Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
My JB+ has a hairline scratch on the back that I didn't notice at the Apple store. When stores get that model in stock you bet I'm going to exchange it. If this $1000.00 iPhone (I paid in full upfront) is going to have a scratch or ding in it I want to be the one who caused it.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
My JB+ has a hairline scratch on the back that I didn't notice at the Apple store. When stores get that model in stock you bet I'm going to exchange it. If this $1000.00 iPhone (I paid in full upfront) is going to have a scratch or ding in it I want to be the one who caused it.

Very likely they won't exchange it for you for a scratch since it's impossible to prove what caused the scratch.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Very likely they won't exchange it for you for a scratch since it's impossible to prove what caused the scratch.

I already have approval. I'm waiting for the store manager to call me when they have it in stock.

Edit: Apple Store just called. They are holding a replacement phone for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: techiebug

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
But the point is if it's ONLY the ding he shouldn't replace it and risk a number of other problems that are far more serious and that may affect the users experience. Especially since cosmetically this phone will encounter scratches easily. You just stated why he shouldn't replace it, he's not gonna want any of those problems u had.

i agree, if thats all thats wrong you roll way too many hardware dice to try a swap,

xRYD3Rx

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
I got the jet black plus model here been in a case since out of the box yesterday night took it out of the case to clean it and I noticed a hairline scratch on the back which is visible if looked under a light only. I got a bit upset since I paid full price for it but then I realized its too late to do anything about it. So if anyone is deciding between Jet black or the matte black and is concerned about it getting scratched up or if it will bother you then go with the matte black.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
The new iPhone packaging does not help with these issues, I think. All that's between the back of the phone and the charger and cords is the plastic film that covers the back and screen of the phone. That ought to prevent scratches but wouldn't prevent impact damage when the boxes get thrown around in transit.

ag29

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
You have the most expensive Iphone you could possibly get. in total if you count with taxes, you're spending over $1,000 for it. It should be perfect considering that amount of money. I would definitely get it replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.