Is this really the best a Apple can develope in a year?????

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kisbys, Jun 10, 2009.

1. kisbys macrumors regular

Who out here actually believes that this is going to be the only version of the iphone we see this year???

We have heard huge rumors about other capabilities and with Jobs away who thinks that when he returns he could bring something with him???

I'm frankly a little disappointed with the new phone... no flash obvious but disappointing... worst is the lack of a better screen however

I just get this feeling that in reality that something else is on the horizon.

2. Que macrumors 6502

there are plenty of threads moaning about the 3gs, why don't you join in on one of them?

apple won't bring out another phone until next year. christmas at the very earliest (though unlikely).

get over it.

here's another person with equally ridiculous thoughts http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=715912

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

People are already pissed enough that they can't get their greedy impatient little mitts on this one when they're only 12 months in to their 3G contracts. If Apple were to release another [major] update in the next few months (which I don't for a moment think they will), they would practically have an uprising on their hands from every deluded expectant nitwit out there.

4. synagence macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing they're looking at the opposition (blackberry storm 2, pre, win-mo 6.5 devices) and seeing what they *need* to do to remain competitive and doing that

They probably could have included OLED and other elements but they won't bring out a revolutionary device every year ... i think they'll work on a 2 year cycle of Major-Minor releases ... this year it was minor

5. CBX macrumors regular

+1. Exactly my thoughts.

Kind of makes sense to go for the 24month contract rather than the 18month one when you look at it this way. Although as soon as I do this it will revert to major every year! :D

6. argor macrumors member

a new arm cortex-A8 cpu and new gpu powervr SGX both are more lest twice more powerful than the old gpu and cpu maybe more and iphone now has opengl es 2 this is i would call a Major release

7. amammad macrumors regular

Seriously, do you have to be SO disrespectful? Making me sick. :mad:

8. iSaga macrumors regular

Some people will just never be happy. Go find a new phone if it upsets you that much. Seriously, it really is that easy.

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Disrespectful to who?

10. amammad macrumors regular

Anyone who has a different view to you apparently. The language you choose is deliberately antagonistic.

11. The General macrumors 601

It's a solid refresh. Way faster CPU, double the storage capacity, 50% higher resolution camera with autofocus and tap to focus, video recording at 30fps, built-in compass, voice control, accessibility options, OpenGL ES 2.0, video trimming, battery percentage indicator, better battery life, oil and water resistant finish.

And that's not even mentioning all of the improvements they've made to the iPhone OS with 3.0 - improvements from which everyone will benefit. I'd say Apple has done a fantastic job this year.

I pre-ordered my 32GB black iPhone 3G S and my total cost was $556. After having sold my white iPhone 3G for $450, I'd say that getting all of those improvements for $106 is an excellent deal and well worth the money.

12. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I wasn't rude or disrespectful to anyone directly, not even the OP.

Mine was a general comment on what I see and read.

You actually think I'm wrong? You'd all throw your toys out the pram all over again if another iPhone update were to materialise in the near future.

13. ascender macrumors 68000

Its funny to see people moaning in multiple threads about the people who are moaning about the new iPhone in multiple threads.

:)

14. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

The interwebs are great, aren't they? :D :rolleyes:

15. amammad macrumors regular

No you've been quite careful not single one person out. You're just insulting a whole group of people instead. If you'd used that language to one person, you'd be borderline rule breaking on here. Instead you make it a general insult that still includes the person you want to insult.

Again... accusing "you all".

Personally, I think you pay your money and take your chance and I don't appreciate the generalisations.

Yeah, it does get very tiresome.

16. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

^ So what? Welcome to the internet. People have comments and sometimes you may not like them, the same way some of us are in awe of the whinging.

I shudder to think of what would happen if something EVEN BETTER (OMGWTFBBQ?!?!?!11five :eek: ) came along. It would be an epic implosion of bitter angry consumers who simply MUST have that newest thing.

17. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Excuse me all over the place.

The crap half the people here have been spouting recently, they're all due a possibly rude awakening.

18. Razeus macrumors 601

lol, here we go again with another one of these "the 3GS is not a major upgrade" thread. Give me a break dude. It seems the only ones that don't think this is major upgrade are the ones who are stuck in a 3G contract, forced to by double the price. ROFL.

Faster CPU, Faster GPU, more RAM, more Capacity, better Camera with functions, Compass, Voice Control, better 3G chip.

....ya, that's not a major upgrade:rolleyes:

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I believe that it is clear there is a certain sense of sensitivity among people who are sitting in one of two camps (not to say that others aren't sitting somewhere else but this is to the people who longed for a major update).

People longed for a major update and got it. There is a whole host of new features that optimizes the iPhone. You see, I believe what people are failing to remember is that the iPhone has been a great phone with mediocre cell service but it ran laggy at times. Often a reboot was necessary. It hung during firmware updates and temporarily bricked phones. It needs a faster CPU and all that jazz. What is killing people is that their wants (they're not needs) were not 100% catered to. So what if the design has not changed, did it ever cross anyone's mind that Apple believe they have a winner on their hands with the design? Did it ever cross your mind that Apple sees video chat to be as stupid as many others find it to be on an iPhone so there's no front facing camera? Doubtful.

A major update doesn't need to be a design change. Look at the MacPro. I believe the new iPhone 3Gs to be a fairly nice update and a compliment to an already great phone with mediocre service. (thank you AT&T)

All this can be said without generalizing that we're all nitwits as many of us are not.

20. surfingmonk macrumors newbie

Man, all those people complaining about other people whining on the internet are such whiners. If they expect to come to a forum on the interweb and not see endless tirades by deluded people, they are pretty darned deluded themselves. Everyone should stop whining.

...c wat i did thar?

21. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

yar! tis amazin'.

22. surfingmonk macrumors newbie

:D

On topic and to the TS, the answer to your question is no.

23. iGary Guest

iGary

24. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's just like the old saying goes....Opinions are like ***holes. Everyone has one and they all stink.

25. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue