Jailbreak tweaks that are still missing in iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Am3r1ca16, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Am3r1ca16, Jul 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

I think iOS 7 has made great improvements by finally adding NCsetting like toggles into iOS for example. Which is one of the only reasons I would jailbreak lol. Anyways there are a few jailbreak tweaks I would love for Apple to implement into iOS

Multiconmover (move multiple icons at once to another page)
    Safari download manager
    Quick reply
    Percent %(shows how much of the app has been downloaded instead of saying now loading)
    Gridlock (ability to put icons anywhere in the 4X4 grid)
    Activator
    Lockdown (set a passcode on individual apps like mail/messages etc)
    Bigify shrink apps or enlarge them to your liking.
    5 Icon Dock
    Infinidock
    Folder Enhancer
    Delete All Simple and effect method to delete all email messages in one tap
    Giffy allows for .Gif animate on the Stock photo app!
    SwipeSelection
    LibWeather Live weather on the Weather icon and in the status bar if you wish to display it there too.

In Control center you should be able to choose what toggles you want in control center. Ex: A 3G/LTE toggle?

What jailbreak tweaks do you still think iOS needs?

Edit: I'll be trying to update the list as people suggest!

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Gridlock: gives you the ability to put icons anywhere in the 4X4 grid rather than forcing you to fill up each row at a time.

3. Am3r1ca16 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

Yes I agree too!

4. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

Activator: I had my volume buttons assigned to also control music playback; it was fantastic.

Press both to play/pause. Hold volume up or down to go to the next or previous track. No faffing about with the lock screen.

5. ajo macrumors 6502

Lockdown

The Ability to set a pass on things like mail/messages etc I think is a much missed feature.

Yes you can have a lock on your phone but when your phone is being looked at for photos or games etc it does come in handy.

----------

Yes! Love this feature too. Wonder why its not included... Comes in very handy in dark rooms when you don't want to look at a bright screen just to skip tracks. Just ease of use too, iPhone could be in a pouch or pocket. Just feeling for the buttons rather than taking it is good.

6. airbelchris macrumors regular

Tether me. i would give my life to be able to tether my iphone. even hacking it doesnt work... darend att

7. ericDylan macrumors regular

This isn't Apple's decision, it's AT&T's. If you are breaking your carrier's rules by tethering, it will always be a jailbreak hack. Anything data-related is up the the carrier, not Apple. Apple already allows tethering, but the decision for this feature to be implemented is left to the carrier.

8. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Gridlock and multi icon mover are 2 that I really enjoy and would love to see added to a future iOS.

9. Am3r1ca16 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

Yeah me too. Maybe iOS 8? Lol

10. binaryskies macrumors regular

binaryskies

Bigify - the ability to shrink, enlarge, twist or slant the icons

5 Icon Dock - the ability to have the best dock ever.

The ability to customize the Control Center would be nice but otherwise good job Apple. Now please lets add these tweaks!

11. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Bridge and Safari Download Manager, and maybe Yourtube. Never need to sync iTunes again.

12. Advil macrumors 6502a

If there was a quick reply option I wouldn't need to jailbreak any more

13. AFDoc macrumors 68030

I saw someone said 5 icon dock.... I will add 5 icon spring board.

Others is a true blacklist ability like iBlacklist. I'm rocking a non jailbroken i5 at this time r/t my power button and having to replace my phone and except for the tweaks I listed I'm not having that rough a go. I hate how they force icons up and to the left, it makes no sense to me.

So I guess my list is: Multi Icon mover, iBlacklist, 5 icon dock/sb,.... what's the one that lets you get into your phones root stuff.... can't remember but that one.

I'm sure there's one I'm missing but I'm not dying like I used to w/o JB. Digging on iOS 7 for the most part.

14. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Opener, and Nitrous.

Both for fairly obvious reasons.

15. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

From all tweaks above, I would probably jailbreak only for quick reply. And even that is not to far from being implemented by Apple I think.

16. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

TetherMe is absolutely needed.

17. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

It does show you the percent now, assuming you can read pie graphs.

18. r-m macrumors 6502a

My3G or 3G Unrestrictor

I pay for a mobile broadband connection on my iPad, which is the same as if I was to by a USB dongle or MyFi Wifi device. Yet, my iPad is still restricted over 3G.
    I no longer have YouTube installed on any of my iDevices - I'd rather watch them on the website and be able to switch on HQ.
    I hate the filesize restriction on my iPad - it's my data, let me use it :-(
    Same on my mobile, I pay for a service with Unlimited data, so watching my usage isn't a big concern.

Seems bizarre that I can use my iPad as a hotspot, connect my iPhone to it, and then download 50mb+ apps and stream HQ on youtube etc, using the same connection that apple won't let me do on the iPad itself :mad:

19. Chazz08 macrumors 6502

Something like Infinidock would be nice, allowing you to put as many apps on the dock as you wanted and scroll through them. I loved having all of my main apps on the dock and being able to get to them quickly that way.

Also, Cascade would just be a cool addon to go with the Infinidock feature. Just makes it look cool when you swipe through the apps.

Quick Reply would be nice too. I particularly like how Messages+ did it. They did a good job.

The ability to Merge your conversations would be nice too. For example, my boss uses iMessage from his iPad and his iPhone, but they open up two messages in my app. It would be nice if those would be merged. The app "Merge" does this for JB phones.

Hands Free Control is a cool one too. It let's you activate Siri with just a word. You don't have to even touch your phone! So awesome. You just say Siri, or whatever word you choose, and she starts working.

Widgets would be cool too, and Dashboard X 2.0 does a good job of this. I really like how it worked with my JB phone.

That's all I have right now. That's a lot of tweaks. Haha. I only mentioned the one's I haven't seen mentioned. Some of these would be SO nice.

http://lifehacker.com/5761776/how-t...-and-homescreen-on-your-jailbroken-ios-device
    http://www.gizmag.com/best-cydia-apps/26065/

20. stoney05 macrumors regular

21. acctman macrumors 65816

acctman

The iPhone ear buds can already do this. No need to pull your phone out

22. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Live tiles/widgets with configurable RSS content would be great.

23. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

Okay. I already knew that, I didn't buy an iPhone, I want to use my own headphones, I don't want a hardware solution for a software issue, the controls on the iPhone headphones are known for being fragile, and I have a DIY Bluetooth setup in my car, which is a lot easier to use with the volume button controls that I described.

But if all of those things weren't true, your post might be helpful. Anyway, it's a feature I still want.

24. Ramsteiner macrumors member

Delete All - Simple and effect method to delete all email messages in one tap.

25. r-m, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013

r-m macrumors 6502a

How would you have it done by software?
    Isn't using Activator to re-assign the volume buttons just another hardware solution?

I've never actually used Activator like you have for music playback though, but it does sound like a good way to use it. I'd probably never remember which was next/previous long-press or short-press!