Its somethings about wallpaper...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by piuloc, May 4, 2013.

1. piuloc macrumors newbie

Hello alls, just come with a question in setting up your favorite wallpaper. As y'all know that we can find the [desktop picture] folder in {library/} right ? But is it such a complex action while we collect many nice pictures and have to go there time by time to copy to that folder ?

So, I go to system preference, and on the right side of desktop tab, add my own favorite picture folder by the [+] button just a lil' bit below. Then I put that folder on desktop so every time I see a nice picture, just copy it to that folder right there and have an auto-updated for the wallpaper !

However, the problem is every time I shutdown my Mac, then when I turn it on again, every pages and wallpaper turns back to default folder [desktop picture] from apple (you can see in "desktop & screen saver preference").

So, I'd ask if anyone has an idea to stop it from resetting to default ? :apple:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Delete the following file, then restart your Mac:
    /Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop.plist​

Your Library folders are hidden by default in Lion and ML. To get to your /Library or /Users/yourusername/Library (also known as the ~/Library) folders in Lion and ML:
    • Launch Finder and click Go > Go to Folder and type: /Library or ~/Library
    • Hold the Option key while clicking the Go menu item, which reveals your ~/Library folder in the menu.
    This solution has been posted in several existing threads on this topic, found by searching the forum, including these: