Jailbreak Worth It??

los318

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Austin, Tx
Depends. I find SBsettings valuable enough to only jailbreak for that reason! used to be wallpapers and multitasking but that reason has gone away for me. Although,the MyWi users will gladly say its worth it for that programe along also. like i said....depends....

Comment

RRmalvado

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
I do it for MyWi and SBSettings for now. Before iOS4, I used to do it primarily for Themes and Backgrounding.

Comment

Armeniandave

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2010
San Diego
Yes Yes Yes!!!
I use it for MyWi, sbs settings, My3G,
Info lock, and unlit tones.

MyWi and My3G alone make it worth it
but info lock gibes me the notifications like
android has. UnlimTones gives you unlimited
Ringtones so that's worth it too.

Overall the phone works the way it should when
it's jailbroken. Before it was great but now it's
Exactly how I want it.

Comment

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
I think so.

I mainly do it for SBSettings, Mywi, custom SMS tone, my3g.

I can't even tell you how many times I have swiped my finger across the top to try and change wifi or brightness.

Comment

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Hahahaha! I did the same when I went from a JB 3GS to the ip4. Funny how quickly we get used to that, isn't it?

I need to figure out whether to JB.

Does the web-based JB disable anything? I read earlier that people were having trouble with Facetime and MMS.

Still true?

Comment

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Hahahaha! I did the same when I went from a JB 3GS to the ip4. Funny how quickly we get used to that, isn't it?

I need to figure out whether to JB.

Does the web-based JB disable anything? I read earlier that people were having trouble with Facetime and MMS.

Still true?
Nope - they fixed that issue

Comment

D1G1T4L

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2007
Savannah, GA
Restoring after spending a day being jailbroken and decided it just wasn't worth it to me anymore.

Just don't want to play the cat/mouse game as I did with my 3Gs.

Comment

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Considering it's free, I'd say it's worth it.
Is herpes worth it. Most people can get that for free too ;)

Kidding. Mostly. Point is - it's up to the individual if it's WORTH it. Just because it's free doesn't mean it's worth it. There could be lots of hassles more annoying that PAYING because you jailbreak.

Again - it's personal preference

Comment

cherry su

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
It's really easy with the web interface and a simple restore to the Apple supplied firmware undos it.

Comment

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
+1. It used to be worth it....not anymore.
How can anyone say it's not worth it? It may not be worth it to you but it all depends on what jb apps you use. To me it's worth it just for irealsms for the quick reply function. There are many other reasons I jb but I would jb just for that reason alone. Plus this jb was so ridiculously easy that there was virtually no effort involved. I'm not into theming or anything like that but there are many great apps on the jailbreak side of things that Apple just refuses to add for some reason.

Comment

FrauHasSpoken

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
Real multitasking, Wi-Fi sync, Mywi, custom themes, SBSettings, Google Voice app, 3G Unrestrictor + tons more.

HTF not?

Comment