"It's a beta"

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by teknikal90, Sep 12, 2013.

1. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Where are all the internet janitors who used to insist in threads to not talk about bugs because 'it's a beta'....
    well it's the GM now and what?? you still can't swipe until after the animations are done??? what? frame rates are still choppy on the iPad?
    What's spring board still crashes on the ipad???

where are you now janitors!??

We'd seen the exact same thing happen with iOS 6 Maps.

Guess what, Apple trolls these boards...the more people complain about one thing, the more they know they've got to fix it!

2. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

It is NOT a Beta. next time try NOT to jump the gun by downloading from a Third Party Website and Wait for the Official Release. it's running just nice here.

3. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

I downloaded the gm from a 3rd party sources and everything is running good for me.

4. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

so um....youre saying the GM that is out now will be different than the GM that will be released next wednesday?? I'm confused as to what youre trying to say

----------

Oh yeah it's running 'fine' but the complaints that people had during the beta - that were quickly dismissed as 'beta' bugs - are now still there.
    Unlock your phone and try to swipe before the animation ends. you can't.
    That's one.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I don't deny that there are trolls on here, but they certainly do not work for Apple!

6. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Maybe because they aren't bugs. Sounds like it just isn't working the way you want it to.

There will always be bugs. Use the bug reporter and maybe they it will get fixed in a later update. Overall, it is pretty darn stable and works very well.

7. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

there you go again kevpants. let me explain to you what he is trying to say - and that is, the GM has the quality of a beta. there are a lot of things that need to be corrected. it is not as polished as a normal Apple GM.

get it now?

8. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

No i am saying that those third parties may have altered the download by adding malicious code to the IOS 7 GM Seed.

9. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

Let the apple fanboys cheerlead for an os update while for years they bashed android for being buggy. Maybe one day they'll wake up. I was one of the main ones they attacked for saying this will be buggy at release, and I'm pleased to see that I was right.

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The Apple software team felt the latest build was good enough to earn a GM title.

The public release may be exactly this build or there may be a change.

Lingering issues that are not critical to the OS may or may not be addressed in months to come.

The "I can't swipe until the animation is done" issue is not critical. It does not get in the way of using the phone as it is intended.

You think iOS 7 release is bad? Go buy any game by EA. They release buggier than hell games and then spend 6 months patching. I for one remember the freakin bug in Battlefield 2 where you would fire a rocket and it would pass THROUGH a vehicle. All the whining and complaining we did on the EA forums did not help fix that issue any faster.

11. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

Using the bug reporter can be a frustrating experience. I reported that a control button that was present in the videos app in iOS 6 is missing in iOS 7. I got a reply from Apple's engineers asking for crash logs. I replied that that shouldn't be necessary. Nothing crashed. They're just missing a control that should be there (the button that lets you bring up the chapter menu in a video). They replied again with a complete set of instructions for capturing crash logs and asking me to submit one.

I wanted to pull out what's left of my hair and shout, "For goodness sake, just take out an iPhone that's running iOS 7 and play a video on it! Do you see a chapter select button? No, you don't. That's the problem. You don't need a dang crash log!"

12. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Running perfectly fine on my iPhone 5 and iPad 4. Did you just update over the BETA? Or did you do a clean [clean as in Apples version of Clean] install?

13. Chazz08 macrumors 6502

Mine actually still has bugs too. One of which I had during the betas, and I still have with the GM. When I get a notification, I'll swipe to unlock, and sometimes it goes into sleep while I'm typing in my password....Kind of annoying.

14. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

Really? Now we are making comparisons to EA? How the mighty have fallen! People used to brag about how bug free ios was to Android you know?

15. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

Try this: Settings, General, Reset all Settings and Data!

16. GreyOS macrumors 68030

Feel sorry for Apple developers - as a software developer myself, I know how much it sucks when the business forces a release for a deadline when you know the code is not as tight as you'd like it to be. There will be point releases to get there, though.

17. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

Oh and a friendly reminder: IOS 7 is still Pre-Release right now which means if you bring it in for Service with IOS 7 on it you will Void your 1 Year Warranty!

18. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

False..it doesn't void your warranty. They tell you they won't service it unless you're on the current release version. If you have your computer in store, you can restore to the latest official release, and they will gladly look at it.

You seem to like spreading false information.

19. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Software isn't perfect
    Apple isn't perfect

End of story.

20. slrandall macrumors 6502

You're happy about persistent software bugs?

21. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

I dont need to swipe immediately after unlocking.:rolleyes:

22. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Clean DFU. did not even restore from a backup

23. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

I'm happy that people who bashed me and my opinion while acting like 2-3 months was enough to fix bugs get what they deserve.

24. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

This is NOT true at all. Software does not void hardware warranty. Are you just making stuff up for the fun of it?

This is very true.

25. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

I did a clean DFU install - no restoring from back up either. started as a new phone
    also, your allusion that 3rd party websites somehow hacked the firmware and added malicious codes to it, hours after it was released is laughable.