Is the 6s the last great iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dstedman, Dec 21, 2016.

1. dstedman macrumors member

Wicked fast. Headphone jack. Solid form factor. It feels like the 6s is the last great iPhone...

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

3. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

Well, the SE went on sale after the 6s, haha. Also wicked fast, with headphone jack, but in a design that many consider to be iconic in a way that the 6/6s is not.

4. johannnn macrumors 65816

johannnn

I saw this kind of thread a few years ago. Then the 4S was last great iPhone because it had the 30-pin connector. I really think this is gonna be a non issue in a year or two.

5. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

You can pretty much cut and paste the previous year's forum threads into the present year's and not skip a beat.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

7. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

Until my next iPhone purchase. :)

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I think the lack of a headphone jack is going to be a bugbear for some for a good few years but then we'll forget all about it. Presumably the next iPhone will be the best..

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I will take my 7+ any day. Do not care about the jack.

10. cracksoup macrumors 6502

cracksoup

iPhone 7: even faster and same slim form factor but with new sleeker colours plus water resistance makes it the clear winner for me.

I do love the 4S though because it has a seriously sturdy build and it was the first display I had used with that kind of pixel density. Back in the 4S days, Apple was clearly on top of the smartphone game, while it's not that obvious anymore. Competition caught up with Apple, but that's to be expected!

I'm probably getting the next iPhone anyway or the one after that. Don't need to upgrade from my 6S+ until something comes out that I really want again.

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

There will be disgruntled individuals For years on this. But when technology advances, so do attitudes. Some choose to lose sleep over technology.

12. kramjam macrumors 6502

kramjam

yeah cause the 7 for sure is slower and has a terrible form factor compared to a 6s

13. Gabrielanicolao macrumors member

Gabrielanicolao

14. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

15. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

You're of course entitled to whatever opinion you like, but if you think of it rationally, the only thing the 6S arguably has over 7 is the headphones jack, while at the same time missing a slew of features including water resistance and better haptic feedback, better speakers, better flash and cameras, better, brighter display, way faster quadcore CPU, way faster graphics, faster flash storage with higher storage capacity tiers, faster cellular modem with more bands...

Arguably, cleaner, smoother casing design as well, if you want to include aesthetics.

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff here. In short, it's hard to name the 6S the last great iphone, and especially "the greatest", when it's inferior to the 7 series in so many ways.

16. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

My husband got a 7plus. I have a 6SPlus. Lack of a headphone jack has been a mild pain in the tail for him, if he forgets his adaptor. But otherwise, I haz an envy. I like that dual lens camera after all.

For iPhone 6 vs iPhone 7, I would envy the water resistance and the OIS.

With the iPhone SE, I envy only the water resistance. That phone is special and in a class by itself and last night actually took better photos of a winter lights show, because the iPhone 7plus and Samsung S7 Edge and HTC 10 let in too much light on their automatic settings and bleached all the colors out of the light displays.

17. MaciMac100 macrumors 6502

I'll cast my vote on iPhone 5 as the best.

Although, I like the fact 6S has 7000 series aluminium.

18. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

If you can swallow hard and get past the fugly camera bump and the fugly antenna bands and the fact that there is no option for black (Space Gray is not black)…then sure. I guess.

19. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

With the creaking bodies, processor hum and no headphone jack I'd say that the 7S+ is arguably 'worse' that the 6S+ but to call the 6S+ the last great iPhone is probably a bit much. I'm sure there will be other great iPhones along in the future. Of course some will argue that the water resistance, lack of a hardware home button and twin cameras make the 7S+ the greatest. My favourite iPhones to date are the i4 and 6S+....

20. lclev macrumors regular

lclev

The last greatest iPhone will be the one that works the way the user expects - period. That will vary by each person as we all have different expectations and not all iPhones perform the same.

For me transitioning to a new phone will have an adjustment period. I have the 7+ which i viewed as not that big of a change from my 6+ - until I shot some video. The quality was amazing. I am a videographer so when I can take phone video and drop it in Premiere Pro then create an HD video every bit as clear and crisp as one from our HD cameras that says it all for me. Wow.

So it is all a matter of perspective.

21. infinitejest macrumors 6502

infinitejest

The iPhone 7 is superior in every way. Better display, faster proccessor, better camera, better battery life, water restitant...
    So, how can you say the iPhone 6s is the last great iPhone?

22. xxray macrumors 6502

Not to mention it's better looking and the matte and jet black colors... [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

It's always like that when Apple moves on to a new device. The 7 is superior but the headphone jack removal was and still is pretty dumb.

24. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

6s/6s+ == classic design

but I sincerely hope not the last great iPhone.

25. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Pretty much.
    Every year there's something different to complain about:D
    Merry Christmas!