Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
Well at least the people who count - that is the owners seem to like it
"
Wristly has published a new report on Apple Watch satisfaction roughly three months afterconducting its first survey. The survey, which had about 800 respondents back in July, has nearly doubled to roughly 1500 respondents participating. The results? 96 percent of respondents are satisfied with the Apple Watch, just down 1 percent from the first survey.

This very high satisfaction rating is unusual for most products, particularly first generation versions. The high satisfaction rating appears to be confirmed when we look at how quickly the Watch is becoming essential for the large majority of their owners, as measured by the amount of time they wear their Watches.

Wristly respondents also say that they wear their Watch 94 percent of the time. 79 percent of those respondents say that they wear it from the moment there wake up to the moment they go to sleep. Interestingly, 11 percent of respondents say they wear it to sleep, suggesting that sleep tracking is important to a small segment of wearers."

Reactions: KPOM

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
I'm sure if you survey vegetarians about their diets they too will give huge thumbs up.. #fanboys..

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Shall we ask the people who dont own one then ? I am sure this isnt the way most feedback is given.....
It depends on if you want to expand your customer base or just keep the ones that you have. From the high satisfaction ratings Im guessing that the general population is not buying the watch, it is people who go on websites like macrumors and know that the watch is what they want or will be happy with it because it is a shiny new apple product. If you want to expand the consumer base you need to figure out ways to make it appeal to the people who don't have one already.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Well at least the people who count - that is the owners seem to like it
"
Wristly has published a new report on Apple Watch satisfaction roughly three months afterconducting its first survey. The survey, which had about 800 respondents back in July, has nearly doubled to roughly 1500 respondents participating. The results? 96 percent of respondents are satisfied with the Apple Watch, just down 1 percent from the first survey.

This very high satisfaction rating is unusual for most products, particularly first generation versions. The high satisfaction rating appears to be confirmed when we look at how quickly the Watch is becoming essential for the large majority of their owners, as measured by the amount of time they wear their Watches.

Wristly respondents also say that they wear their Watch 94 percent of the time. 79 percent of those respondents say that they wear it from the moment there wake up to the moment they go to sleep. Interestingly, 11 percent of respondents say they wear it to sleep, suggesting that sleep tracking is important to a small segment of wearers."

Seems like very funny Math to me.

The respondents say they wear the watch 94 percent of the time but 79 percent wear it from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to sleep but 11 percent don't wear it to sleep.

You cannot wear it 94 percent of the time without wearing it to sleep.

The other two figures also contradict themselves.

Reactions: AFEPPL

Pistol Peto

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
West of Toronto
Let's see how the 'Worlds Greatest Hype and Spin Machine' did...

Apple announced its fiscal fourth quarter results and the company reported quarterly revenue of $51.5 billion and quarterly net profit of $11.1 billion.

The growth was fueled by record fourth quarter sales of iPhone, the expanded availability of Apple Watch, and all-time records for Mac sales and revenue from services.

“Fiscal 2015 was Apple’s most successful year ever, with revenue growing 28% to nearly $234 billion. This continued success is the result of our commitment to making the best, most innovative products on earth, and it’s a testament to the tremendous execution by our teams,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “We are heading into the holidays with our strongest product lineup yet, including iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, Apple Watch with an expanded lineup of cases and bands, the new iPad Pro and the all-new Apple TV which begins shipping this week.”

This together with the data from Swiss watch exports and... oh who am I kidding. APPLE IS DOOMED!! THE SWISS WATCH INDUSTRY IS SAFE... because someone just bought an Omega and iPhone sales are going to be weak and Jonny Ives doesn't know what he's talking about!!

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Just ordered another OMEGA, i don't think good classic watching building has anything to worry about when it comes to the feature lacking already obsolete AW.

They may not have anything to worry about from the Apple Watch. HOWEVER, they are in big danger because most young people are not wearing watches.

One of the biggest retailer of Swiss Watches in the greater Cleveland area closed. Mann Jewelery in Beachwood Mall. They sold Omega, Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breightling, Chopard, Bulgari, Cartier, Jaeger-LeCoultre, and others. They stock all but the waiting list models of each line. Now they are gone.

