Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatherJack1980

Suspended
Dec 31, 2015
Jony Ive's Christmas tree: Christmas simplicity in it's truest form

7qt156-tree.jpg

I kid, I kid ............. here's the Christmas tree he's decorated for the hotel - simplicity AND thinness:

Charlie%2BBrown%2BChristmas%2BTree%2Bvia%2Bwww.tinavilla.com%2B026.jpg

;)

Reactions: pat500000

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
(People grabs Jon to the ally and gives him a nice Christmas "gift")

Jon: somebody...help me!!!!!
One of the Mac users: (duct tapes him)

In other note: that's cool. I gues he is in that Christmas mood.

iWilliam325

macrumors member
May 21, 2014
Foshan
So the Christmas tree will be as small, as thin, as light as possible, they'll need to provide a microscope for visitors to have a glimpse of the famous "Jony" Christmas tree

Sandybox

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2016
Does Ive actually do any work any more or, like the other Apple execs, is it all just self-congratulatory ego trip events and activities attended by other over-rich with nothing better to do?

meaning-matters

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Ive is one of the people at Apple who really holds Steve Jobs's vision of design and simplicity. He's one of the people who really needs to stay at Apple.

Yes and no. The way I see it: Ive came up with great design ideas which Jobs curated. Of course there was overlap between the two. Without Jobs we're left with a great designer with little direction. It's like letting a world class orchestra play without a director; it takes much longer to prepare a piece and something essential is missing.

Apple as a whole is lacking direction.

SkippyThorson

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2007
Utica, NY
"To... create... this Christmas tree, we fundementally... rethought the design of what a tree could be.

By consolidating the branches into an... atypical tree shape, we minimised surface area, without reducing its instrumentality. The branches... sympathetically dance in the anomalous "Magic Snowball" formation.

We also... re-examined its pallete, unanimously agreeing... on the striking, yet subtle... "Unapologetic Beige".

Put simply, it's the best Christmas tree we've ever made."

jony-ive-10-20-09.jpg

You don't understand what you've just done. You've masterfully just created one of the greatest post on all of macrumors.

au003

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
"To... create... this Christmas tree, we fundementally... rethought the design of what a tree could be.

By consolidating the branches into an... atypical tree shape, we minimised surface area, without reducing its instrumentality. The branches... sympathetically dance in the anomalous "Magic Snowball" formation.

We also... re-examined its pallete, unanimously agreeing... on the striking, yet subtle... "Unapologetic Beige".

Put simply, it's the best Christmas tree we've ever made."

jony-ive-10-20-09.jpg

This is gold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.