Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stockcerts

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Yea I would as well :-( when I ordered I selected the option for Apple to Txt me when its shipped so hopefully that will help.

Have it delivered to your office and save the vacation day. Mine is coming to work, but since I work in the financial district of San Francisco and use public transportation to get to work...I'll be taking a cab home with my new iMac the day it's delivered.

Miikejs22

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
Liverpool
Have it delivered to your office and save the vacation day. Mine is coming to work, but since I work in the financial district of San Francisco and use public transportation to get to work...I'll be taking a cab home with my new iMac the day it's delivered.

I can't get it delivered to work, which is unfortunate. Hoping it is like some of the others I've seen where you can predict with some accuracy the delivery day.

cole01

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Hearing that people that have ordered their iMac's the same day that I have (1/4) have already received their machines while I'm still stuck in "processing" is slightly disheartening. I've been checking that order status like crazy!

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Hearing that people that have ordered their iMac's the same day that I have (1/4) have already received their machines while I'm still stuck in "processing" is slightly disheartening. I've been checking that order status like crazy!

where are you? did you place your order online though Apple?

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
I'm in Los Angeles, California. And yes, I placed it through the Apple online education store. It's a 27 incher top spec

I would be hopeful that it should ship this week. though for whatever reason, they appeared to have slowed down and there has been little in the way of orders changing status these last few days.

However i have a theory on that. :) I think that its the last week they could build and ship those orders that were placed in December before the delivery dates changed from "January" to a date.
there are still a lot of people waiting with promised delivery dates of just "january" so Apple will be attempting to get those orders out in time. last week that wasn't an issue, this week it is, they are running out of time.
I think thats why theres been no progression of later orders

and no I do not believe for one moment that Apple are shipping on a FCFS basis.
only why bother sending out a order mid Jan when you can send it out late Jan and not exceed the original "jan" delivery date.

If that made sense at all!

ArtieFufkin10

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2012
Are US orders in the back of the queue?

I ordered in the first week of January and am based in the US. Unless folks aren't updating the spreadsheet, it seems like only the European orders made in that time frame have changed status from "processing" and all the US ones are stuck there.

Just want my iMac man.

JohnBlanato

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
Jan 1 order

Ordered Jan 1

US Pennsylvania

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Jan 17 Credit Card had a Temp hold
Jan 20 Temp hold has disappeared

Still processing.

ArtieFufkin10

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2012
I'm in US PA too! No love

Ordered Jan 1

US Pennsylvania

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd (English)+UG
COUNTRY KIT

Jan 17 Credit Card had a Temp hold
Jan 20 Temp hold has disappeared

Still processing.

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
I ordered in the first week of January and am based in the US. Unless folks aren't updating the spreadsheet, it seems like only the European orders made in that time frame have changed status from "processing" and all the US ones are stuck there.

Just want my iMac man.

i want my mac too.
I think Ive watched every unboxing/review video on youtube now,

bplein

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2007
Austin, TX USA
I just ordered a 27" today:

• 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
  • 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x4GB
  • 1TB Fusion Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5

5 weeks delivery!!! To be delivered by Feb 27th.

If I run into one available at the local Apple Store (30 minutes away) I'll buy it there and cancel this order.

large farva

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Any updates anyone? Out of curiosity, does anyone know when "Preparing For Shipment" updates usually come, or when the customer is notified? I would assume that it's once they start on your build, which would probably be morning China time, so that would be..... What time in the states? Let's say EST? I know that on Apple's website, during the checkout process, when they gave you the option to be notified by text message, that the text messages are sent out at 8am. I forget whether that's PST or EST.

SmithCommaJohn

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
I've been watching this thread (and forum) for a while, and finally registered.

I ordered on January 5, and a few hours ago my order went from Processing to Preparing for Shipment.

I live in the SF Bay area, and got a 27" i5 3.2ghz, 8gb RAM, 1TB fusion drive, 680MX. This is my first Mac, and I'm pretty excited.

solarno

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
Placed my order on January 6 at 11pm PST. Still 'processing', but based on the spreadsheet linked too earlier in this thread, I have a feeling that the status may change by the end of the week. Not a great feeling, just a good feeling. :rolleyes:

Machine ordered:
27" 3.4 GHz i7
8GB RAM
1 TB Fusion drive
GTX 675
Trackpad
Wireless keyboard
Applecare

And now completes my first post. Hello everyone! :D

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Placed my order on January 6 at 11pm PST. Still 'processing', but based on the spreadsheet linked too earlier in this thread, I have a feeling that the status may change by the end of the week. Not a great feeling, just a good feeling. :rolleyes:

Machine ordered:
27" 3.4 GHz i7
8GB RAM
1 TB Fusion drive
GTX 675
Trackpad
Wireless keyboard
Applecare

And now completes my first post. Hello everyone! :D

Eh, hard to say. I've not seen a single iMac shipped to the USA for January for quite some times. Seems more focused on EU areas atm. It'd make sense if things started moving this week, but I'm expecting nothing to happen until next week. Basically when it moves out of the 'Processing' portion, the computer is received pretty quick (along with CC charged) and I doubt they'd start doing that until next week at the earliest for those of us who ordered beginning of January with expectant dates of Feb 1-11.

snwau

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2013
]Did they put a "Pending" on your account for the purchase amount immediately after placing your order? Or did they recently put a hold on the funds?

I was referring to the initial hold of funds placed immediately upon placing the order, which only had a validity period of a week. Once this expired, there has been no further attempts to re-hold funds. Which I'm guessing may happen just prior to going to 'preparing' or they'll just charge in full.

lalalara3

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2013
ordered jan 3, still processing

ordered imac 27 on jan 3, still processing. i'm in chicago

2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX660M 512M GDDR5
MAGIC TRACKPAD

MacFro

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2013
Ordered on January 8th through a local apple reseller in Norway. Order still processing.

The reseller have put delivery estimate at 4 to 6 weeks due to delays at the factory. Norwegian apple store has 3-4 weeks delivery, but i got a discount at the reseller so went with that.

Ordered
27" i7 3,4ghz
8gb ram (will order 32 gb upgrade later)
3tb Fusion Drive
680mx 2gb
Wireless keyboard
Magic trackpad

Was planning for a Mac Pro but got tierd of waiting. The iMac will regardless of the upcoming MP be a sweet upgrade from my 2007 Macbook Pro :)

Simonbgraphik

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2013
Ordered mine on the 4th Jan here in the UK from apple store. Its actually out for delivery today. So will have been 3 weeks to the date of order:)

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
Norway here also. Ordered through apple via phone, base 27" with 1TB Fusion Drive January 16th. Estimated delivery 14-25th February. Still processing.

Knuckleheadz

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2007
United Kingodm
UK.. Ordered from Apple Store

Stock 27" low end base build with no FusionDrive

Ordered 10th January on Finance
Delivery Estimate 3-4 weeks (7th-14th Feb)

Issue with Finance Forms so was not processed until 21st January
Delivery Estimate 3-4 weeks(21st Feb - 25th Feb) :mad:

Just got an e-mail this morning to say it has SHIPPED
Delivered on or before 30th January!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.