Is the Milanese Loop a womens band?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Sodner, Mar 4, 2015.

?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2015.
  1. Yes its supposed to be for WOMEN ONLY

16 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. Heck NO its just as much a mans band

104 vote(s)
    86.7%
  1. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

There were so many threads on the "is the white iPhone girly" that I have to ask this question.

2. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

Have seen photos of it on a mans wrist and looks fine. The only feminine band I find so far is the red mordern buckle for the Edition Watch.

3. illcoolz macrumors member

illcoolz

I'm not sure where you got this idea that's a womens band. I personally only saw the strap on mens watches, and they all look fantastic.

The milanese bracelet is not new. Check out this article that shows tons of fantastic watches that have a milanese bracelet. I personally love the IWC and Breitling.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Most certainly not the only feminine model. You forgot about the rose gold with the rose gray band and the SS model with the pink strap. No (non-flamboyant) guys would wear those.

5. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

Correct, I forgot those, those are definitely aimed towards females.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If they intended it to be a ladies band, they would have made in available only in 38mm, just as they've done for the yellow gold with the bright red strap, the rose gold with the rose gray strap, and the SS with the pink strap.

The Milanese Loop is actually traditionally a man's band.

7. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I think it's more of a mens style. To me they are the geekiest type of watch band there is.

8. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

The 1950's are over. Men can wear the colors they want now. I still remember how surprised I was to see men with White sunglass frames. I'm old enough that I could only think of Ann Francis. However, the days are over when men cannot wear pink or purple shirts without being harassed.

I really like the Milanese Loop look and already have some Stainless Steel link bands on watches. I am happy we will be able to try those on in stores and won't buy one of those without trying it on. I need to know how secure that loop feels. I snag my watch all the time and need to know it is not going to pull off. So, unless it is stupidly priced I will start with the SS and Black sports band and check out the others when I am in Berlin and Paris in May because it will be months until I am in a US city with an Apple store. I doubt I will buy one in Europe because I do not want to use up my duty allowances for something I can get at home.

9. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

10. illcoolz macrumors member

illcoolz

That's Benjamin Clymer, one of the most famous watch figures in the world.

11. leenak macrumors 68020

Yes. In fact, the Apple watch itself is a women's watch. Sorry guys. Maybe a men's version will be released in the future.

12. fuchsdh macrumors 6502a

Honestly what struck me about the watch bands is that I didn't see any that screamed "I am traditionally feminine/ masculine." Things like the link bracelet are definitely more common on men's watches, and rose gold would probably lean towards feminine tastes, but I don't think they come off as that gendered.

13. czecho7 macrumors member

czecho7

Yea I agree, even the ones that may seem a bit more feminine are still gender neutral enough that a man could pull them off. The red and rose gray modern buckles included.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Maybe flamboyant males, but I can't see most guys pulling off the bright red, rose gray and pink straps as they're quite feminine shades. This is not to say men can't wear red or pink but they have to be the correct shades.

15. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

I've worn mesh-band watches for years. While I do have to admit that in the advertising, it does look more feminine than the mesh bands I've used before, but I think once it's on and closed, it should look like any other mesh band.

16. Reason077 macrumors 68000

Reason077

If it were only for women then it would only be available on the 38mm model.

17. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

Can we stop this please? Inanimate objects are not "male" or "female". The color doesn't matter, the size doesn't matter, the style doesn't matter. Wear what you like and stop worrying about it.

/rant

18. czecho7 macrumors member

czecho7

Thank you, so nicely put. I bow to you in agreement.

19. dacreativeguy, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015

dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I'm going to weld a motorcycle drive chain to my apple watch to use as a band.

20. SuperCub macrumors member

Not many ladies could get away with that, but I'm sure you'll give it everything you've got. :)

21. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Imagine her

[​IMG]

with a chain bracelet like this:

[​IMG]

:D :cool:

22. SuperCub macrumors member

That chain doesn't appear to be welded to an Apple Watch. Besides, I'm not into chaining women to anything, but whatever pleases you, Buffalo Bill.

23. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I said "imagine." I don't have the photoshop skills to make up a picture of an Apple Watch welded to a bike chain, sorry.

24. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

I know! :D