MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

183226-3891346778_07029e8d35_300.jpg

Photo taken by Brad Immanuel

iPhone Savior points to this photo of the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts that Apple has decorated in anticipation of the "It's Only Rock and Roll" media event.

The lead up to the event has generated some speculation about what Apple might be announcing. Apple is, of course, expected to update the majority of their iPod line as they have done for the past several years during their September media events.

The addition of a camera is the main feature rumored to be added to both the iPod nano and iPod touch. Appleinsider, however, has posted a vague suggestion that the new iPods may arrive late due to last minute technical issues. HardMac has a similar report with more details saying that the early iPods have been found to have a production defect:
According to one of our reliable source (however, it remains a rumor), Apple is facing problems with the production of the new iPod Touch. The issue would be linked to the new camera module. We did not get any further details, but the problem has been spotted in the first dozen of thousands units produced. Those units have been put aside.
Given the scheduled media event, it seems that this might just delay production rather than the product's introduction on Wednesday.

Article Link: 'It's Only Rock And Roll' Banner and Last Minute iPod Production Problems?

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Comment

LAS.mac

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
Mexico
Probably it's just me, but it's not very appealing an event just for some ipod's.
I think something it's hidden underneath :apple: magic hat...

Comment

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Here's to hoping they redesign the VoiceOver-enabled iPod shuffle complete with playback buttons.

I also hope they add voice commands for audiobooks and podcasts to the iPhone.

Comment

Thex1138

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Medic!!

Technical issues with the product itself delaying introduction??
Hmm they've been manufacturing these things for a bit longer than a week I suspect, it's more a case of quantities or supply line delays rather than the product itself.
You think that before distribution they'll crack each box open and get out a screwdriver??? or plug every one of them into a cradle and re-image them, box and send them on their way??
They make millions of these things each week, up to 3 months prior to introduction...
The only delay would have been earlier on in manufacture, for example a late start in the factory due to manufacture procedure delays.

Comment

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
My biggest wish is for a new version og iTunes that fixes the syncing issues with the 2G shuffle!

Comment

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
Although I am bummed the iPods may not be available the day of the Keynote, better to find these problems now than later.

Comment

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
No. It's only rock and roll.

+1, but doubtful.

The current Shuffle is so superfluously small, it could get lost in my belly button.

I'd like to see said belly button then, that'd be amazing. :D

That said, if a camera is causing problems then I have to question how they're finding out the night before their own event. :rolleyes:

Comment

miketcool

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
California
I won't lie, I would enjoy it if Apple respected us consumers and allowed third party music player support through iTunes. Let the hating begin, but I would love to take my music with me ANYWHERE on ANYTHING. Amazon has been picking up my business as of late...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.