JoyFactory Smartsuit vs Marware Microshell Folio

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jbrady3324, Mar 12, 2012.

1. jbrady3324 macrumors regular

Trying to decide between these two cases. Besides material, they appear to be very similar. Any thoughts?

2. mikejfrd macrumors regular

Im trying to decide between the two as well. I had the marware for my ipad2 and loved it. Any thoughts? The smartsuit does look a tad bit slimmer.

3. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I got the folio today and sent it back today. WAAAAAY overpriced as it is identical to at least 4 or 5 models that sell for around $20 (but unfortunately have no "official" iPad 3 versions yet).

4. Trvlngnrs macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

I recently ordered the Smartsuit for my iPad 3. I read lots of reviews and everyone seemed to like the case.

I did a Google search on "Joy Factory Promo Code" and found a 15% off code that worked. Sealed the deal for me!

PS
    I also bought the 10 watt charger that plugs into an automotive cigarette lighter, that was 15% off too.

5. Darkodin14 macrumors member

I too an trying to decide finally between the slim case and smartsuit3.

I called jot factory today and they said that when you open the smartsuit, it will completely keep it held in back so that it does not flop around. They said it will be shipping in about a week an a half. I'm going to call back and ask about the weight but the weight of the smartsuit2 puts it at about 7-8 oz which is very light.

They also gave me a 15% off code ... m2pTLd9Z :D

So i think im going to order the smartsuit3.

6. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I am curious what color you both ordered?

7. Darkodin14 macrumors member

I ordered the back for my Black 32 gb wifi only. I figure it will give it a nice clean professional look. I do wish that the price was 10$ lower. Ill give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get shipping waived. These geniuses thought its a good idea to ship with ups/fedex . They charge 100$ + for overnight.. Why on earth did they not ship with usps. 2-3 days delivery, and they can drop it in my mail box so that i don't have to chase a ups/fedex truck.

8. mikejfrd macrumors regular

Well you guys just helped to make up my mind!! The 15% code worked and I just clicked submit on a black one. Thank you

9. Darkodin14 macrumors member

No problem! Just letting you know, they told me it will ship out in 1-2 weeks before the end of march.

10. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

While the reviews are good for the smartsuit3, I just don't like the build quality of the front cover from videos I have seen on youtube. It does look like it stays on very well.. seems floppy. I am leaning towards of the folio. I had the CEO Hybrid for my ipad 2 and loved it but I wan't something lighter this time around

11. Trvlngnrs macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

One update they did to the iPad 3 Smartsuit is a magnet that holds the case in the open position.

I ordered the black one....I almost went with the bronze but didn't.

12. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

What about closed position? It seems like it easily opens if you hold it upside down

13. Trvlngnrs macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

Can't help you there...I haven't received mine yet. In all the reviews I read about the case, I never heard anyone complain about it

14. mikejfrd macrumors regular

I had the marware on my iPad2 and loved it, but the magnets did not hold the cover on it if you held it upside down. It really wasnt an issue for me, still a great case.

15. ZipZap macrumors 601

16. rgr555 macrumors 6502

after seriously considering other cases i went with the marware ceo hybrid again. loved it for my ipad 2

17. Thomasss95 macrumors regular

Thomasss95

The SmartSuit3 gets my vote, pure on looks and reviews I saw on YouTube.
    I have a few questions about that case:
    1) Is the material on the case shiny?
    2) Is the magnet strong enough to keep it closed when you hold it upside down?
    3) Can I buy this case in Europe? (I am from the Netherlands)

Thomas

18. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I am really liking the JoyFactory SmartSuit, but I think I'm going to wait until some of the above posters receive their units. I want a real hands-on review as to the fit, function with the new iPad. So far, this is definitely one of my favorites.

19. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

I think I am going to wait as well and "rent" a smart cover from apple to hold me over

20. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I'm wondering if the material has a textured feeling to it.

Attached Files:

21. Darkodin14 macrumors member

So I called them up, they said they will ship by the end of march. so we have a while to wait. However, i did order one and I have a 15% off coupon to, Its a couple of posts up.

22. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

Do we know what the water-resistant sleeve is?

23. nconnella macrumors regular

It's exactly the same as the SmartSuit2 except for a new color and that it fits the 3. To me that made the reviews for the 2 good enough. Shouldn't expect anything different.

24. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

It also has the new feature to stay open

25. nconnella macrumors regular

So the same, but improved! :)