iTMS Australia Leaked?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
An apparent oversight in the updating of the Apple Japan website for the iPod shuffle shows:
The iTunes Music Store is the service which is offered in the United States & Europe & Canada & Australia.
The release of the iTMS in Australia has been previously rumored to happen in January of this year.

ibrett

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2005
Leongatha
Let me be the first to say in a very calm tone...

OHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASE

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
ibrett said:
Let me be the first to say in a very calm tone...

OHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASEOHPLEASE.
And let me yell it at the top of my voice "Oh please!"

kewpid

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2003
I hope the pricing for this is reasonable.

AU$0.99 would make us the cheapest iTMS in the world :cool:

jesuscandle

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2003
Boston, MA
Note that Austrialia's AppleTalk.com.au was reporting eariler that the general public had been "un-invited" from the Sydney MacWorld event.

"Business Partners only" led some to believe that it would be Austrailian Apple stores instead of the Music Store. Maybe both?

pbook15

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Congradulations Australia if you finally do get it. Just have to say that after becoming used to the US store before it was released here in Canada the Canadian store was lacking some features and content I was looking forward to. In some cases Canadian artists were listed in the US store but not the Canadian one, and there are no free downloads. I'm still enjoying it and have purchased a few songs and I hope you all have the oppertunity to do the same very soon.

Village Idiot

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Driving me nuts.

I can't find anything about this Australian Press conference. When do we hear an announcement? I really hope it's the itms. Although the apple stores would be nice too. Was in the chatswood(sydney) store today and fair dinkum, the sales guy there was the most obnoxious loser ever.
Bring on the itms!

Disko

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2003
Village Idiot said:
I can't find anything about this Australian Press conference. When do we hear an announcement? I really hope it's the itms. Although the apple stores would be nice too. Was in the chatswood(sydney) store today and fair dinkum, the sales guy there was the most obnoxious loser ever.
Bring on the itms!
We've got an insider in the "event" now. Expect an update tonight of what happened in there on AppleTalk. :)

starwxrwx

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2004
give us features!!

let me add my "OH PLEASE!"

can we also have features like those photo books ordered from iphoto??? they look amazing!!!! wahhh i want :p what other countries besides the US even get them?

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
I'll do something a bit risky, I'll put in a date; January 22nd.
Why? If you look on Apple.com.au's privacy policy (here) they have:
Apple has updated its privacy policy effective 22 January 2005. Click here to view the revised policy.
And when you click here the new policy contains information about the iTunes Music Store:
We also collect information regarding customer activities on our website, .Mac, the iTunes Music Store and on related websites.
Please don't kill me if I'm wrong, but I feel confident about this.
Anyone want to put any bets on?

h'biki

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
Sydney, Australia
5:30pm and no word on the Apple conference.
--

This is what I wrote in response to that article:

Hmm. Our copyright system is so different that Telstra already have an online music store? The only real difference in Australia copyright is that we do not have a very strong system of fair use and that digitisation for personal use is illegal. Hell, after the FTA our Copyright Act is fair closer to America's than it has been at any time. Its DMCA-Lite.

I suspect it may have more to do with Telstra + Microsoft gettint to ARIA first than anything else. Australia may only 2%, but we're one of the highest spenders on music per capita.

---

But I also note that they spoke about a briefing in the morning - which I figure they consider to be MWSF rather than the conference this afternoon. It finishes at 6.30pm, so there's no way in hell that ZDNET should know.

Typical ****** IT 'journalism'. The IT guys get it so wrong so much of the time, it really makes you wonder about the general political coverage, eh?