Jailbreakme + Bitesms = death

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by brinycbri, Jul 6, 2011.

1. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

So I used jailbreakme and installed bitesms. Doesn't work and put my phone in an endless boot mode.

no idea how to get out of it as I'm not near my macbook. ugh!

2. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

I recently figured this out, as well. The phone just keeps going to the Apple icon and restarting. I wonder if other apps are having these issues, too. I'll hold off on JB'ing my iPhone for now.

As far as I know, you're going to have to get access to your computer. Plug in the iPhone, enter DFU mode, and recover it. Hopefully you recently backed up your phone. This is the only thing that has worked for me.

Good luck.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I'm about to try it.

Were you previously jailbroken with something else and had BiteSMS already and then jailbroke again (for whatever reason) and started having problems?

4. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

I hope it works for you, but I've tried it two times already and had no luck. Let us know what happens.

For me, the JB went smoothly, as did the install of biteSMS. As soon as you try sending a text, the whole phone crashes.

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Oh okay, I figure the error was upon install. My SIM is currently in my iPhone 4 which was jailbroken with Redsn0w yesterday, and I really don't feel like going through the hassle of switching it out to my 3Gs that I jailbroke with jbme.com earlier today. Hopefully they get this figured out though.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Please make sure you let the devs at bite know this. The more info they have, the sooner a fix can be released.

7. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

so did DFU mode reinstall work for all of you to get the phone working again?

8. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

The phone works after DFU and then recovery. However, after two failed attempts at getting biteSMS and Jailbreakme to work, I am holding off and leaving the phone the way it is.

9. WhatAmI, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Confirmed :( installed BiteSMS 30 mins after I JBed my i4 on 4.3.3 and sending an SMS sent me in to an endless bootloop. TU and playing around w/ it did nothing so DFU and Restore was the only option. Posted in their forum - http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/1/topics/4118

10. Jae Hokes macrumors regular

I also used jailbreakme today and my restarted my phone and got stuck at bootlogo everytime had to restore it from itunes, i have verizon iphone 4 4.2.8 anyone know why this could be?

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

12. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

Had the same problem, I was able to boot in safe mode though and delete bitesms. It's a bummer because it's one of the few jailbreak apps I was missing since I got rid of the original jb, hmmmph

13. Sean006 macrumors 6502

yep...same here...my macbook is at home but i was able to use another here at work...log onto itunes with my acct and password...

but what a pain to get it out of the circle of reboot...it took about 10 times...

14. brayhite macrumors 6502a

for the record, bitesms has given me no problems. jb my iphone 4 for the first time today, so maybe a past installation of jb caused the issue? no idea to be honest though, i'm completely new at this and happily jailbroken :D

15. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

mine was working fine last night (I could send and receive texts) until the phone randomly crashed this morning.

16. jcollier macrumors newbie

i was using BiteSMS too with my jailbreakme iphone, and after i restored it...i cant get cellular activation! :(

HELP? this is kinda scary for me, i need this phone lol

17. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

You have no service after restoring your iPhone? How long has it been?

18. jcollier macrumors newbie

longer than 5 minutes or so...and longer than it usually takes. turned the phone on and off and it found bars...yet it doesnt say Verizon in that top corner.

19. jcollier macrumors newbie

False alarm, everything seems to be activated after a few more minutes.

20. bizzle macrumors 6502a

Running 4.3.3 on two iPhone 4's jailbroken with redsn0w and both run biteSMS just fine.

21. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

22. jcollier macrumors newbie

yeah, i think the problem lies with "jailbreakme.com" jailbroken iphones only

23. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

this is a problem with bitesms and jailbreakme.com's ios 4.3.3 jailbreak, not all 4.3.3 jailbreaking.

And I just installed bitesms again to see that is the problem, sure enough it is. This time after the respring it went immediately into endless boot mode, where as the first time it took several hours before it started doing that. Luckily, if you just wait it out for like 10-15 minutes it will eventually boot in safe mode and you can just delete the app and your phone is fine (if you don't want to enter dfu mode and restore)

24. brayhite macrumors 6502a

So since I used jailbreakme, is it just a matter of time before my phone crashes and biteSMS doesn't work anymore?

25. Darwing macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Lol u don't have to leave it as is u should just jailbreak it with pwnage tools.. Works fine with everything