Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
So who likes the new iTunes store redesign? I'm not sure if i'm really liking it, seems like a step backwards from the nice coverflow look. It's now much more like a website and to me the layout seems a little less clear.

Also why did they change the album view in iTunes itself? It was a nice black background with rounded album corners and now it's this harsh white background really burning in my eyes.

sl1200mk2

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2006
Well, I usually don't like too many GUI updates, but I really like this one. Both the new overall look and the changes to the store. For my tastes, they nailed it. Very clean, very easy to read. I don't think the white background is too harsh, but it would be nice if they allowed users to change or adjust the background.

swmbuk

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2009
What I don't understand is how they ship a product 2 weeks after SL, and decide to use a totally different theme? I don't really like the new iTunes at all, features are great but the overall look is quite tacky and totally out of place with the rest of Snow Leopard.

AnotherFanBoy

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2009
Agreed, my first thought on seeing the new iTunes was hating the white background on the apps view etc.

Really bad move in my opinion.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
I don't like the white background!

white background really sucks!!!!!!!!! :mad:

a option like iphoto for change???? with drop shadow or outline??? white or black!!!! white really are tooo bad apple!!!!!!!!! BUT MOVES LIKE SNIPPER! I have 400gb of music, when close and open the thing are slow, or for searchs between artist, but now are tooo fast! and I dont have Snow Leopard!

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    855.7 KB · Views: 367

EmeraldICE

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2009
I like the new store layout, and the overall feel of 9 feels snappier, but holy cow... that white background just ruins it.

Cousin Dirk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
London, UK
Hmm. Well, I don't like the fact that they've gotten rid of my ability to buy songs using a shopping basket, I don't like the fact that you can no longer adjust the column width when browsing songs to see the full title.

I do, however, like the shortcut bar at the top and the built-in wish-list.

NotFound

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2006
The green ball at the top no longer changes to the compact iTunes "remote" thing for me :( it just adjusts the size of my iTunes Window.... LAME.

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Oct 25, 2006
Not knocking it, but do a lot of people use the album view in iTunes? I don't think I've ever used anything other than list view.

swmbuk

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2009
Not knocking it, but do a lot of people use the album view in iTunes? I don't think I've ever used anything other than list view.

List only, used cover flow for a while then got bored of the novelty, the new artists columns quite cool, useful for quickly switching artists.

Thank you!

Good to know it wasn't removed, however option + green ball? Thumbs down... yeah i'm lazy, but its the little things.

They've reversed the functionality using the option key used to minimise.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I enjoy the store update as it does make it easier to navigate through the store and the Genius feature for apps is cool. I don't enjoy the change in theme again from Snow Leopard.

Just seen the play button, its shadowed and looks very cool.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
The gradient is just plain weird.

I can't decide whether it looks futuristic or extremely retro. For some reason it reminds me of a very old version of iTunes. Just seems tacky.

And now it completely clashes with the entire OS.

:confused:

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I thought I was tripping out when I couldn't get itunes to go into mini mode but overall I like the new look but the white background is too bright for my eyes...I don't mind the glass looking outer boarder and the itunes store looks good but that white background in my music/movie library is "meh"

Bless

devburke

Oct 16, 2008
the new artists columns quite cool, useful for quickly switching artists.

That’s not new, they’ve just moved it to the side instead of the top (although I’m glad they give you the option to move it back, as I prefer having artist and album, and that gets too crowded with it on the side)

I'm 5 ft 8

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2008
Edmonton,Alberta CANADA
I like the white background. This discussion board has a white background and it seems to work. Does anyone know how to get a newly created genius playlist into the genius mix area ?

Macjames

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
Yorkshire, England
Oh i hate it already, looks odd. Heres what i posted in the iTunes 9 released thread

Have to say i'm not a fan of the white look, a slider like in iPhoto would be grand because i would love to get back to the charcoal grey look when in the grid view. I love the new iTunes bar menu at the top of the store but my OCD was horrified to find they had left the little iTunes store side menu duplicating menu's. This is driving me nuts. To me it just looks wrong. Very wrong. Also have they lightened the grey at the top of the window (with the trafic lights ) not keen on that.

Did the UI designers fall asleep on this one and phoned it in?

It looks like somebody went to town with the ugly stick this revision!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.