Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
I'm confused. I don't think kissing is that great in any way shape form or feel.

I mean.... after all it just is skin touching skin. It doesn't feel much different than kissing any other part of the body. Theres no magical thing that clicks on. It's just lips touching lips.....

Is it just me? What does a kiss feel like to you guys?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
macgeek2005 said:
I'm confused. I don't think kissing is that great in any way shape form or feel.

I mean.... after all it just is skin touching skin. It doesn't feel much different than kissing any other part of the body. Theres no magical thing that clicks on. It's just lips touching lips.....

If it is with the right person and both parties are knowledgeable, it's wonderful. Person has to know what they are doing with their toungue, though. :)

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
Um, I think it depends on who you kiss and how you kiss. If you aren't attracted to the person you are kissing then it probably won't feel like anything special (maybe even revolting if you think of the person as more of a family member). If you are attracted and it's a first kiss (or a first few) then it may be a bit awkward.

In addition, technique and preference also makes a difference. If neither of you have good kissing technique then it may never feel right. Some people prefer big sloppy kisses while others prefer the more gentle ones. The kissing partners just need to figure out what they like to make the kisses "special." The rhythm of the kissing partners should also be in sync to make it a good kiss.

With that said, some kisses are going to be purely platonic while others are going to be far more intimate. It all just depends on the type of kiss, and, again, the partner.

You can always check out The Art of Kissing by William Cane. :D

XNine

macrumors 68040
macgeek2005 said:

A kiss is a kiss unless there's tongue. Then it's a whole new ballgame.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
If you don't like kissing, you haven't had a good kiss.

A bad kiss is among the most awkward of all relationship-type things.

An average kiss is... well, better than nothing, but not that big of a deal.

A great kiss is better than sex. A great kiss can last seemingly forever, and it's the kind of thing you'll never forget.

And iGary and Oni... lips are as important as tongue.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I don't think so at all.

Kissing sends shivers up and down my spine. Usually I prefer no tongue, but when I'm horny tongue is nice :).

e

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
floriflee said:
You can always check out The Art of Kissing by William Cane. :D
that link said:
THE ART OF KISSING Finally William Cane's bestseller is available on DVD! Now YOU can learn to french kiss in the privacy of your own home-simply by watching.
Ha ha ha ha ha!! Of course you can learn kissing while watching a DVD. Just like you can learn bird songs by reading about them.
scem0 said:
Usually I prefer no tongue, but when I'm horny tongue is nice :).
So... you pretty much prefer tongue all the time? ;)

faintember

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
freeny said:
Kissing is just a gateway affection. It only leads to more hardcore contact...
Amen! Even though kissing is the "gateway" it is one of the best parts of being intimate with someone. I remember kissing one of my ex's and thinking that i could do this forever.
The moral of the story: with the right person, kissing can be perfection. (this coming from a cynical, realist, manic depressive person!)

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
damn... sounds like i'm missing something.. but I have kissed in rythem and everything before.. I guess there was no tounge and stuff,, but still..... i'm still confused. :confused:

MarkCollette

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Yes, true, kissing is just skin touching skin. But that sounds like a great activity to me :)

Try moistening your lips a little. Then, don't try to kiss to much as use your lips as a part of your body that caresses and explores the other body. Hell, forget about the other person's lips for a while. Just softly brush your lips over their cheeks, and neck, and shoulders, pausing to linger and kiss now and again.

Oh god, now I have to wait at work all day until I get to see a girl tonight...
*Throaty Growl*

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
MarkCollette said:
Yes, true, kissing is just skin touching skin. But that sounds like a great activity to me :)

Try moistening your lips a little. Then, don't try to kiss to much as use your lips as a part of your body that caresses and explores the other body. Hell, forget about the other person's lips for a while. Just softly brush your lips over their cheeks, and neck, and shoulders, pausing to linger and kiss now and again.

*Throaty Growl*

I agree with you. I almost enjoy kissing cheeks and stuff more than lips, it feels more solid..

edit: But i'm still confused as to why kissing lips doesn't feel that amazing to me.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
To me, kissing with just about anyone who I like or is physically attractive is nice. And nicer with tongue. :D Kissing someone I'm really strongly attracted to, or in love with...mmm...*swoons* Very nice. I'm all for more kissing. And much more tongue.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
MarkCollette said:

Yeah, and I have to wait at work all day until I get to see my wife tongiht... Thanks a bunch, Mark... *** thinks cold showers***.

Anyway, back on topic, I really enjoy kissing my wife. Kissing is an intimate form of contact and there are many ways it can be done. There's opportunities for all sorts of kisses and, well, it's just really nice.

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
faintember said:
And sex is just putting your "hoo-hoo dilly in a woman's cha-cha," (Cartman, Cartman's Mom Is a Dirty Slut, South Park Season 1 Episode 13).
As we can see here, things of intimacy are often perceptually based.:p

Well.. I haven't done that yet... but I don't think you're right. Sex is different.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I still agree w/ the OP. I'm not a huge fan of kissing, either. I much prefer hugs. If kisses can't be avoided, I prefer them to NOT be wet. Ick.

I like pecks on the cheek. I think they're sweet and cute. Or pecks on the forehead.

faintember

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
macgeek2005 said:
Well.. I haven't done that yet... but I don't think you're right. Sex is different.
Good (In a mothers voice.."Your too young!") But you are missing the point. It is a matter of perception. Yes kissing is just lips touching, but it can be infinitely more. Kissing, as most things intimate, is an experience, not a clinically defined act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.