Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Klavertje

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
Yeah, I just went back to 3.1.3 because a lot of the apps in a jailbroken iOS4 GM 3GS weren't working.

So right now I have my 3GS in 3.1.3 with baseband 5.13.04 running a spirit jailbreak, and things are fine. As said earlier, to downgrade from iOS4 back to 3.1.3, you put your phone in DFU, then just do a restore. When it's done you'll get an error, and be stuck in recovery mode, but you can use a program to kick your phone out of recovery mode and you'll be fine.

I am looking for the program. Is it IRecovery?
I have the same baseband and also updated to IOS4 but want to go back to 3.1.3..

Thanks!!

dylanmoro

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
You can downgrade to 3.1.3 but you will still have the ios4 baseband. Like I said, jailbreak will work - just not unlocking.

what about if you have the new bootrom? can you still downgrade and jailbreak? or would it be better to wait for the 4.0 jailbreak to come out? and if a tethered jb is my only option, forget it.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
what about if you have the new bootrom? can you still downgrade and jailbreak? or would it be better to wait for the 4.0 jailbreak to come out? and if a tethered jb is my only option, forget it.

Only way to downgrade now is if you have your shsh files stored for 3.1.3.

With the new bootrom spirit is your only option for non-tethered JB and that won't work for 4.0.

dylanmoro

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Only way to downgrade now is if you have your shsh files stored for 3.1.3.

With the new bootrom spirit is your only option for non-tethered JB and that won't work for 4.0.

i would have had to store my shsh files before i upgraded to 4.0 right? Cause i didn't so if that's the case i should wait on the 4.0 jailbreak right?

cheekoo

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
hey all,

I did the same thing the opening post guy today :( :(

not i have a non-jailbroken 3gs running ios4.. I need my jailbroken apps back!

can someone pls help..

iphone details:
MC135LL

thanks a lot!

cheekoo

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
no SHSH was not saved.. :(
thanks for your post..
i am okay to wait.. but wait for what? I am newbie, your patience and help is appreciated

cheekoo

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
Ohh okay.. thanks again dude.

can i ask for another favor.. will you pls post a heads up in this thread when there is a JB available? I will also keep searching..

thanks

sanjuvarma

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2009
3GS on 4.01

I have a friend's iPhone 3GS 32GB with iOS 4.01 installed with baseband 5.13.04. How do I jailbreak and unlock? Are the tools out yet? Can someone please send me links, will be highly appreciated.

Cap41

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2008
Why don't you search? THere are a million threads here. And you want someone to send you a link
'

douflag

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
I have a friend's iPhone 3GS 32GB with iOS 4.01 installed with baseband 5.13.04. How do I jailbreak and unlock? Are the tools out yet? Can someone please send me links, will be highly appreciated.

Not possible yet, not out yet, no links for you.

You're welcome.

still in school

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2009

Did you even attempt to read this thread that you've responded in?

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Did you even attempt to read this thread that you've responded in?

Yeah I think he did, and I know I did.

Please understand that although many of us are technically inclined; LOTS of source information even from ultrasnow, redsnow, whatever is counter-conclusive or even contradictory on their OWN site.

I have the Mac App - redsn0w-mac_0.9.3; which supposedly supports:
iPhone 3GS
baseband 5.13.04
iOS 4.01

For those who want to beta test the version with the IPCC hack included, the 0.9.3 links are here: Mac and Windows. The IPCC hack is only useful on 3G and 3GS, and you'll need to install a mobileconfig or IPCC appropriate for your carrier to see if it works (see the question above on what the IPCC hack is).

ultrasn0w 0.93 released! Cydia repo is repo666.ultrasn0w.com. Works with basebands 04.26.08 thru 05.13.04
4:07 PM Jun 21st via web
source: http://twitter.com/iphone_dev

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

Please understand that although many of us are technically inclined; LOTS of source information even from ultrasnow, redsnow, whatever is counter-conclusive or even contradictory on their OWN site.

iPhone 3GS
baseband 5.13.04
iOS 4.01 WRONG-specifies 3.1.2 firmware or lower !

For those who want to beta test the version with the IPCC hack included, the 0.9.3 links are here: Mac and Windows. The IPCC hack is only useful on 3G and 3GS, and you'll need to install a mobileconfig or IPCC appropriate for your carrier to see if it works (see the question above on what the IPCC hack is).

Redsn0w 0.9.5 beta only supports 3G phones with new 4.x.x firmware

Nothing for 3GS already updated to 4.x.x firmware

douflag

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010

iPhone 3GS
baseband 5.13.04
iOS 4.01

No, there is no JB out yet for any 3GS unless you've saved your SHSHs for 3.1.2(3). The twitter you posted is not a good guide, although it is a good source for updates on JB/unlocks. This is what you're looking for: Dev-Team Blog. The latest redsn0w is 0.9.5 beta 5 for OSX or W7.

Also, understand that redsn0w is different from ultrasn0w. One is a JB, and the other is a carrier unlock. I think you confused the two when you were looking at the version numbers.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
if you have a 3GS 4.0 or 4.0.1 that has never been Jailbroken or had firmware SHSH saved in Cydia (FWY if you don't know what a SHSH just figured you never saved them) then you can't Unlock Right now!!!

