Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
People here love to hate Joni, because they are actually so fk-ing jealous of him.
He and Steve was so similar and yet each others totally opposite, that’s why they just clicked and understood each other as they did.
Fully understood why Joni left Apple. I never liked and would’ve been able to work with someone like Tim either if I were him, after been a mate with Steve so long.
He should’ve left earlier and not compromised himself though.

Wish him only the best, as he was and is the best of his kind.

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Intriguing, yet with most people already plugged into their smartphones and smartwatches, what could this hardware element be? A ring, a necklace or what? It would need to be even smaller and more portable than what we already have to be useful, IMO.

citysnaps

macrumors G5
Oct 10, 2011
Just came on here to support Sir Jonny Ive because I know how much hate (jealously) people have for him.

Which is unfortunately expected and truly sad as Ive deserves a TON of CREDIT for his role in Apple's massive success developing the many products Apple's roughly 1 Billion customers (many repeat) use day in and day out.

Without Ive Apple would have been just another beige pc company.

Some people just need to hate on others who are creative and successful in order to feel empowered and good about themselves.

steve09090

macrumors 68030
Aug 12, 2008
Ive was "simplicity, screw functionality". He should have been "a reasonable balance of function and simplicity".

The problem was that Ive was a bridge builder (mechanical designer) and did not apparently understand the limitations his designs were imposing on the product's functionality. Jobs was the only person that could force Ive to be reasonable. Then after Jobs left no one could counter Ive's power at Apple.
That is factually not true. The Kings Coronation design was done by IVE and it’s anything but simple. Like I said earlier. A lot of irrational hate on Ive.

AAPLGeek

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
Just came on here to support Sir Jonny Ive because I know how much hate (jealously) people have for him.

From the articles picture above: Concentrate Johnny, just concentrate! A deep focus is required!

People here love to hate Joni, because they are actually so fk-ing jealous of him.
He and Steve was so similar and yet each others totally opposite, that’s why they just clicked and understood each other as they did.
Fully understood why Joni left Apple. I never liked and would’ve been able to work with someone like Tim either if I were him, after been a mate with Steve so long.

I like Johnny Ive’s various designs for Apple products.

Always amusing that most people on this site still can't get his name right.

WarmWinterHat

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2015

I prefer the Cook era to the Ive era, and I've been with Apple since 2004. He was waaaay too obsessed with thinness and form over functionality, and without Steve to keep him ambition in check, the hardware really suffered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: arkitect and nt5672

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
That is factually not true. The Kings Coronation design was done by IVE and it’s anything but simple. Like I said earlier. A lot of irrational hate on Ive.
Nope different environment, different time. Never said he was ignorant or incapable of learning. I was describing the situation at Apple. He was not good for Apple after Jobs passed.

steve09090

macrumors 68030
Aug 12, 2008
Good job, Tim Cook! You fired the greatest UI designer in history, Scott Forstall, and couldn't retain one of the greatest industrial designers in history, Jony Ive.
When Ive left in 2019, Apples total value was $1.3 Trillion. In 4 years it has more than doubled to $2.7 Trillion. Tell us again how bad a job Cook has done with Apple?

And good riddance to Forstall. He buggered Maps up from the start, couldn't work alongside anyone and thought he was Steve Jobs Mark ii

karranz

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2016
Please Jony do something to scape the Apple ecosystem, I’m bored of incremental updates, features that only work on new models, boring designs and colors, etc.

ThomasJL

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2008
When Ive left in 2019, Apples total value was $1.3 Trillion. In 4 years it has more than doubled to $2.7 Trillion. Tell us again how bad a job Cook has done with Apple?

And good riddance to Forstall. He buggered Maps up from the start, couldn't work alongside anyone and thought he was Steve Jobs Mark ii
[sarcasm]
Oh, I see. If a company makes subpar products but makes an astronomic amount of money doing so, then that is better than making the highest-quality products while only making a fraction of the money. Got it.
[/sarcasm]

Zest28

Suspended
Jul 11, 2022

Tim Cook wouldn't have been able to do this if he was CEO of Samsung. Tim is simply lifting of the success put in place by Jobs and Ive, who created the "Apple cult".

Take a look at the latest iPhone 15 Pro Max. All Tim Cook did was steal 2 super old Android features, yet the iPhone 15 Pro Max is now almost pushed back to December. It's only because of that Apple logo.

Even the analysts are shocked the iPhone 15 Pro Max is selling this crazy, because they also saw that the upgrade was not very good + inflation + people's savings are being slashed in the current economic climate. That is the power of the Apple logo that Steve Jobs and Johny Ive created.

Last edited:

jamesnajera

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2003
I just don’t understand how an AI device would work without an internet connection, and if that is the case why wouldn’t it just be a feature on an iPhone or any smart phone?

Reactions: YJINYU
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.