Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apollo8fan

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2004
After install on my Powerbook G4 on OS X 10.4, the iTunes Store defaulted to Japanese. Weird. No other issues noted, tho.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
After install on my Powerbook G4 on OS X 10.4, the iTunes Store defaulted to Japanese. Weird. No other issues noted, tho.
Many people have been reporting similar issues, including those who haven't updated yet. Apparently, Apple's been tweaking something with the iTunes Store.

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants

Ha, iTunes threw me to the Japanese store too (kinda), because the front page and everything else looked like normal, but then I tried to do a preview of a video and it said "This item is not availiable in the Japanese store". So even though the country selector was on US, I clicked US again and it worked.

elguido

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2006
Cover Flow

I have NOT experienced a significant improvement, or much of an improvement at all. I agree with previous posters that claimed a need for some sort of cache. If I try to scroll quickly, or change directions, i even get the color wheel! It's still so slow that it's almost not worth using cover flow at all. If you have 5 albums total, then maybe, but not when you have the kind of collection I have. Maybe next update... ( This is on a macbook pro 2.16ghz with 2 gb of RAM, no other programs running. )

mooncaine

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2004
I don't see how they could prevent you from doing that. Once its in the Redbook CD format there is no drm. How would iTunes know what you are importing? It would just think its a cd you bought.

One day, when they feel secure enough in their control over our access to music, Apple will take away the features that let us export to WAV or AIFF, or burn protected songs to a CD. They might wait until the music industry settles on a new and different format for CDs [or a totally new hard medium of some kind]... or maybe CD sales will drop to the point that RIAA members stop making them and begin offering only DRM-locked downloadable music.

Anyway, my point is that one day, Apple *will* screw us on this point.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
iNow it seems I can sync my playlists but only the playlists that go up to the letter M. I don't even get to see any playlists further down the list.
Very weird and frustrating....

How many playlists do you have?! Perhaps that's part of the problem.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
I've finally downloaded the update and iTunes playback feels much more 'responsive.' Plus Coverflow is much 'smoother,' I still don't use it though!

RockTheGlobe

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2002
Denver, CO
Not quite sure what the hell's going on with my iPod & iTunes, but I'm not pleased...

Started noticing a little while ago that my rip speeds were way down (around 5x as opposed to the normal 10+x), but the major problem is that my iPod takes FOREVER to sync now. Started off with iTunes 7.0.1 and I thought upgrading to 7.0.2 would fix the problem, but it just made it worse.

Tonight, when I tried to sync up, it took over three minutes from the time when I plugged the iPod into my Powerbook to start actually uploading tracks to the iPod. When it finally did, the uploads were slooooooow... usually, they move pretty fast, but some songs were taking over a minute to upload!

Anyone else having these kinds of problems?

I have a Powerbook 15", 1.67GHz, OS 10.4.8.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
I had the problem with being placed in the Japanese store, but found my way back to the good ol' U.S. of A.

Cover Flow view had to reload all of the covers, but once it was done I could fly back and forth without any problem. This is on a 1.25Ghz G4 Mini (1GB RAM), btw. So far, I'm happy with this update. I bought 2 albums, transferred them to an iPod Shuffle 1G, and everything "just worked".

mikeinternet

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2006
Oaklnad, CA
Yeah...imagine if they had gone back to purplish-pink?

Call me crazy, but I actually like the blue.

you don't think that there is too much blue in the dock? (finder, safari, ichat, mail) just all the plain-o stuff that the average joe would have. it's all blue.

Sofad

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2006
iTunes 7.0.2 Bug

Hi,

has anyone seen this behaviour of iTunes 7.0.2?

(iMac Intel CD)

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 120

hjmschartered

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2006
Ottawa ON Canada
Want to Uninstall iTunes 7.0.2 with 6.0.5 on Mac OS X

Have original shuffle, songs encoded with 7.0.2 won't load, but will load on second generation. On one machine, I want to put 7.0.2 out to pasture, replace with 6.0.5, but can't figure out which files to remove ... right now have message on 6.0.5 install screen that says Skip for three files. Can someone please tell me which files to get rid of and where they are??

Thanks in advance

Quboid

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2006
everywhere
I dont like itunes very much. ITs simple and seamless, but itunes is not intelegent enough. And it obviouisly has buggs(something macs ar not famouse for).

wheat

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2007
Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I'm confused about how to manage my iPod with the new iTunes.

My problem is that I have about 60 playlists in my iTunes and I only want to add about 5 of them to the iPod. Now, when I select only the playlists that I want to transfer, the music on those playlists is the only one that gets transfered to my iPod, and that would be about 1% or less of my library. If I select to add all the music and playlists, all the playlists get transferred.

The last option I tried was to manage it manually, and it worked fine for the playlists, except now all the unchecked items got transferred too, and it really is a pain to start deleting them one at a time each when you are uploading 40 gigs of music and want to leave out (or unchecked) about 2 gigs of those 40.

So, does anyone have a more practical way of doing this?

Thanks a lot.

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
Instead of posting your problem in an old thread, you would be helped much faster and better if you started your own thread about it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.