Apple is no longer signing 4.0 or lower so again you are stuck!!!!! if you haven't saved your firmware via Tiny Umbrella or Cydia.

This is the price you pay for getting excited and upgrading, If you want a Jailbroken & Unlocked device learn to wait!

if you bought the device with 4.0 or 4.01 you just have to wait

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
No, there is no JB out yet for any 3GS unless you've saved your SHSHs for 3.1.2(3). The twitter you posted is not a good guide, although it is a good source for updates on JB/unlocks. This is what you're looking for: Dev-Team Blog. The latest redsn0w is 0.9.5 beta 5 for OSX or W7.

Also, understand that redsn0w is different from ultrasn0w. One is a JB, and the other is a carrier unlock. I think you confused the two when you were looking at the version numbers.

Well the grasshopper that thought it could hop safely has jumped right into the Frogs mouth; via sticky tongue.

Thanks guys.
So which one does the SIM card unlock?
I seriously wish Canadians where not so complacent as we are and that a class-action lawsuit, like what is ongoing with AT&T in the USA, to force non-carrier supported SIM Unlocks was initiated and resolved by granting providers to allow iPhones to be unlocked. Rogers does - but nobody is desperate or stupid enough to unlock for $200CAN, while Telus just simply doesn't.

PS: There MUST be a way to downgrade to some "Activated" 3.1.x firmware for iPhone 3GS??
Either way I think I just should stick to my wife's former Blackberry and upgrade to iPhone 4 end of this month. In all my years using cellphones, supporting them, looking for debranding, or SIM card unlocking have I ever been this frustrated or took so much time trying to find a solution. This is where Google searching is of NO help.

douflag

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Well the grasshopper that thought it could hop safely has jumped right into the Frogs mouth; via sticky tongue.

Thanks guys.
So which one does the SIM card unlock?
I seriously wish Canadians where not so complacent as we are and that a class-action lawsuit, like what is ongoing with AT&T in the USA, to force non-carrier supported SIM Unlocks was initiated and resolved by granting providers to allow iPhones to be unlocked. Rogers does - but nobody is desperate or stupid enough to unlock for $200CAN, while Telus just simply doesn't.

PS: There MUST be a way to downgrade to some "Activated" 3.1.x firmware for iPhone 3GS??
Either way I think I just should stick to my wife's former Blackberry and upgrade to iPhone 4 end of this month. In all my years using cellphones, supporting them, looking for debranding, or SIM card unlocking have I ever been this frustrated or took so much time trying to find a solution. This is where Google searching is of NO help.

I have no idea what that quote means, lol. Sim cards don't unlock anything. They're just specific to the carrier of the phone.

Unfortunately, without any SHSHs saved, you can't downgrade. I'm also stuck with a 3GS that I can't use for T-Mobile here in the US. It's a sad sight to see that it's been sitting there for the past month. When the Android app market gets better, I'll be likely to jump over. There's just less red tape to deal with.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have no idea what that quote means, lol. Sim cards don't unlock anything. They're just specific to the carrier of the phone.

Unfortunately, without any SHSHs saved, you can't downgrade. I'm also stuck with a 3GS that I can't use for T-Mobile here in the US. It's a sad sight to see that it's been sitting there for the past month. When the Android app market gets better, I'll be likely to jump over. There's just less red tape to deal with.

Correct SIM cards do not unlock anything; most phones get the unlock code prompt when incorrect SIM is placed within - really old standard & other methods are available.

I have no clue what SHSH's is or what it actually does; but it seems very significant. Looks like I just traded a perfectly 10/10 condition 9700 plus spare battery, charging pod, premium headphones, and SIM card unlocked (to take ANY UMTS providers SIM card and work on 3G - aside from AWS networks) + $50 for a piece of junk iPhone 16GB 3GS White which is dirty enough to classify for grey when I got it. I cleaned it, and would be nice if store can put on new housing but doubtful.

From now on I buy direct and unlocked from manufacturer! Period! I cannot believe I got so desparate to come back to iPhone and got owned. Just not my week I tell ya, seriously a shoddy week.

dunitnz

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Greetings from New Zealand!!

I was hoping someone may be kind enough to shed some light on my situation, I have been searching "Everywhere" for the last 3 hours and am still unable to find some specific's related to my goal and situation.

Firstly, I have just purchased a second hand iPhone 3GS running iOS4.0 and it seems to be activated but not unlocked so its basically an iPod Touch at present.

I am going crazy waiting for the new Jailbreak tool so I decided to investigate whether I could downgrade to an earlier Firmware.

I used TinyUmbrella and found that SHSH's exist for my phone on Sauriks server for firmware 3.1.3 so I have downloaded them to my PC.

Phone Details
Firmware: 4.0
Model: MC135LL
Baseband: 05.13.04
Bootloader: 6.4 (new iboot)

My issue and question relates to the Jailbreaking and Hacktivation of my phone. I believe my phone is locked to the AT&T network.

