Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

altaprod

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2006
California
Great and now I want more

Coverflow looks beautiful and actually responds MUCH smoother than before on my iBook.

Now what I want (within iTunes) is a way to archive my off-line videos and DVD's that I have. It would be so beautiful to search through my DVD collection with Coverflow. Now I use Delicious Library but it DOESN'T have Coverflow.

I wonder if there's a way to trick iTunes into believing there's a video file but it really just contains the DVD's artwork and movie details, i.e. director, actors, running time, etc.?

Thanks Apple for making me want more.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Misunderstood

That will change which columns appear in list view, but I think the new sorting options are available here...

sorting.png

Yes, thanks Weldon - these new options almost seem like a MetaData implementation for more efficient sorting :p

kerio

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2007
It seems confirmed that AppleTV will support Gaming
Code:
"4309.161" = "Are you sure you want to sync games? All existing games on the Apple TV “^1” will be replaced with games from this iTunes library.";
"4309.162" = "Are you sure you do not want to sync games? All existing games on the Apple TV “^1” will be removed.";
"4309.163" = "Syncing games on “^1”…";
"4309.164" = "Some of the games in your iTunes library were not copied to the Apple TV “^1” because they cannot be played on this Apple TV.";
"4309.165" = "Some of the games in your iTunes library, including the game “^0”, were not copied to the Apple TV “^1” because they cannot be played on this Apple TV.";
"4309.166" = "The game “^0” was not copied to the Apple TV “^1” because it cannot be played on this Apple TV.";
"4309.167" = "Some of the games in your iTunes library were not copied to the Apple TV “^1” because you are not authorized to play them on this computer.";
"4309.168" = "Some of the games in your iTunes library, including the game “^0”, were not copied to the Apple TV “^1” because you are not authorized to play them on this computer.";
"4309.169" = "The game “^0” was not copied to the Apple TV “^1” because you are not authorized to play it on this computer.";
"4309.170" = "iTunes could not sync the game “^1” to the Apple TV “^2” because there is not enough free space on the Apple TV.";
"4309.171" = "iTunes could not sync the game “^1” to the Apple TV “^2” because the game is corrupt and could not be read.";
"4309.172" = "iTunes could not sync the game “^1” to the Apple TV “^2” because the game could not be found.";
"4309.173" = "iTunes could not sync the game “^1” to the Apple TV “^2” because an error occurred (^3).";
"4309.174" = "iTunes could not sync the game “^1” to the Apple TV “^2” because an error occurred. ";

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Installed & Fine Here

Just DL'd & installed both iTunes & QT.
All seems well here - especially full creen cover flow. Wow. Me likey!
Makes me wonder about Core Animation and how slick things could get in a Leopard UI - tho none are reportedly seeing hints of anything remotely slick.

Still...

brianus

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2005
This update screwed up Party Shuffle. Before, if you set it to "Display 0 upcoming songs", it would stop playing at the end of the list. Now it when it reaches the end, it randomly chooses one extra song and keeps playing indefinitely. That's not what I want. Now I have to use a regular playlist, which would be fine except there is dedicated "Play Next in [playlist X]" option; that only exists for Party Shuffle. Jeez, do I have to go back to Winamp to get sane playback options now!?

