iPad mini Is there that much difference between the original Mini and the Mini 4?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by PinkyMacGodess, Sep 22, 2016.

1. PinkyMacGodess macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

I hate buying new cases, and was hoping that the original OtterBox Mini case would work with the Mini 4. My Mini has become almost unusable with lags and app crashes, but it's how old? Dang!

I'd imagine the Mini 4 is thinner, and there is a hole in the back of the original Mini case, but the camera looks to be in the same position. Being retired is cutting down on my toy procurement... :(

Sounds like a silly question, but...

Thanks...

2. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

It is quite a bit thinner, but also the length has increased slightly so unfortunately I don't think your Mini 1 case will work.

3. PinkyMacGodess thread starter macrumors 68040

PinkyMacGodess

Thought so. The latest iPad Air seems longer too.

Thanks for the response.

4. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

Your iPad mini 1 case is only compatible with the mini 1, mini 2, and mini 3. The mini 4 has a slightly different form factor with it being slightly taller and narrower.

5. bensisko macrumors 65816

Yep - confirming what others have said. All is not lost though - you could get the mini 3 and it should fit just fine. Otherwise I've seen the otterboxes for the mini 4 on sale recently - I'm sure you can find an otter box or similar case on sale.