Is panorama available for the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tæylor, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Tæylor Suspended

Tæylor

ok, so yesterday, I saw one of my friends is using a iPad Air to take a line of kids in a panorama. The panorama thing was in the camera app. Can the iPad take panoramas? Thx

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

I would suggest you read your post for the answer to your question.

3. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

In a word, yes. My Mini 4 and my iPad Air 1 both are running the latest ver of iOS and it is native in the camera app.

4. Tæylor thread starter Suspended

Tæylor

Great but my little iPad mini dosent haz panorama in teh camera app

5. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Have you updated the software to ver 9.xx? My iPad Mini 4 and the Air 1 both have it labeled pano. It is the bottom choice.

6. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I believe panorama requires the 8mp camera module.

The mini (if you're talking about the first mini, since you don't specify any number after) only has the 5mp camera module. Therefore can't.

7. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

My iPad Air 1 has a 5mp camera and it does have the pano mode in the stock camera app running iOS 9.2.1.
    I'm not sure if the original Mini has a smaller, or different camera sensor or not....

8. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

According to this website, the iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 (and all models after that) support the panorama function.

Again, I'm still amazed that people are using ancient iPads like the iPad 2 and iPad mini.... "Planned obsolescence" my ass...

9. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Yes. I think the iPad Air 2 and mini 4 have the 42 mega pixel panoramas but the older iPads have it just at a lower pixel count. It's actually very useful for taking scenic panoramas. I used my air 2 to take some beautiful panoramas when I went to Corfu last year. It was able to capture the scenery a lot better than my iPhone 6 Plus simply because of the wider field of view.

10. Azzin macrumors 68040

So why didn't you put the model of your specific iPad Mini in the thread title?

It would have made things a little easier, instead of just asking a generic iPad question.

11. Tæylor thread starter Suspended

Tæylor

O great
    I saw my friend kept trying to take a line of children in a panorama with a iPad Air!

12. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

How about a first-generation iPad, purchased on Day 3 of availability? Yep, still going strong! Of course, no camera = no Pano, but I have my iPhone 6 for that.