Is there a way to attach two documents in one email? It's been over 7 years.

Still100

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
I need to do this on a daily basis, I have to log into my PC to make this happen. Is ios 8 going to manage this incredible feat or am I getting a surface pro 3 to replace my ipad?

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011
I need to do this on a daily basis, I have to log into my PC to make this happen. Is ios 8 going to manage this incredible feat or am I getting a surface pro 3 to replace my ipad?
I sure hope so...one of the few reasons I remained JB (until today).

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Just get the Surface Pro 3. If that one little thing is really going to push you over the edge, it sounds like you've already convinced yourself.

Still100

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Looks like it will be a surface pro 3. Apple have implemented a way to minimise the compose email, maybe apple will get to it in ios17. Just can't understand why apple can't implement something this simple.

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
Looks like it will be a surface pro 3. Apple have implemented a way to minimise the compose email, maybe apple will get to it in ios17. Just can't understand why apple can't implement something this simple.
Why don't you just get asender or something similar from the App Store... Also.. You should be able to copy documents from apps using the share menu and past them to your email

screensaver400

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2005
I'd be shocked if there isn't. You can already attach multiple photos directly from within the Mail app. I'd imagine you can attach multiple files from iCloud Drive in the same way.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
I was wondering if I missed attachments in email, I didn't see anything about it. Namely adding attachments to replies

If they added it I figured there'd be a big hurrah, it's long overdue

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Not native to iOS, but ReaddleDocs works great for managing documents, as well as sending multiple docs at once.

Still100

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
The problem with using a third party apps I've tried is that you can't reply to an email you've recieved, you can only create a new blank email and attach multiple documents. Example: I receive an email with one word and one excel attachment. I have to update each attachment and reply in the email thread where they are being discussed.

... I have to go to the PC.

cheekyjeremy

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2009
Readdle Documents 5 is native to iOS and is fantastic for this and everything else. It was a complete game changer for me.

CharlieBrown-DE

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Germany
I am missing this is simple function now since my iPhone 3G!!
I really, really hope they do something about adding attachments soon!
"Tim, do you hear me?!?!"

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
I'd be really surprised if Mail didn't have the iCloud file picker by 8.0's public release.

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Are you astroturfing?
You mention a "flaw" in iOS which is solvable through apps and probably iCloud drive now...
Then another guy comes along "heeeey you need surface pro 3, you need that don't resist it's what you want"
Then you go "ok, surface 3 - better than apple. BUY SURFACE 3"

Egish

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2011
Salem, OR
I am missing this is simple function now since my iPhone 3G!!
I really, really hope they do something about adding attachments soon!
"Tim, do you hear me?!?!"

I just added 6 pictures to my apple email client email....
Just do a long pause in the body of the text and choose insert image or video

I am using an ipad mini retina with iOS7.1.1

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014

Or use cloudmagic, it's free and works great. All apple native apps suck. I use none of them.

paronga

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2011
Australia, Melbourne
You can grab a doc in dropbox and send to someone? Not the link but the actual doc.....
I think this is a dropbox thing. Really ****ing BS. Some behaviour on the computer, all part of the cloud dream

Cool. Now do that with PDFs. OH WAIT!

CharlieBrown-DE

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Germany

I am not talking about photos or videos. I am talking about business stuff and attachments of any kind.
And unfortunately this is not working.

yep-sure

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
It would have to be, right?

I mean, with Continuity, if I started an email on my Mac, with > 1 attachment, and wanted to continue it on my iPad, for the feature to work correctly, it should show the half composed email with the multiple attachments, ready for me to pick up.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
This is the reason my work still uses Android in the field. Plus other file types can be handled natively from the OS (ex. I can have a zip file in a folder and attach it from the email app).

MisakixMikasa

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
It would have to be, right?

I mean, with Continuity, if I started an email on my Mac, with > 1 attachment, and wanted to continue it on my iPad, for the feature to work correctly, it should show the half composed email with the multiple attachments, ready for me to pick up.
Continuity and handoff are cool and nice features. However, it is next to useless when you are not with yours computers. Lots of time, people need to send multiple documents via emails on their iPad are the time without their computers or not using Macs at all. I still wish heir is File app allow me short allmy files, i.e. send choice multiple file to send, zipping multiple files, move files from one folder to other and read external source using lighting to USB/SD adapters. I mean with rumoured multi Windows on iPad, iPad is more than just a consumption devices, it is a productivity devices. Without proper file app, it does not made any sense.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Are you astroturfing?
You mention a "flaw" in iOS which is solvable through apps and probably iCloud drive now...
Then another guy comes along "heeeey you need surface pro 3, you need that don't resist it's what you want"
Then you go "ok, surface 3 - better than apple. BUY SURFACE 3"
You can't say "it's not a flaw" just because other third-party apps do it. With that logic, iOS would never have its default apps ever updated. That's like saying who care if iMessage can't share your location, Whatsapp can.

The native Mail client on iOS is great; however, attaching multiple items is still an issue. If iCloud Drive will be accessible through Mail, then problem solved but it's not in the current Beta.

Sound214

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2011
Sweden
Do you guys believe Safari will gain support to upload documents by the time of the public release, much like you can upload images when clicking upload buttons?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Do you guys believe Safari will gain support to upload documents by the time of the public release, much like you can upload images when clicking upload buttons?
Until Apple gives iOS a user accessible file managment system (like Finder on Mac) we will most likely not be able to do any of these things people keep asking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.