Is YOUR iPhone4 a Centerfold??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MACiVoy, Apr 1, 2011.

?

Well...

1. Naked

89 vote(s)
    48.9%
  2. Fully Clothed (case)

58 vote(s)
    31.9%
  3. Topless (only screen/back protectors)

35 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. MACiVoy macrumors member

I was just wondering who allows their iPhone to go naked??

I LOVE the look of the iPhone 4, however I am just so cautious (especially with the news of no new iPhone 5 this year)..

Right now I am using a Griffin Elan Graphite, and I do love the look of the case, however when I take the phone out it is so sexy and feels great in the hand..

What is everyones opinion on leaving their iphone run wild and free? Any horror stories? Any suggestions to have the best of both worlds?

2. MACiVoy thread starter macrumors member

Not nervous?

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

My iPhone wears its birthday suit. Been that way since launch and I still haven't scratched the screen or the glass.

5. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

This. If it wasn't for the Antenna issues, it would be completely naked.

6. njaremka macrumors 6502

i voted for "Naked" but i carry it around in a Elago pocket pouch.

7. hobo.hopkins macrumors 6502a

hobo.hopkins

I've tried using a case with my iPhone 4, but I always end up using it without a case. It's too perfect as-is, and I haven't had any problems with scratching or dropping it (fingers crossed!).

8. MACiVoy thread starter macrumors member

Im surprised all those who go naked...one drop and bye bye..

9. Surely Guest

Surely

I use a bumper and front & back protectors. If I didn't have an issue with the oleophobic coating wearing off from use (already had to swap for a new one, had to do the same thing with the 3GS), I wouldn't use a front screen protector at all.

The phone feels too fragile when it's naked.

10. infidel69 macrumors regular

I always covered my iphones with Otterbox Defenders at work then took them off when I got home.

11. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

My concern is when summer and sweaty palms arrive. You damn near can't hold onto your iPhone without a rubberized case/bumper of some sort.

12. iFiend, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

iFiend macrumors 65816

I have a phantomskinz matte back on with a rotating array of front protectors. With the matte phantomskin sides I'm mostly protected (hate cases). And I think it makes her the hottest centerfold around :)

WOOOHOOO! Went from a side salad to a premium salad today!!

13. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

This concerns me too. I love the look and feel of the iPhone 4 without a case and while I'm at home I normally don't use one. But when I go out I throw on my iSkin Solo case. It doesn't have much drop protection, but it does add a little grip to the phone. Makes it easier to use/carry. I also go with no screen shield.

14. MACiVoy thread starter macrumors member

When I had my 3gs I never used a case, worst case scenario a scratch/dent/crack in the plastic..

With the 4 one drop and its shattered....I have the bumper case as well, only issue with that is I cannot get my fat fingers into the ring/silent switch! I also dont like that it covers the power and volume buttons as I love the feel..

15. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

16. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

In some situations though, people spend more money trying to protect their phone with cases and screen care, than it would cost to get a shattered front or back replaced.

17. MACiVoy, Apr 1, 2011

MACiVoy thread starter macrumors member

It is just a phone, but honestly with being a pharmacist it is so much more than that to me..

I have so many medical books on it, along with apps that get me through the day..

If there is one thing I own that I like to take care of its my iphone (I just got a new mercedes and havent even washed it in months..)..

18. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

19. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

That's why I have a product replacement plan on my iPhone 4. Since my 3G, I've always preferred to use them without a case. I dropped my 4 recently and got a small crack on the back. (Impressive since it feel from about 6 feet high.) Since I've been paying for the PRP, I went ahead and got it replaced. Took all of 2 days to get it replaced.

20. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Naked, dropped several times, no damage, light scratching on the back.

21. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

Naked, fell out of my Touareg and didn't take a scratch or a dent on the asphalt. I was completely shocked and must say that I can't see myself doing much worse so the clothes remain off.:D

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

While it does help with the antenna issue that is not the only reason I use it. The naked iPhone feels kinda slippery to me, so I use the bumper to help with grip.

23. LapsangSouchong, Apr 1, 2011

LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

After being bumped while holding mine and dropping it (it shattered, in a bumper) I now use the otterbox commuter or my mophie juicepack or the defender if I'm skiing or mountain biking. And a screen protector.

24. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Mine is fully clothed, I have a screen protector and a case.