Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OOC

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2008
****, I'd go to it. I'm the only one in my group of friends who'd ever be remotely interested in something like that.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
So I've never done anything like this before, but I'm just so excited for the new iPhone that I got together with a couple of my friends and decided to throw a party for watching the WWDC stream together.

I made "iPhone sandwiches", in which I cut out bread in the exact dimensions of an iPhone, and sculpted a home button and earpiece in the bread. They are filled with chicken salad and lettuce. I made "Apple Apple" fruit salad, in which I cut up red, green, and Fuji apples, added red grapes and cantaloupe. I also made "App Store" pasta salad. And the piece de resistance, an iPhone-shaped chocolate cake, complete with home screen and colored frosting to show different apps.

I plan to invite about 10-12 people over, all fellow iPhone fans, and we're going to watch the live event while we eat an early brunch and toast to Apple.

Does this sound cool? I don't want people to laugh at me.

Yes, it's really really really really nerdy.

But, it sounds like fun.

nick1516

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
Okay, I'm going to be watching the live feed to, but I think you're taking this a little to far... :rolleyes:

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Not nerdy at all. Gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) maybe, but not nerdy.

iObama

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2008
Definitely the nerdiest thing I've ever heard of.

And you forgot to send me an invitation.

:D

cjthebest

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
So I've never done anything like this before, but I'm just so excited for the new iPhone that I got together with a couple of my friends and decided to throw a party for watching the WWDC stream together.

I made "iPhone sandwiches", in which I cut out bread in the exact dimensions of an iPhone, and sculpted a home button and earpiece in the bread. They are filled with chicken salad and lettuce. I made "Apple Apple" fruit salad, in which I cut up red, green, and Fuji apples, added red grapes and cantaloupe. I also made "App Store" pasta salad. And the piece de resistance, an iPhone-shaped chocolate cake, complete with home screen and colored frosting to show different apps.

I plan to invite about 10-12 people over, all fellow iPhone fans, and we're going to watch the live event while we eat an early brunch and toast to Apple.

Does this sound cool? I don't want people to laugh at me.
That honestly sound so cool! I would love to come!

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
I love this idea of a party.

iMac and iBook saved Apple from the brink and get a nice nest egg, and iPhone helped make Apple among the biggest boys on the block here in Silicon Valley.

If iPhone and iPod continue at their current rate, we can become as big as Microsoft. Sure, this would take years, but it's possible.

I am talking about this in real dollars, cash, not just fly by night stock valuations or consumer confidence.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
eh sounds like a bit of a sausage fest, no offense. you might wanna try to get a few more girls. it still sounds like fun though

I really enjoy when a guy says something like this. Really shows his ignorance. Especially when said guy - really enjoys watching grown men run around on a field chasing each other in really tight pants. Some even smack each others asses. Sausage fest much? :rolleyes:

OP - sounds fun. You have one life - LIVE IT! :D I would come. Would be cool to meet people with common interests and have some fun.

ChrisGonzales90

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Hillsboro, Oregon USA.
I really enjoy when a guy says something like this. Really shows his ignorance. Especially when said guy - really enjoys watching grown men run around on a field chasing each other in really tight pants. Some even smack each others asses. Sausage fest much? :rolleyes:

roflmao.gif

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa

OP - sounds fun. You have one life - LIVE IT! :D I would come. Would be cool to meet people with common interests and have some fun.

I also enjoy watching the cheerleaders on the sidelines. and if you want to have women go out and play full contact pro football with the guys, be my guest

Apollo 13

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
it's dorky as hell... but it's your life and you do what you want and who gives a **** what others think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.