Is this normal for a new MacBook Pro battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hos4m, Feb 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hos4m macrumors newbie

Hos4m

Hi,

I just got a new 13" MacBook Pro 2015 with Retina display, here is a screenshot from the CoconutBattery app

[​IMG]

I'm noticing that the "Full Charge Capacity" don't reach 100% whatever I did, I tried to keep the laptop charging over night and it didn't do it.

Also, I'm noticing that the laptop is struggling to be on battery for 6 hours, most cases is 5 hours and I do web development so I just open the IDE and the browser (Chrome in this case) and a about 3 tabs running in Terminal.

What I'm doing wrong that could make the battery life better as claimed to be 8 hours?

Thanks.

2. McBeresford macrumors regular

McBeresford

3. Tazoawake2016 macrumors member

Tazoawake2016

Hi, like you, I also recently bought a 13-inch MBP (2015 model) and mine has no problem charging to 100%. Try fully discharging it and then charging it again. If it doesn't charge to 100% or even fails to go beyond 75% (as shown in the screenshot), then obviously the battery is faulty in your new laptop and you're entitled to exchange it for another.

Apple's policy:

Your battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 1000 complete charge cycles. The one-year warranty includes replacement coverage for a defective battery.

Read more here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

Btw, I have heard many forum users say Chrome on Mac is a battery hog. So, I only use Safari when on battery power and have no problem getting 8-10 of web browsing hours.

4. Hos4m thread starter macrumors newbie

Hos4m

--- Post Merged, Feb 17, 2017 ---
    the laptop charges to 100% no problem, I think the "Full Charge Capacity" in the CoconutBattery is something different than the battery percentage we see in the top status bar.