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Games

It seems confirmed that AppleTV will support Gaming
Code:
"4309.161" = "Are you sure you want to sync games? All existing games on the Apple TV “^1” will be replaced with games from this iTunes library.";
"4309.162" = "Are you sure you do not want to sync games? All existing games on the Apple TV “^1” will be removed.";
"4309.163" = "Syncing games on “^1”…";
"4309.164" = "Some of the games in your iTunes library were not copied to the Apple TV “^1” because they cannot be played on this Apple TV.";
"4309.165" = "Some of the games in your iTunes library, including the game “^0”, were not copied to the Apple TV “^1” because they cannot be played on this Apple TV.";
"4309.166" = "The game “^0” was not copied to the Apple TV “^1” because it cannot be played on this Apple TV.";
"4309.167" = "Some of the games in your iTunes library were not copied to the Apple TV “^1” because you are not authorized to play them on this computer.";
"4309.168" = "Some of the games in your iTunes library, including the game “^0”, were not copied to the Apple TV “^1” because you are not authorized to play them on this computer.";
"4309.169" = "The game “^0” was not copied to the Apple TV “^1” because you are not authorized to play it on this computer.";
"4309.170" = "iTunes could not sync the game “^1” to the Apple TV “^2” because there is not enough free space on the Apple TV.";
"4309.171" = "iTunes could not sync the game “^1” to the Apple TV “^2” because the game is corrupt and could not be read.";
"4309.172" = "iTunes could not sync the game “^1” to the Apple TV “^2” because the game could not be found.";
"4309.173" = "iTunes could not sync the game “^1” to the Apple TV “^2” because an error occurred (^3).";
"4309.174" = "iTunes could not sync the game “^1” to the Apple TV “^2” because an error occurred. ";

Now, THIS is huge!!! Bravo!

ryanide

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2002
There is also a Lyrics tab in the Get Info

Is this new? Where does it display the lyrics?

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
edit: Sorry about including the file in the post. Minor lapse of judgment.

No problem.

Thank you for the password, credit card, and account information for your iTunes store. I'll appreciate the free music, and think of you often :p

Just kidding, I have no idea what that file is either (haven't bothered to look yet).

But, definitely, don't ever post a file to the Internet if you don't know what it is. It could give someone more information than they have a right to. Credit Card numbers, and just about anything else.

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Lyrics Tab

Is this new? Where does it display the lyrics?

The Lyrics tab was also in previous versions. You do need to type, or cut & paste them in yourself though. Wouldn't it be great if the Lyrics were displayed Karaoke style while playing in Front Row?

BobbyDigital

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2006
I Need Mulitple Artist Tags!

I'm bummed... no multiple artist or genre tags :(

I need an easier way to sort all my jazz music, Apple!!! It gets really frustrating when you have so many duets and trios... For example, I have:

"Duke Ellington"
"Duke Ellington and Ella Fitzgerald"
"Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong"
"Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong"
"Ella Fitzgerald"
"Louis Armstrong"

Its so hard to remember which artist to look under... If Apple made it possible to have multiple artist tags, these songs could be found under any of the 3 artists names! It would make my library so much more organized.

I've submitted the idea to Apple, but who knows if they'll ever implement the feature.

:rolleyes:

butaro

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2006
Canada
I don't know about that, but the blurry CoverFlow scroll bar is still an issue...

As for as i know before i updated my scroll bar was clear. Now it is all blurry in normal mode but clear in full screen. I noticed it immediately and thought i was losing my eyesight....

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
After iTunes fails to find album art work (which happens) finding the images on google or elsewhere can be rather disappointing as far as quality is concerned.:(

ClaphamChris

macrumors regular
May 7, 2003
London, UK
Coverflow looks beautiful and actually responds MUCH smoother than before on my iBook.

Same here on my iMac (20" CD, 1.5GB RAM).

And, at this early stage, not eating anywhere near as much RAM. Run through all my albums in Coverflow - used to be a bit spiky and RAM usage would go to 750-800MB. Now smooth as butter and only(!) using 468MB. Still hefty, but an appreciated step in the right direction.

Chris

aafuss1

macrumors 68000
May 5, 2002
Gold Coast, Australia
I noticed the addition of Aussie TV ratings for TV shows-as low as P (pre-school)-examples that could be offered:Hi-5, and as high as AV15+.

Even though we only have music videos and Pixar shorts.

I'm having no problems using CoverFlow in full-screen mode on my PC at all.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Same here on my iMac (20" CD, 1.5GB RAM).

And, at this early stage, not eating anywhere near as much RAM. Run through all my albums in Coverflow - used to be a bit spiky and RAM usage would go to 750-800MB. Now smooth as butter and only(!) using 468MB. Still hefty, but an appreciated step in the right direction.

Chris

Still using about 800mb on my system.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.