Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
What is the OP on about?

Apps that aren't optimsed yet is the developers fault!

As for iOS 8, I love it and have had no issues.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Don't we already have an "iOS 8 is a disaster" thread? What's the point of more threads rehashing the same things again and again, especially when the other one is still current and active?

threelions

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2013
Why do you even excuse this?

It is just bad testing, and bad engineering. If the MacRumors Forum can find all the bugs in a couple of days, so should a multi billion dollar company be able.

They have huge management issues since Jobs' death.

Because it's Apple and for some reason people treat them like a religion rather than the multinational corporation that they are. The people who excuse all the mistakes would go mad if they got the same standards from any other company.

I like Apple products but man the cultists are just crazy.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
Lol right? No I switched over to Apple back in March. Overall it's been a much better experience. Issues like what happened today happen to all companies. No use in freaking out.

I also wonder how the "someone should be fired" crew would feel if they lost their ability to earn a paycheck because of one mistake.

You. I like you.

People so desperately want to believe that Apple is somehow exempt from the issues that all other technology companies face, and it's just not true. Anyone that bought an Apple device under the pretenses that Apple was perfect is wrong. This is an issue with a somewhat inconvenient fix now, and a true fix likely coming very soon. Not the end of the world.

And you make a great point when it comes to people throwing around the "someone should be fired" line. Maybe someone really needs to be fired, but that's not for us to know- Apple just needs to fix the issue and take steps to prevent this kind of thing from ever happening again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.