Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marter

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2016
Sitting here on the sofa with my "FatBook" Pro 16" on my lap and simply love it! Don't think I'd like it more if it was thinner.

To be honest I would. It wouldn’t have passed Jobs standards either. It look’s dated and tired but it’s functional and designed by committee. Now Apple’s strengths are in its internal processors rather than it’s external design although all of the good stuff is still based on Jony’s Unibody industrial design.

Apple now are more like the mid 90’s Apple with too many SKUs only this time they have plenty of cash.

Reactions: atropos and uller6

Kissmo1980

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2021
What!???
What did I just see?

My eyes! My eyes!
friends-phoebe.gif

• Disagree
Reactions: shakerstevens

Motorola68000

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2022
Sorry Jony but you can't lay claim to the design. As kids decades ago we had Christmas paper honeycombed decorations that were exactly the same principle and we used to joke and put them on our noses.

At least you got rid of the notch....or did you?

archi penko

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
It looks uncomfortable. Pinching style? Have to adjust breathing to speak.

The other foam you could just place on your nose.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Sorry Jony but you can't lay claim to the design. As kids we had Christmas paper decorations that were exactly the same principle and we used to joke and put them on our noses.

At least you got rid of the notch
I don't think Ive is claiming he invented the folding paper technique mate and I haven't seen anything which suggests he has. This is a bit of fun for a good cause and a different spin on the 38 red noses that have been designed since 1985. I understand there is an element of dislike for Ive from Apple fanatics for some strange reason, but this is a British tradition that he knows well and I am glad he has taken part.

SoldOnApple

macrumors 65816
Jul 20, 2011
I wonder if Apple paid Ive anything to stop him from ever working for Samsung or Google. If I were Samsung CEO I would pay Ive a fortune to start designing flagship products.

Reactions: HelyCopter

Duncan-UK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2006
It should be added that there’s nothing funny about Comic Relief… Especially if it involves Lenny Henry and the usual suspects.

Doesn’t it alternate with the similarly gruesome “Sport relief” so there wouldn’t have been a CR last year?

• Disagree
Reactions: akb

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
This is one of those occasions where I wish MR didn’t have a ‘no one-word posts’ rule, because otherwise I could sum up what I wanted to say more concisely. Anyway, this nose is very nicely designed and I am going to buy a few. And if I could have left it at a simple one-word post:

iClowned!

Motorola68000

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2022
I don't think Ive is claiming he invented the folding paper technique mate and I haven't seen anything which suggests he has. This is a bit of fun for a good cause and a different spin on the 38 red noses that have been designed since 1985. I understand there is an element of dislike for Ive from Apple fanatics for some strange reason, but this is a British tradition that he knows well and I am glad he has taken part.
It was tongue in cheek obviously, as was my other post about whether it would pass the children's snotty cold test. Its great he has taken part as Red Nose Day does some great work. For my part I had to shave off my hair and sit in a bath of ice cold water, but it raised a few hundred pounds and even more laughs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.