jailbreak on the day iOS 4.3 comes out ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Darthdingo, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

I am an Android geek, looking to come over to the iPhone 4 possibly, would get the Verizon version, but would this mean that once 4.3 is out it can be jailkbreaked immediately ?
    http://www.todaysiphone.com/2011/01/new-ios-jailbreak-vulnerability-discovered/

I am holding off on getting the phone until I know for sure an untethered jailbreak is available. A stock iPhone 4 is not for an Android geek, jailbreaked is a must have from day one.

2. CZK macrumors 6502a

Nobody knows sir. And even if the dev-team said yes ( which is not the case anyways) you can't trust their word. Almost everything they said last months never happened.

Even with the 3g-3gs unlock and jailbreak, they said that they were waiting for 4.2 and they will release it the same day that it would came out. Not that they said that it was 100% ready around 2 months before the release of that firmware. When the day arrived, the release it a week later.

I know that 7 days is not huge but this is just to show that they just can't do what they say that they will do. Even if they said its 100% ready 2 months earlier they just can't.

I am not whining, i am reporting FACTS. Thanks

3. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

it's been 2+ months since 4.2.1 came out so don't hold your breath. i think they'd never had it going in the first place

4. simple20 macrumors regular

I totally agree. But everytime one of those dev guys says something, 15 threads show up on here; "GEOhot buys orange juice!" I don't have twitter, and I don't know the names of the devs or really if there's different teams or what.... but there is so much drama on both sides, its ridiculous.

5. CZK macrumors 6502a

People are asking information... i give them.

When people will stop asking questions i'll stop telling them these facts.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Interesting.
    Read your post again above, does that look like facts or just your own opinion and just crying about it?
    Its gets old after a while, Im just going to add you to the ignore list cause besides the bitching you're not bringing anything valuable to any topics of conversation.
    Have a good day.

7. CZK macrumors 6502a

Have a nice day too.

8. Darthdingo thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think I will hold off on buying the Verizon iPhone until the untethered jailbreak comes out for it. I hope based on this news it might come out rather quick. If its too far out I just wait for the EVO 2 flagship Android phone :)

To me there is no point in owning an iPhone that is not or can't be jailbreaked. Stock iPhone's are for grandmas.

9. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

From what we've seen there are a lot of exploits out there. After it comes out and they test it extensively, they will probably throw it to the public. The amount of time it takes for this to happen is very hard to predict though.

10. Lycanthroat macrumors regular

Regardless of whether the 4.3 JB comes out on release day or not, the fact they've discovered exploits is damn good news. I'm waiting for the white iPhone 4G to come out in the UK (most likely come with 4.3 as stock) and as long as we're all a little patient, it'll definitely come out. We're not looking at the unhackable 6.20 OFW for PSP here (*sigh*).

To be honest, the devs are doing a fantastic job and I think they're entitled to a little bit of drama - they're only young ;)

11. declandio macrumors 6502

I've had a 'stock' iPhone since I had to get a replacement that came with 4.2.1. The only thing I miss is not being able to perform the tethering hack. But I can live with that. The only other jailbreak app I'd be interested in is BiteSMS. I couldn't give a damn about themes, fonts and other Winterboard related nonsense.

Just because not everyone is a geek like you, doesn't mean they're 'grandmas'.

12. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

People get different things out of jailbreaking. I, personally, don't like to clog up my phone with every bell & whistle that comes out on jailbreak. I live for themes and lockscreens though. If Apple shows some balls and includes themes in their next iOS, I won't bother with a jailbreak at all.

13. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

How do i do that? I would love to add someone to the ignore list. Namely, CZK.

14. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

OP, you can read some more here.. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1085286

The information the Dev Team give is actually pretty accurate (even when some user here don;t think so because they are not able to actually read the whole thing) if you pay attention and actually read they entire post and all the warnings. As you can see on the thread i just linked you Currently there is a good chance that the JB will be ready at release date and a few days later if we are able to use Monte (Please pay attention to the word "if"). There is nothing for sure until the final software is release, many things can change from here to them. that include Apple changing or fixing stuff on the software or beta testing finding bad bugs on the jailbreaking tool that would stop them for releasing it.

That doesn't make them liars or bad developers for the contrary, I am glad they follow basic programming rules and hold releases when the severe bugs are found.

15. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

ftfy :D

16. elan123 macrumors 6502

Too simple to explain.

17. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Click on his name next post you see. View profile. In the main section is "Add to List" - choose ignore.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    Anyone that wants to avoid annoying posters should learn how to use the ignore feature. It's great.

19. aluren macrumors 65816

Perhaps if they get paid, we'll see some timely updates. So far, I thunk they're doing a huge service for us. I would love a 4.2.1 jb so that my iPad can finally be jb again. But it is what it is and we'll see an update soon.

20. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Dev-team won't release anything, but those recycle stuff, they don't have anything.

We should expect from Chronic dev team.

21. DarkCloud2015 macrumors member

DarkCloud2015

Facts to support these claims?

22. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Dev-team fails. "Soon" since november.

23. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

You're absolutely right!

24. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

25. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Yep. But nobody lives of past. We're in the present. We need something and dev-team can't feed us, let's be realistic.

Also, why are you always "in love" with dev-team? lol
    We shouldn't be hypocrites.