July 6 Apple's Meeting today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edtorious, Jul 6, 2008.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

I wonder how did it go? I don't think anybody that were in the meeting can give us some scoop?:D Any macrumor spies on there?:cool::D

2. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

The meeting day is tomorrow

this has already been posted

3. Pooshka macrumors 65816

where?

i also thought it was today

4. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

my local apple store also said there was a meeting today, July 6th, and they would find out more information regarding the 3G iPhone.

6. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

I just called my local Apple store 918-249-7800 (option 5)

and they said they would be opening at 8am

7. Blaunerts macrumors regular

Blaunerts

i AM PRAYING THAT THE STORES OPEN AT MIDNIGHT!!!! :D:D:D:D

8. admanimal macrumors 68040

It's not Apple's style to do a midnight launch. They get more press coverage and more normal, otherwise uninterested people walking/driving by and seeing the huge lines by doing the launch at a reasonable hour.

9. 3kids macrumors regular

Any know what time the 2.0 update becomes available? I am heading out of town that day and it would be nice to have before I leave.

10. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

thats why they did it on a friday evening last time. 8am wont bring in crowds like it did last time considering everyone will be on there way to work not on the way home or out for the evening.

11. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

it's kinda weird having a meeting on a Sunday though don't ya think?:confused:

12. chrisjonny macrumors member

chrisjonny

My dads takin me and he has to leave at around 8;30 for work so were gonna get there at around 5 and wait for the three hours buy ours get em activated and hopefully leave at 8;15 lol

13. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

im thinking(and a couple of other people on another thread are thinking) it may actually might be july 10th. because with the confirmed news of AT&T getting their demo iPhones on Tuesday, they (the phones) would have to have the GM version of 2.0.
    so maybe a possibility of thurs? I am not starting a rumor just using logic from other news.

14. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

so yours confirmed it's 8 a.m.? Last I talked to my local area they still can't confirm what time they'll open on July 11. Anybody else got confirmation from their local Apple stores today?

15. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

You have to remember that there are employees at these stores just coming in to work for the evening shifts and they haven't been given the heads up yet.

I'd say by tomorrow it would be confirmed at one time they're going to open since it'll spread like crazy.

16. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

iPhone OS 2.0 went Gold Master a while back now.

Make no mistake, iPhone OS 2.0 is ready for shipping, and has probably been installed on hundreds if not thousands of the devices by now.

Apple could of released it the day it went GM, but they didn't, why?
    because they are stalling for a July 11th release.

R-Fly

17. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

Not a problem at the Boston flagship store. there normal opening time is 8am regardless of the iphone launch monday- thru saturday.

18. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

The question is...... when will the 5th ave store start selling them?

19. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

i hope activation is that quick but knowing att staff they will want to do the whole process themselves and lengthen everything

20. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Any news on the process they'll use to sell the iPhone 3G?

I worried about lines. What AT&T service complexities will they be able to handle? How can you tell if you need to go to AT&T or can go to Apple?

21. mynameisrichard macrumors member

Good luck on that. The process for the iPhone 3G is very similar to the last one. You go in and buy it, and they'll "unbrick" it in-store so that you can go home and activate it via iTunes like last time. That's what I was told by AT&T reps that it's what Apple Stores would be doing.

22. elbirth macrumors 65816

After reading this- http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5716115&postcount=41

I'm inclined to continue believing that firmware 2.0 won't be available until Friday when the iPhone 3G launches. Notice that it tells the people to install the demo devices on Thursday evening after closing, but not to download any apps until the next morning. Why would they do that unless the App Store won't be live until Friday morning? It wouldn't be logical otherwise to make them wait until the next morning when they would be more pressed for time to get everything downloaded from a server that will quickly be getting hit hard.

Thus, since the App Store won't be up until Friday, they probably won't have the firmware up until then since they'll want you to immediately be able to start downloading apps once you upgrade- not have to sit around wondering when it'll be up

23. davidlw macrumors 6502a

Mobile Me may launch after midnight tonight so maybe everyone in the plan is getting last minute details before things start to pop this coming week.

24. ScottSFA macrumors member

I believe in the keynote Steve said Mobile Me would be available sometime in September.

25. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

they have not released any of that info yet.