Is TomTom ever coming out?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bbplayer5, Jul 21, 2009.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Is there an estimated release date or anything? They are really dropping the ball here.

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Its still summer right? So they haven't dropped anything yet.

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Late Summer.

Late Summer.

Late Summer.

4. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Company is the size of TomTom slower to the market than a lot of Nav programs? Its really strange...

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

will these threads ever stop

wanting to know when or if something is coming out. :rolleyes: send a email too TomTom!

Dear TomTom!

Are you ever coming out with that Iphone App? any idea when it will come out?

wait to see if they respond and how. I also think somebody posted the same thing about 3 days ago.

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Give them time to release it. I would rather have them take their time and make it perfect, instead of rushing it.

7. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

They are doing hardware and software.

8. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/301)

+1.

The last thing I would want is to expect to use my GPS and spend months frustrated that it doesn't work properly.

Be patient. Marketing said late summer and we are not there yet.

9. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Quality usually takes longer than crap.

What's the saying? Speed, Quality, Price. Pick Two.

10. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

I sure hope its worth it. I have had little luck with the other nav apps so hopefully they are doing their homework!

11. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Maybe they don't want to have the problems you've highlighted in some of your other threads concerning navigation apps that hurried to get into the App Store early?

12. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Maybe they are making sure the app is perfect before releasing it. Which would you rather have: A. A broken TomTom app that takes your to Oklahoma instead of the mall. or B. No TomTom app until it is perfect. :rolleyes:

13. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

We're not yet even past midway of summer, just be patient.

I'm off to use Google Maps for now ;)

14. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Funny, since they didn't say "late summer", they said "later this summer", back in April/May.

15. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I feel like we're in that window until Autumn begins. Perhaps that's just my understanding of the English language.

16. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Why is it strange? If you want unreliable, barely functional crap, there's plenty of it in the app store right now.

17. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Based on a twitter posting by @NAVIGON_, the North America full version has been approved by Apple and will be in the store very soon!

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sweet :D

19. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

Nice. I hope TomTom knows that they're losing a lot of customers. I mean, I'm waiting, but a lot of people aren't as patient.

20. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

NAVIGON:

$139 for the European version. Can buy a nice freestanding GPS for that price.

USA (North America) Demo (1+ GIG) is posted but is pretty useless as a demo.

21. Moleshome macrumors member

How much more time do they need? Supposedly TomTom was working on the iPhone in June of last year (Linky).

Let's just remember this was the mighty turn-by-turn navigation app that was rolled out as part of the keynote speech. And the statement at http://iphone.tomtom.com/announcement.html is a blatant lie, "TomTom demonstrates the world’s first dedicated in-car navigation solution for iPhone at WWDC", my arse did they, they demonstrated nothing more than smoke and mirrors and the smoke is rapidly drifting away.

22. bingles macrumors newbie

Bitter disappointment

I'm sooOoo disappointed in Tomtom... :( Later this summer? When is that? British summer time ends on October 25th this year....

Come on Tomtom!!! Get a move on!

23. trevreyno macrumors member

I expect the delay is because they are desperately trying to implement a way to secure it from being cracked and released on bit torrents as the Navigon App all ready has been.

TomTom has lost major chunks of its revenue in the past durring its Windows Mobile days from its software being cracked and released on bit torrent sites.

24. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

This kind of reminds me of all the gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands over Slingplayer. How it was all smoke and mirrors, it was vaporware, it was never going to be approved, it was held up for a million and one reasons...and 99.9% of all of that was just bull****. Get Navigon if you need GPS software right this exact moment or, otherwise, relax, find something to occupy all that spare time for a while and it'll be out when it's out.

Just
    Slingplayer

25. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

no. it's never coming out. that demonstration at the keynote was just a hoax to get you all excited. but seriously, i'm pretty sure they said summer and i'm pretty sure that summer isn't over. plus why would people want it to be the first one in the App Store rather than holding off a little bit. the longer it takes to come out the less bugs it's likely to have. would you rather it come out rushed and unpolished and with a whole bunch of bugs that makes it crash all the time?