It's just a watch!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bruceabbott, Apr 21, 2015.

1. bruceabbott macrumors member

Patiently waiting for my 42mm SG Sport that I ordered at 5 after the floodgates opened.

But for real folks, stop for a minute and remember....ITS JUST A FREAKIN' WATCH! There are starving children out there. Remember what you have and count your blessings. Think about the poor person who's fingers are bleeding assembling these watches at record pace for just a few dollars per day. Thank a vet.

Carry on your excitement. That's all!

2. Phil Holland macrumors regular

Wrong forum.

3. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

Seems like you are pretty excited there yourself cowboy :)

4. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

5. LiemTa macrumors regular

It's not just a watch just as your iPhone isn't just a phone.

6. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

7. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

8. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

9. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

I'm just being grateful for the little things that life gives us (such as Apple Watch).

10. AbsoluteMustard macrumors regular

I'll thank god for making me an atheist, and get excited about any watch news out there.

11. kovey macrumors 6502a

Was that supposed to be some kind of profound and enlightening rant? Show me the donations you've recently made to help to feed the hungry, or towards any philanthropic cause for that matter. I'd bet it's a big fat zero. Get lost with your holier than thou attitude.

12. anez macrumors 6502

anez

Intolerable as these kinds of posts are, perhaps there's something we could take from it? The whole "because of x, it's wrong to care about y" argument is ridiculous, but perhaps we could use our excitement in a productive way.

We could always do something like keeping freerice.com open in an adjacent tab, and you have to answer 5 questions before you can F5, maybe? If nothing else, it would slow the load on Apple's servers and make sure we don't accidentally DDOS them, anyway. :p

13. jediuia macrumors regular

:eek:

Attached Files:

14. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Why do threads like this make people so mad? Is it because it makes people look in the mirror, and see that maybe that watch, phone, tv, car, or computer is really not that important? I really don't care if people get super excited about technology, but threads like this make me stop and think for a minute. I have a lot more to be excited about then a watch, or a smartphone, and maybe I should be thinking about that $600 I just spend on my smartphone. Maybe that $600 could have done a lot more than buy a smartphone.

I am not saying I am holier than thou, nor do I think the OP was. Just nice to get a reality check every now and again. I think it bothers people so much because it actually makes them think about what they are spending money on. It made me think, and it is something I have been thinking about a lot lately. Maybe all this tech stuff is not nearly as important as I make it.

15. riotrhythm macrumors regular

riotrhythm

this reminds me of that scene from white chicks

[​IMG]

16. Phil Holland macrumors regular

Wrong forum

17. MNkid macrumors member

Children can't eat watches

18. TimUSCA macrumors 6502a

TimUSCA

I really hate this argument… like just because there are starving kids in the world, it means I should be okay with a cockroach in my salad.

It's all relative. We're all just excited to experience something new, so stop looking into it any further than that.

19. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

How is this the wrong forum? Just because this all about tech stuff does not mean there can be some actual talk about things that matter. We are still talking about the Apple watch, but the fact that maybe its not as important as we think. Maybe your in the wrong forum.

20. Phil Holland macrumors regular

Nobody came here to be preached to about life priorities. It's a tech forum.

Wrong forum.

21. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

I don't think that is what the OP was saying. We can be excited about the Apple Watch, but let's put in perspective. That's all.

22. Phil Holland macrumors regular

It might be better if we respected each other's right to have their own perspective.

Cancel your order if you're so enlightened.

23. bmac4, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015

bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Who is being preached to? Why did you bother to read the post? You knew what it would be when you read the title. Why waste your time if you feel these post don't belong here. I hate post like yours more than any of the useless topics on this forum. If you thought this was a post that did not belong. Just stay away. It would get sent to the bottom of the AW section where no one would read it.

----------

I am not ordering an AW. Thanks though.

24. 16Paws macrumors 6502a

Buzzkill.

First of all what is the problem with obsessing over things that make you happy? Who are you to tell everyone here that they shouldn't do that? What is the point of any of this if we can't enjoy ourselves?

Preach all you want about first world problems etc... but the fact is I work hard. I work a lot and I enjoy the things I want to enjoy. Go sulk somewhere else.

25. Phil Holland macrumors regular

I read it because I chose to. Your opinion of my post is yours to have. That's great.

I also will like and dislike posts based on my perspective.