It's clear with iOS 8, this is Tim Cook's Apple.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Razeus, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Razeus macrumors 603

iOS 8 a buggy, rushed out the door, mess. Crashes, freezes, features that used to work no longer do, unoptimized apps for the 6+, not many developers taking advantage of iOS 8 extensions (looking at you photo apps), iCloud Photo Library or Photostream wants to duplicate photos I want to edit in the "photos" area but not the "recently taken" area, Camera Roll (didn't developers know about this?), Family Sharing clearly doesn't work as expected, etc.

This is the worse release ever for iOS and Apple.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I have had the opposite experience.

3. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Unoptimised apps for the 6+? That's not Tim's fault!

I agree, I've had the opposite experience. I love iOS 8 on my iPhone 5s and retina iPad mini.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

I too have the opposite experience. I have no idea what the OP is talking about.

As for unoptimised apps that's not Tim or Apple's fault. Everytime there is a new hardware or OS release this happens and it takes time for most apps especially third party ones to be optimised. Most app developers probably didn't know the hardware specifications of the 6 and 6 Plus so will need some time to optimise for them. I realise iOS has been in beta for a while with devs having access to it but again it takes time to recode or what ever they do for the new OS as well as the new hardware.

5. Razeus thread starter macrumors 603

Oh, me too. I'm just summarizing all the complaining around here. ;)

6. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

Not sure how much there is to LOVE about iOS 8 at this point. Extensions and quick reply are about it. Everything else has been pushed back to October. Honestly at this time its the most lackluster update ever , even more than iOS 6.

7. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I don't think I'm the only one experiencing stupid bugs which didn't exist during the last beta but are now present in the GM.

One bug I have is that tapping a row in a few apps take me to a row with an offset of 1, i.e., the next row and not the one I actually tapped on.

Don't think it's the app though, unless the app developers are at fault, and there's quite a few of them.

8. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I'm seeing a bunch of bugs with iOS8. I've usually waited before updating but I got this one right away and haven't happy with some of the issues.

9. Phoboss macrumors member

I have some minor bugs with iOS 8, but overall it's a great experience.
    Apple had problems with bugs and glitches during the Jobs era. Antennagate anyone?

And Steve is dead, so move on!

10. Brian Y macrumors 68040

iOS 8 feels a little unfinished to me. But I seem to recall 7.0 was the same.

It'll all be fine by 8.0.2 ;).

11. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I also love the third party keyboards, handoff and the Health app.

12. 0000757 macrumors 68040

This statement also applies to:

iOS 7
    iOS 6
    iOS 5
    iOS 4
    iPhone 5/S
    iPhone 4/S
    iPad
    iPad mini
    Mac OS 10.10
    Mac OS 10.9
    Mac OS 10.8
    Mac OS 10.7
    Retina Macbook Pro
    iMac (2013)
    Mac Pro (2013)

How many more disasters and mistakes will Apple make? :rolleyes:

13. AndyK macrumors 65816

AndyK

Said everyone after every release ever.

14. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Tell me. Have you reported a single bug in iOS 8 on Apple support bug reporting website?

15. Razeus thread starter macrumors 603

I put in 7 so far. You?

16. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

4. so you have submitted the request. and previous iOS's had hiccups too, why the rant. this is a better release than 7

17. Kung macrumors member

One - have had an issue with the keypad showing up looking sort of like a badly done pencil drawing. Shutting and opening it again resolves it.

Aside from that, it's FAR better than in the past. My wife had the battery sapping thing, but steps taken in the past (disable auto updating, background app refresh, etc.) fixed it.

18. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Tim Cook's Apple? Really? Seems like whistful thinking. I mean, nothing about the iOS 8 rollout strikes me as any different than what happened under Jobs. Maybe you're too young to remember Scully or Amelio? Because there was a stark contrast in styles and practices when they ran Apple. Cook seems like a direct and logical extension of Jobs' philosophy. I'm very happy with how the company is being handled so far.

19. jonnyb098 macrumors 68020

jonnyb098

Health app is broken till they release a fix third party keyboards lag when popping up. And handoff is .....meh.

20. Planins macrumors member

Planins

Not even once has a keyboard lagged on my iPhone 5S and I have been using Fleksy and SwiftKey a lot... though I have to agree with you on the fact that the Health app seems rushed out but I think the issues will be soon resolved and everything will work as intended. I also don't think this couldn't have happened under Steve Jobs' lead, he, like all of us, was not perfect and made more than one mistake in his life.

21. Bahroo macrumors 68000

well the way I look at it, countless apps will have been updated to iOS 8/ recompiled for 6 and 6 plus aswell and optimized, iOS 8.0.1 is probably out by then too fixing quirks, I love my 6

22. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

Thirs party integration is broken with the health app, not the health app itself. I still use it for tracking steps and distance, so for me it's very useful already.

I've had ZERO lag with any third party keyboards. And handoff is great actually. If you can't see the benefits of iOS 8, that's fine, but don't try to tell me not to like it.

23. drew627 macrumors regular

Giving a final verdict on a product with countless new features that's less a week old is clearly a good way to solidify your argument.

24. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

I'm on the opposite side as well. iOS 8 has been relatively smooth sailing for me so far. Funny how people calling this the "worst" iOS release ever have forgotten about iOS 7.0 ("white screen of death" anyone?). Until 7.0.4, I had at least one app crash per day, with the "white screen of death" reset every few days. iOS 8.0 is far more stable than that.

Since updating, I've yet to have a single Safari crash or random system reset, and the only apps that have crashed so far are ones that already crashed a lot under iOS 7.1.2. No noticeable change in battery life. Some occasional lagging, but that's minor stuff that Apple always cleans up in subsequent revisions.

25. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

Why is it clear, is Tim Cook buggy, rushed out the door, mess??