Jun 8th buyers still with "not yet shipped" come in...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by minw2005, Jun 15, 2009.

1. minw2005 macrumors member

Anyone called apple and find out what the hell happened? I ordered on 8th through Apple website. Still not yet shipped. Not even prepared for shipping status. This is just unfair that so many people after us got shipping confirmation already.

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

3. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

No...

If the phone doesn't arrive by June 19th, I'll call Apple.

4. minw2005 thread starter macrumors member

5. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

This is a "maybe" so take it at face value. Apple may be shipping them based on estimated delivery time. Since a package from China comes into the US via the Left Coast, my guess would be they are shipping East Coast iPhones a couple days ahead of the West Coast ones. But that is a guess...

6. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

and that thread has people wondering the same thing you are! REad and search and you will know! ;)

7. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

I guess the reason some people who have a "Not yet shipped" status on their order form (including myself) is that they must have cancelled the iPhone and kept everyone's money.

8. minw2005 thread starter macrumors member

Just spoke with Apple rep and was told it still guarenteed to deliver by 19th. I was also told people have different shipping zone and schedule so no need to be alarmed by not getting shipping info at this point. Gonna give apple another 24 hours for now.

9. bobw999 macrumors member

I live on the east coast and mine still "Not Yet Shipped". :confused:

10. minw2005 thread starter macrumors member

Where is everyone's location? I am in NYC.

11. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

Mine shows that it hasn't shipped yet as well. The orders that have already shipped seem to be orders with AT&T. I'm not going to panic yet. I'm sure we will receive them by the 19th. :)

12. insanoshano08 macrumors member

sooo i didn't order mine on the 8th but on the 9th i am gettin anxious to see my dang order status change..I checked my credit card account and it still shows the charge as pending....i better be gettin this dang phone friday:mad:

13. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I said I was guessing. I don't have inside knowledge of Apple's shipping plan. From what the AT&T confirmation said when I ordered it from their page is AT&T will ship the phones Thursday with Overnight shipping. That might explain why the AT&T phones don't have tracking numbers. The only thing I've ever ordered from the Apple store was a 1st Gen iPod Nano, and it took a week to ship. I generally buy my Apple products from their store.

14. Zerase macrumors member

Zerase

Upstate NY; Syracuse. Still notta as well.

15. minw2005 thread starter macrumors member

So the most people here are from east coast.

16. unreleasedmovie macrumors newbie

I ordered on the 8th from Apple and still have not received notification of being prepared to ship. I also live in NYC. Seems like this is a trend. Has anyone from NYC gotten confirmation from Apple that their phones have shipped?

17. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

This is the message I received from AT&T in the confirmation e-mail:
    Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will be shipped with overnight priority and will be processed to arrive as early as June 19, 2009, if submitted by 12 p.m. noon C.T., June 17, 2009. The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes. Additional items added to the cart at the time of your pre-order may ship separately depending on availability. Your credit card will not be charged until items are shipped. All pre-orders taken online are being handled on a first-come, first-served basis. ​

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Geez. Some people need to get a life. Don't tie up Apple's lines with something this trivial. This is why customer support is so bad and treats everyone like idiots.

Do you realize how many hundreds of thousands of phones they have to ship this week? Do you really expect them to ship every single one in a single day? Do you understand logistics means orders do not always ship sequentially in the order they were received?

Just cool your jets. Apple promised delivery by June 19. I bet they fulfill that promise unless you live in some remote village.

FWIW I ordered 3hrs after the Keynote. My phone is still "not shipped yet." I couldn't give a flip. Maybe I'll worry if it says that come Thursday. Then again it's a phone, so probably not.

19. ebika macrumors 6502

It's only Monday. I wouldn't start panicking until Thursday.

20. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

I'm just south of Baltimore and just north of Annapolis, MD. Ordered on the 8th directly after the keynote (12:30 PDT) and still "Not Yet Shipped". I would like to believe that they're shipping based on where you live but people from states like VA are getting theirs shipped already so I don't know. :confused:

21. Hawklight macrumors member

Ordered the 8th and still says "Not Yet Shipped" and I am in central Illinois.

22. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

ordered about 8 p.m. on the 8th... "prepared for shipment" since this weekend

i'm in socal

23. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

That probably means it's boxed, has a tracking number, and is ready for pickup. They probably have the computer set to not actually release the tracking number until it leaves the distributer.

24. Munitalp macrumors 65816

I am in Miami and still "Not Yet Shipped" status. I ordered one phone from Apple and one from AT&T (for my newly added line) -- neither are shipped as of yet.

25. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

Cleveland area, close to the west coast. Still not shipped, just prepared.

10:45 pm eastern time