Just asking - What would you do if your boss drops your iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dominicanyor, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Dominicanyor, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015

Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

What would you do if your boss drops your iPhone 6 that you just got not even a month ago? And cracked the screen on the bottom. Is not really noticeable but I know that the small cracked is there. ����

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

He got kind of scare because he thought he broke the screen completely.

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

This is a touchy subject. I don't like confrontation, so I'd cough up the cost to fix it and keep my work environment tension free.

However, what you should've done was show him the damage as soon as you picked it up from the floor, that way he knew it was caused by him. If he has any integrity, he would have offered to replace the damage no matter how small.

5. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

You are absolutely correct about that. I just got to figure out a way to let him know that he is going have to get me another phone.

6. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

A screen replacement is $110 @ Apple Store

7. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Is it the original screen?

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

It is why I avaoid handing my phone to anyone. I have witnessed someone dropping a iPhone that belonged to another, to look at a picture and they dropped it and the screen shattered completely. The person who dropped the phone had no possible way to pay for the damage. Lesson learned.

9. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Wow that's crazy!! I know the owner was upset..

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You bet he was, it was just three days old. He had to pay what it took to replace the device as it dented the lower corner of the case. He was sick but he also know that the person he handed it to could not pay for repairs or replacement.

Hold onto your own phone.

11. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

Just show the cracked screen to your boss and tell him/her you found the crack after they dropped it and see what your boss says. Any responsible person would offer to make it right and get your screen fixed. If they don't make the offer then you know where you stand, ask them to pay for the repair or suck it up as a lesson learned about your boss and fix it yourself. If it were me I'd show them the damage and the sooner the better.

12. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Does apple offer the original screen for the iPhone 6?

13. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

14. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

That all sounds good but some bosses would not be receptive to what you suggest. Right or wrong each case should be judged on it's own.

15. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I agree with what has been said already. Just bite the bullet and take the hit with the cost of replacing the screen as its not worth ruining your work environment. A tough lesson to learn. :)

16. Applefan4 macrumors 6502

I would ask that he pays for repairs. It's his fault after all. Why should you have to pay money to repair something that he broke regardless whether he is your boss or not? I don't see how it's a problem at all unless your boss is a complete jerk

17. JakeT85 macrumors regular

JakeT85

Agree with a couple of the others. Fork over the $110.00 to replace the screen and chalk it up as lesson learned. Not worth bringing tension to a work environment, much less with the boss, over a hundred bucks. If you would have pointed it out immediately I would have felt differently, but now that time has passed he may be suspicious why you didn't show him as soon as it happened.

I have watched two of my friends drop my iPhones on release day over the years. Now, I don't even tell people I have the new iPhone.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

And that's it? Seems like a decent person would have followed that up by actually seeing or asking if anything was broken and offering to pay for repairs once they realized that something was in fact damaged.

19. chrisadams macrumors newbie

If your work environment would be ruined by holding an alleged superior to be accountable for their actions then you need to find a better work environment. Eat the cost now, show him the receipt and ask him to reimburse you. Not sure how mediations between co-workers play out but if it's a big hit to your wallet contact HR.

20. Dominicanyor thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

Thanks for the info. And yes it's the original screen not after market.

----------

Your absolutely correct.

----------

Lol, I'm going to start doing the same thing and not let anyone know that I have one as well.

----------

I want to thank everyone who place a comment on my situation. Thanks for the help friends!!

21. Macmaniac1967 macrumors newbie

No it's a knockoff the apple store buys in bulk on eBay. :rolleyes:

22. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Just an F.Y.I Apple doesn't use aftermarket screens on their devices. Not to my knowledge that is.

23. Allthings-I macrumors 6502

Why would Apple out of all people be installing 3rd party anything.....[Incl. screens]?

Come on, this ones common sense.

Yes Apple will install a BRAND NEW Authentic Apple iPhone screen to the respective device.

24. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

LOL! You have to respond back to me, because I am very curious what you're going to do and its outcome. :D