Those of you not from Cleveland, please don't say in is the bad economy. This shopping district is booming. Just two streets down you can't get a parking space at the plaza with the Apple Store, Trader Joes, Northface, Orvis, and other stores. Mann's would have moved there if they had a cliental.

Admit it, the watch industry is dying. Watches like AW is the only thing that MAY bring the young people back. (And I have my doubts.)

Reactions: firewood

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
BTW

I am 58 and I love my AW. I also own a Omega and Rolex that live on a watch winder 90% of the time,

AFEPPL

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2014
England
They may not have anything to worry about from the Apple Watch. HOWEVER, they are in big danger because most young people are not wearing watches.

One of the biggest retailer of Swiss Watches in the greater Cleveland area closed. Mann Jewelery in Beachwood Mall. They sold Omega, Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breightling, Chopard, Bulgari, Cartier, Jaeger-LeCoultre, and others. They stock all but the waiting list models of each line. Now they are gone.

Those of you not from Cleveland, please don't say in is the bad economy. This shopping district is booming. Just two streets down you can't get a parking space at the plaza with the Apple Store, Trader Joes, Northface, Orvis, and other stores. Mann's would have moved there if they had a cliental.

Admit it, the watch industry is dying. Watches like AW is the only thing that MAY bring the young people back. (And I have my doubts.)

Im more than happy to agree that and i think the middle ranges will be most hard hit.
I also dont wear a watch everyday, be it a classic or a smart watch.

I just can't get to grips with the AW, it's just not intuitive or an enjoyable experience - right now it's best contribution is to the local utility company as it sucks juice from the grid increasing their profits with every charge..

Last edited:

kis

Suspended
Aug 10, 2007
Switzerland
How can people still be discussing this? The Apple Watch doesn't sell. The only reason why Swiss Watch exports have been on the decline is that the Chinese economy is ailing and exports to China have collapsed.

Pistol Peto

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
West of Toronto
How can people be discussing this? There's 29 pages of discussion so far - it obviously resonates with readers here. The report I quoted says that Swiss watch declines are the most in regions where :apple: Watch is the strongest. That included the US to a large degree - and their economy has been in decent shape and growing for a while.

:apple: Watch not selling? Not from what I've seen in North America. It's becoming more and more common... and it's version 1. There's talk of intel working on a SOC that will be small enough to give it good mobile reception. Maybe version 3?

We all have our own opinions and I think its worth discussing.

Pistol Peto

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
West of Toronto
You realize you're wrong - right?

Units Shipped in thousands (using $ instead of CHF - they're almost the same)

----------- Oct. 14 - - - Oct. 15
(0-$200) - - - - 1,859 - - - 1,726
($200-500) - - 498 - - - 434
($500-$3,000) - 366 - - - 340
($3,000+) - - - - 166 - - - 140

Link

Here's what they thought was going to happen link

Lucy - you got some 'splainin' to do!

Pistol Peto

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
West of Toronto
Thanks. Interesting study. It appears to be pulling from data no later than June of this year (only 2 months after a severely constrained :apple: watch launch) and a survey that ended in July.

So - not as relevant to the recent huge drop in sales.

Pessimism at a 4 year high. Worry over Swiss Franc at 69% (although it was 70% three years ago). Inventory levels in Asia such a problem that a trade association asks the Swiss watch industry to lower their prices to start moving product.

What is most surprising are these two nuggets:
- People going to buy a smart watch in the next year - China - 61%. Italy - 48%. France - 35%.
- Swiss industry execs worried about the smart watch - 25%

This looks like an industry with it's head totally in the sand. Asia are going to gobble up smart watches faster than any region. The US is going to be Swiss watch's big growth market? That's not what's been happening since this study was done. I mean.. are they kidding?? I travel a lot in the US. People are either wearing an :apple: watch or getting an :apple: watch.

And then Page 19. 'According to the consumer survey, the proportion of people intending to buy a smartwatch is greater than the proportion intending to buy a classical wristwatch.' Yikes.

Pistol Peto

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
West of Toronto
November results for Swiss watch industry year over year...

- Revenue is down 3.8%
- Units are down 6.1%

Most of the bleeding from mid tier and high end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.