iTunes 7.0.2 Released

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 15, 2000
Just saw this in my software update.

iTunes 7.0.2 adds support for the Second Generation iPod shuffle and addresses a variety of stability and performance issues found in iTunes 7 and 7.0.1.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Installed it, now it says 'updating iTunes library', never happened before, odd...do you think it could be a response to that 'fair game', which strips DRM?

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Installed it, now it says 'updating iTunes library', never happened before, odd...do you think it could be a response to that 'fair game', which strips DRM?
DVDJon's thing doesn't strip the DRM, just replicates it, but I think you're right. It looks like Apple are modifying their DRM, and backdating the modification onto files we've already bought.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
FairGame doesn't strip anything...all it does is use the hole in iMovie to re-encode the songs. I'd imagine that's a fix that would be most easily made in iMovie.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Fair Game is just an AppleScript to encode and rip your songs.

DVDJon's thing doesn't strip the DRM, just replicates it, but I think you're right. It looks like Apple are modifying their DRM, and backdating the modification onto files we've already bought.
That's the first thing that came to mind.

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
That was a quick move from Apple in that case. I wouldn't want to invest too much in Jon's company.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Im not talking about DVDJon, im talking about FairGame : look

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 15, 2000
Now I'm unable to buy anything or sign in to the iTunes Store after signing out. I keep getting this error:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Now I'm unable to buy anything or sign in to the iTunes Store after signing out. I keep getting this error:
I didn't have any problems signing in. Stupid question, but are you sure you're using the right password or accidentally have your caps lock on (I know it warns you of that, but you never know)?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 15, 2000
Are you sure you dont have Caps Lock on or something....remove that key!
No. The weird thing is, I was already signed in to the store, and went to purchase an album, and this came up. So I signed out, and whenever I go to sign in, it's the first thing that shows up - not even the actual login window. Very odd.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
In retrospect, someone should have spotted that this was coming. Apple's press release yesterday about the new shuffles shipping stated that it required iTunes 7.0.2...I don't think anyone mentioned spotting that.

CEAbiscuit

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
The Kitchen
Good news. Hopefully, it will keep it more stable over long perods of time. 7.01 seemed to "crap out" after a few hours. I do like the GUI, though, unlike many others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.