iTunes Download SD

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by 960design, Apr 29, 2018.

1. 960design macrumors 68030

How does one download an SD movie using iTunes?

So I have a movie, I would like to download as SD, to save space on my little usb.
    I go into iTunes, click download and it begins downloading 3.55GB for an hour movie. I'm guessing that is not standard definition.
    I google some stuff. iTunes > Preferences > Downloads tab > Uncheck Download full-size HD and ensure to check Download high-quality SD videos. ( They were both checked, but okay ).
    Start download again, yep 3.55GB.
    Google some more: iTunes > File > Convert > Create iPod or iPhone Version. Except it is all greyed out.

Whoever wrote this code should have to purchase 100 movies. Then download each of them to a device other than the device doing the original download. That would be hell enough for anyone.

2. belvdr macrumors 603

I think 4GB for an hour long movie sounds about right for DVD quality.

3. 960design thread starter macrumors 68030

Hmm.... maybe I got all worked up over nothing and it was working right the whole time?

4. belvdr macrumors 603

A single layer DVD is 4.7GB and I believe that's what a typical movie uses. I could be wrong, but that's what I recall.