. LxTxNx macrumors 6502

LxTxNx

Why did you create a new thread? Couldn't you just added your opinion to an existing thread?

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Cool story bro.

I don't think this needed it's own thread. I doubt anyone cares if you keep or return your watch.

5. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Um...

Okay?

Oddly, I've shown mine to a few friends who own Android devices, and even though they would not be the market for one, they've all commented on how it looks more like jewelry than a bulky smart watch and they hoped that more Android watch makers will follow suit. I know LG makes a rather attractive smart watch. The Pebble Steel is reasonably attractive, too.

Soo... I guess it depends on what one expects for 600 dollars. Maybe this one was pushing your budget a bit? You cannot buy a Patek for 600 dollars, you know.

:)

6. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Up voted on this for the hyperbole factor alone, that and it gave me a good laugh. I guess it's a good thing we can return it for a full refund.

7. ricktat macrumors 6502a

8. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

Cool, thank you for contributing to Apple's refurbishing process. Someone will benefit from your kind donation.

9. Danny80y macrumors member

10. bushido Suspended

bushido

11. Trent0341 macrumors 6502

Seriously... add it to one of the numerous existing threads. God knows there are enough of them. Of course if you post a single thread about there being to many then the moderators instantly move it to the waste land.

As for it looks and feels cheap... no... it does not. My opinion is based off the JLC and Omega that used to get all my wrist time.

And seriously, if you like the gear then go back to it but saying that the :apple: watch looks and feels cheap and then extolling the virtues of the gear is laughable. That opinion is based off of sales.

12. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

Sell it to a forum member who would appreciate not having to wait till June. And I disagree with you 110%.

13. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Except it's NOT a $600 watch. It's a $400 watch. Anything spend above is pure vanity and unbridled desire.

Personally I've been enjoying mine, but I understood it for what it was before I bought it. The way some people react here it's like they were drunk in a bar, took an average looking girl home thinking it was Kate Upton with superhuman powers and then were shocked to wake up next to... an average girl.

14. madsci954 macrumors 68030

If this was posted by a brand new account, I'd ask how much Samsung paid him to say that.

15. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

I bought the $1,099 space black link bracelet because it looks nice. The other features are just gravy.

16. MrXiro, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

IMO for 600 it's eh... for the 400 sports edition it's the best value of the bunch. It has all the same tech and comes in black (Space Gray) without having to buy it with a more expensive strap. I also wasn't too keen on the SS models due to the past history of iPod backs. Those things scratched when you looked at it too hard. :p

I'm all about the tech than the aesthetics, and coming from the Pebble to Fibit Surge to this watch, while still not perfect is the best and fills in a need of mine (walking on my lunch break and tracking my exercise) well enough.

But this isn't a perfected product yet and it's not meant to fill the needs of everyone.

17. jjlannoo Suspended

lol so angry.

18. mikezmac, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

I call BS.

There is not a person on the planet who isn't familiar with the apple watch faces.

The weather doesn't come from apple.

This is BS.

Nice try.

19. Mindinversion macrumors 6502

Mindinversion

If this were FARK, it'd have the headline tag "Florida"

There are pro's and cons to the :apple:Watch. Anyone that complains THAT vehemently makes me suspect a lack of research on a product.

20. Gooberton macrumors 65816

21. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

OP u forgot to mention it was LATE!

you are my hero... YOU the real MVP Hahahahaha. I hope u got your flame suit on lulz

22. Gooberton macrumors 65816

You use an otterbox defender for your iPhone 6, this tells me everything I need to know about you lolllll

23. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

24. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Im sorry, but if you preferred the galaxy gear, its hard for me to take your opinion seriously >.<