Is the honeymoon over?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Well I for a fact could care lesser and lesser about the watch anymore day by day. Sure I was excited about the watch and Lord knows yall know that in here... lulz. but then I realized there's the iPhone 6S plus and iPad mini 4 I could look forward to this year and it's right around the corner. iPhone still trumps everything.

Anyways, I'm starting to see more and more people losing interest with the watch or they are finding out the reality of the use or lack thereof the watch. Surely there's buyers remorse going on right now. Who's planning to return their watches? Discuss.

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Ask me again in June #

3. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

I think users of iPhone 5/5s would get a little more out of it since they now have Apple Pay via the Watch's NFC chip but even if you have the latest iPhone, it is very useful. Do we need it? No, but we don't "need" an iPhone either.

Don't like it? Sell in on the Marketplace here. Get your money back and help someone who doesn't want to wait til July to get one.

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Lulz. Apple's Customer service didn't help either. They even told me, well we can setup a return label now before you even get your device. Lol Pathetic. I wonder how that would affect the sales numbers... Returns that is.

5. jjlannoo Suspended

Watch is doing everything I expected it too. I have had zero problems with connectivity, notifications, the tactic engine or other complaints I've seen.

I would like to see more configuration settings for the various workout modes.

6. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I NEED an iPhone... Now that's a necessity haha

7. John6Plus macrumors 6502

John6Plus

So you've lost interest and don't have it yet? Is it because of problems being reported here? Because remember people are much, much more likely to post about problems and you should try it yourself - still nothing to lose if you don't like it.

If it's just because you don't know when you'll get it, I bet that will change when it ships. And what on earth did you expect customer service to do for you? Unless it's already preparing to ship you can just cancel it now and save yourself some trouble if you're sure you won't want it.

Otherwise... Good luck?

8. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

I wasn't sure I wanted one, tried it in store and thought Id try it out for awhile. Bought one on Craigslist Friday, wore it all day yesterday, re-sold it this morning. I found it useless and rather cheap looking and feeling once really using/wearing it.

9. thomasfxlt58 macrumors regular

Waiting at the alter for a trusted partner.... It's a little embarrassing to be standing here. Feeling a little dumb right now... I'm sure there's a good explanation.....

10. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Part of my buying experience is my excitement to get the item on time and be able to play with it when it arrives. That's clearly not the case here. The honeymoon is fading, I'm already losing interest. It looks like people are posting more and more issues here too.

11. Sanlitun macrumors 6502

Sanlitun

Sitting on the fence about doing a return.

Going to give it a week. My daughter likes the jellyfish animations.

12. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Lulz wait wut?

13. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

14. arminta7 macrumors regular

arminta7

I fiddle with it less as time goes by, but that's because I'm getting everything set up how I want it and am more comfortable using it. I actually get more and more excited about the possibilities with the watch the more I use it. I think we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg right now. I've been writing down ideas for apps and how some of my current apps could utilize this new form factor. WWDC can't come fast enough for me. Also can't wait to see what gets fixed in the first couple software updates.

15. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

I like the way it looks (SS version - Milanese loop), the Sport version does look really awful though. I don't find is useless just not as helpful as I thought it would be after two days. Still gonna try it out a little longer to see what happens.

16. nasa25, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

nasa25 macrumors 65816

Love mine. Absolutely brilliant. It'll be staying on my wrist and in my heart for many months to come.

17. jannette macrumors 6502

I have gone the other way. I found it rather tedious and was not overly impressed. But, the more I use it, the more I like it. Sure, it is not perfect, but software updates will sort out any quirks.

18. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

SS Milanese is awesome. In person, I really liked the SG Sport as well.

The more developers grow with the watch it will be come more useful. Native apps will be a big improvement as well.

Patience is the key.

19. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I've never thought of that. Good point that for 5 series it would be a step up since it will add nfc capabilities. For people who have the 6 series, it could be worthless.

20. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

I love the Milanese loop. Disagree about the SG Sport. The Sports all look awful but again that's just my opinion. The three big problems I have are:
    1. The O/S is slow and downright sluggish at times. Prob not going to change much. Apps should improve but still slow esp when the iPhone isnt in the same room.
    2. Battery. It's average at best and I am being kind. I really need better battery life.
    3. It's very expensive (and money is not on issue for me), but as an iPhone accessory I can't justify the cost after two days

21. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

You don't even have the device yet, and already the honeymoon's over? Come on. Seeing as you're the guy who wanted to "penalize Apple" for not getting you your device on launch day, it seems to me that you're looking for reasons not to like it.

22. KPOM macrumors G5

Well, I'm in Day 3 of Apple Watch ownership and am still liking it. It's fitting in quite naturally. Unlike the tech reviewers, I don't really find the notifications annoying (I didn't copy over all my apps and was selective about what notifications I wanted). The watch feature works pretty well (though it takes a little getting used to waiting a moment for it to turn on). The watch itself feels like any other watch I've ever worn (meaning I don't notice it), and I've gotten some compliments from colleagues who've seen it just as I might with any nice new watch. Battery life has been good (I'm at 73% having worn it for the past 7 hours).

It isn't going to completely change my life, nor was I expecting it to do so. It's a nice accessory and a good replacement for my old watch.

23. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

I feel the exact opposite. iPad? What's that? People still buy those? :cool::p

That's why having different devices and combos is great. Personally I go watch, iPhone, Macbook Air 11.6". Had 3 iPads, but once I got the small Air, never saw the point.

24. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

The only reason for me not to like it is disappointment. That's good enough. But I'm just saying, in general I've seen a lot of threads with negative input about the watch. Hmmmm.

----------

Hah I love my mini... I carry it anywhere and I answer Calls and text with it too.

25. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

This is what happens when people expect too much. I used a Samsung before and knew exactly what to expect with a watch tied to a cellphone. I love mine and use it like its intended. It will only get better and enjoy being a first adopter

----------

I agree what the hell is an iPad?? I have a 17 inch Mac book pro NEVER use--I have a mini iPad NEVER use---I use my 27 inch Mac desktop to surf the net only when want a bigger screen ---mostly use my 6 plus for everything even typing this