Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Just a heads up. This just popped in in Software Update.

Rent and download your favorite movies with iTunes on your computer or directly to your living room on Apple TV. Enjoy rented movies in sizes up to 720p HD with surround sound on your Apple TV and sizes up to DVD-quality on your computer. Transfer your rented movies from iTunes to your iPod or iPhone and enjoy them on the go.

Also, purchase and download your favorite TV shows, music, and more directly on your Apple TV. Effortlessly transfer purchases made on Apple TV back to your computer with iTunes.

iTunes 7.6.2 provides bug fixes to improve stability and performance.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 380

J@ffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2002
Behind you!
It wants QuickTime 7.4.5 to play videos.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that QuickTime 7.4.5 is going to appear in Software Update any minute now! Ahem.

Retired
May 16, 2006
iTunes 7 is lasting a looong time.

Anyone thing v8 will be a BIG change? Cocoa maybe?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Quicktime security issues hmmm could it be related to the recent hack. Guess we probably never know.

Picture 4.png

Suppose I will have to go about deleting some stuff.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
It wants QuickTime 7.4.5 to play videos.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that QuickTime 7.4.5 is going to appear in Software Update any minute now! Ahem.

Your right, I guess i will give it a go and see.

Freis968

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2007
Ocoee, Florida
Ok, I am PISSED...why in the HELL can't I not modify the artwork for my own songs? I am a songwriter and I have custom made album artwork that I do or have done for me...

WHAT THE HELL? What a stupid move for an iTunes so called BS update!!!

ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

ibjoshua

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2002
New Zealand
more information required

Ok, I am PISSED...why in the HELL can't I not modify the artwork for my own songs? I am a songwriter and I have custom made album artwork that I do or have done for me...

WHAT THE HELL? What a stupid move for an iTunes so called BS update!!!

ARGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Please explain.

GregA

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2003
Sydney Australia

Yes I do.
And the changes will be especially noticeable for movies and TV.

Apple has to be looking at how to make iTunes the primary window into your Audio-Visual world. Perhaps they'll bloat iTunes to do everything - perhaps they'll extend it into a series of programs with interrelated functions.

LumbermanSVO

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Denton, TX
Hopefully this will keep iTunes from crashing while playing video's. For a couple months now I've had to watch video's in Quicktime if I wanted to see the whole thing and not reboot my MBP.

iTim314

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2005
U.S.

I would love for iTunes to get supercharged, or maybe even a complete over-haul. That application leaves the heaviest footprint on my CPU when it runs.

leftbanke7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
West Valley City, Utah
Hopefully they regroup the TV shows by TV show rather than by seasons of TV shows (or at least give it back as an option) and fix the fact that Quicktime will no longer play the video on any of my iSquint encodes.

That would make me a happy camper

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
how about an update allowing people to enjoy movie rentals in HDTV on their mac's or pc's as rentals, just like on the apple tv??

apparatchik

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
Can anyone check if you can now use frontrow to control airport express in leopard?? as it was always possible in tiger?

J

jmadlena

It had better be cocoa. I still can't believe that iTunes, Apple's flagship software product, is still based on legacy code. They have had more than 5 years to switch over to cocoa. I know, I know, writing a whole application from scratch isn't easy (or could they use some existing code), but they need to get on this.

If iTunes 8 isn't cocoa based, I will be very disappointed. I don't like carbon apps very much.

herocero

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2003
down on the upside
list of dvds that import into iTunes

Is there a list somewhere for DVD titles that import into iTunes? I remember during some Apple event that a Family Guy season was found to support video "ripping," any other titles that have added this functionality? Is it included in this update?

rpeters83

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
has anyone noticed their video stuttering a little with quicktime 7.4.5 when streaming over a network?

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
It had better be cocoa. I still can't believe that iTunes, Apple's flagship software product, is still based on legacy code. They have had more than 5 years to switch over to cocoa. I know, I know, writing a whole application from scratch isn't easy (or could they use some existing code), but they need to get on this.

If iTunes 8 isn't cocoa based, I will be very disappointed. I don't like carbon apps very much.

It has been rewritten. It's on the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.