I believe downgrading to Firmware 3.1.3 shouldnt be a problem as I have the SHSH's for it, but in saying that, when I do get it back to 3.1.3, I'm wondering if I'm going to have any issues activating/hactivating my iPhone and then in turn, jailbreaking it so that I can then unlock it.

Is anyone able to shed some light on this? Would be mostly appreciated!!

My Q's/Notes
1. Since my iPhone at present is Activated, when I downgrade to 3.1.3, will it require me to re-activate through iTunes with a proper AT&T sim? Is there a way around it?
2. As I understand it, Spirit will be able to Jailbreak my Iphone when it is at 3.1.3 but only if it is already activated? Is this correct?

3. Once Jailbroken, there should be no problem running UltraSnow to unlock carrier?

Thank you very much for reading this post and I hope I get some replies!
This is my first time ever posting on a Forum, usually I just read others problems and find a solution!

Please be gentle!

Thanx again.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Greetings from New Zealand!!

I was hoping someone may be kind enough to shed some light on my situation, I have been searching "Everywhere" for the last 3 hours and am still unable to find some specific's related to my goal and situation.

Firstly, I have just purchased a second hand iPhone 3GS running iOS4.0 and it seems to be activated but not unlocked so its basically an iPod Touch at present.

I am going crazy waiting for the new Jailbreak tool so I decided to investigate whether I could downgrade to an earlier Firmware.

I used TinyUmbrella and found that SHSH's exist for my phone on Sauriks server for firmware 3.1.3 so I have downloaded them to my PC.

Phone Details
Firmware: 4.0
Model: MC135LL
Baseband: 05.13.04
Bootloader: 6.4 (new iboot)

My issue and question relates to the Jailbreaking and Hacktivation of my phone. I believe my phone is locked to the AT&T network.

I believe downgrading to Firmware 3.1.3 shouldnt be a problem as I have the SHSH's for it, but in saying that, when I do get it back to 3.1.3, I'm wondering if I'm going to have any issues activating/hactivating my iPhone and then in turn, jailbreaking it so that I can then unlock it.

Is anyone able to shed some light on this? Would be mostly appreciated!!

My Q's/Notes
1. Since my iPhone at present is Activated, when I downgrade to 3.1.3, will it require me to re-activate through iTunes with a proper AT&T sim? Is there a way around it?
2. As I understand it, Spirit will be able to Jailbreak my Iphone when it is at 3.1.3 but only if it is already activated? Is this correct?

3. Once Jailbroken, there should be no problem running UltraSnow to unlock carrier?

Thank you very much for reading this post and I hope I get some replies!
This is my first time ever posting on a Forum, usually I just read others problems and find a solution!

Please be gentle!

Thanx again.

First of all, why are you going crazy for a jailbreak. There are many of us waiting for the new jailbreak tools, you may be waiting also if you cannot restore.
In order to assure you can jailbreak a 3GS immediately, you must buy a 3GS which meets certain criteria. Buyer do research or buyer beware !
You cannot jailbreak on 4.0 firmware. You will have to Google Caching Apple's Signature Server and hope previous owner saved 3.1.2 hashes.

If you are old bootrom and can restore and jailbreak on 3.1.2 (big if) then you can use Pwnage Tool to make a custom restore IPSW which will properly jailbreak your phone on 4.0 firmware.

dunitnz

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
First of all, why are you going crazy for a jailbreak. There are many of us waiting for the new jailbreak tools, you may be waiting also if you cannot restore.
In order to assure you can jailbreak a 3GS immediately, you must buy a 3GS which meets certain criteria. Buyer do research or buyer beware !
You cannot jailbreak on 4.0 firmware. You will have to Google Caching Apple's Signature Server and hope previous owner saved 3.1.2 hashes.

If you are old bootrom and can restore and jailbreak on 3.1.2 (big if) then you can use Pwnage Tool to make a custom restore IPSW which will properly jailbreak your phone on 4.0 firmware.

Hi dhlizard,

Firstly, thank you for your reply its is most appreciated even though the information you have provided me with is information I already know.

I am aware that I cannot Jailbreak 4.0 firmware(Yet) otherwise my issues would not exist.

I think you may have missed in my post that I have the SHSH's for 3.1.3 FW for my phone on both Sauriks Server as well as locally on my PC.

Would be mostly appreciated if you could comment on my actual questions/issues that I have stated above. If not then thank you very much for your time.

Peace

kultschar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
Hi dhlizard,

Firstly, thank you for your reply its is most appreciated even though the information you have provided me with is information I already know.

I am aware that I cannot Jailbreak 4.0 firmware(Yet) otherwise my issues would not exist.

I think you may have missed in my post that I have the SHSH's for 3.1.3 FW for my phone on both Sauriks Server as well as locally on my PC.

Would be mostly appreciated if you could comment on my actual questions/issues that I have stated above. If not then thank you very much for your time.

Peace

If you have the blobs for 3.1.3. then you can downgrade back to 3.1.3, jailbreak and unlock, then wait for 4.0 tools from dev team

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.