Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
If there is a shortage of iPads then i highly doubt Best But would get it...
Is there an Apple store near this best buy? I have a feeling is marketing material for the iPads for Best buy to put up. Was the box extremely heavy for the size?

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Pics, or I call shens.
I reported the story in the past tense, and I doubt my father even knows how to take a picture with his phone.

If there is a shortage of iPads then i highly doubt Best But would get it...
Is there an Apple store near this best buy? I have a feeling is marketing material for the iPads for Best buy to put up. Was the box extremely heavy for the size?

I'll ask for you tomorrow, it's pretty late where I am.

jawa12083

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
Wirelessly posted (iPod Touch 2G 8GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Maybe apple stuffed it with weights and styrofoam with a number tocall for the actual product? To throw us off?

Or dead iPods and macs...

gfiz

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2009
Virginia
Would a retail store typically get product to hold for 3 weeks before opening? Sounds like not only a waste of inventory space, but the likelihood of some $8/worker not giving a frak about an NDA just seem too likely a risk.

der Sam

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2010
let's be rational here. if this is a huge package by apple with a note saying "do not open until march 23" this is what happens:

1) it will make it to these kind of websites
2) it will stirr up anticipation
3) people will think it must be new hardware
4) it will make us wait more patiently, knowing that something will happen that day

in my opinion there is no way hardware will be shipped to an apple store, let alone a best buy, 3 weeks before it's supposed to be released.

A)
either they get a call and are told they can open the package ahead of time (maybe today; tomorrow; next tuesday), if apple releases earlier

or

B) it's something other than hardware, labeled confidential just to get the rumor mill going

moel

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Just one thing Columbo...

How did Apple know that a truck drivers son would be an Apple user, and then come on here to tell us that his dad delivered a box of NDA apple based stuff.

/Tin foil hat tiem

der Sam

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2010
Just one thing Columbo...

lmao :D well, if not him, someone else would have reported it. in some other thread i have read (from another guy) also that boxes from apple have been shipped to a best buy, saying not to be opened until march 23.

i guess it's true.

badpinoy

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2007
i thought that best buy doesn't have that much room for storage. most of their items are on the floor. haven't you seen the laptops and computer locked up in cages above the floor. i think best buy implements JIT inventory. I don't think they would have room to store a large crate for three weeks.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
I agree with an earlier post - more than likely promo materials and setup for the instore Apple section of BB. They will want this to be a huge fanfare.

iPad, you can do whatever the heck you want - be successful, fail, whatever - just don't delay my new laptop!

SteveSparks

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
St. Louis, MO.
just one question...why would it come out tomorrow if it said not to open until the 23rd?

Do you know what is in the box? Do we even know this is actually true information? I mean, not that this nice person has any reason to post false information, but given that anyone can pretty much post anything here...

That being said, we have no idea when the update will happen, but I would have liked if it happened today.

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
That's right. Now everybody is quite excited and will wait for March 23rd. This is called controlled leak and Apple is quite famous of using it.

Really? With what other item did they do this before? I see your point, and I know Apple is notorious for things LIKE this, but I don't remember them actually doing exactly this in the past.. Assuming this IS what they did here- which we have no way of knowing, obviously..Of course, my memory could be failing me, or I just missed it when it occurred..

Either way, there's no doubt that whether this is what Apple did or not in this specific instance, this could be a very effective marketing ploy for the right company.. So many marketing strategies and I think we would all agree that Apple isn't afraid to explore new ground in this area..

I agree that marketing materials (displays, posters, etc, etc) is the most logical explanation but it's always fun to speculate what 'could be'..

MultiRealms

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2010
maybe Appleguy123 is actually an Apple spy/employee! kidding :p

Anyways to me it seems more obvious that its the Ipad but you never know :rolleyes:

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
Like 99.9% of the crap posts like this I don't believe it...

iPads will ship from Apple first, as will MBP's.

Why even make posts like this, prove what you say or don't bother ....

1. Again, What reason would I have to lie to you?
2. I can't "prove" it, but I certainly have better things to do than spread lies on a forum.

@ People asking for dimensions and weight etc. I just called by dad and he said he'll call back soon (25-30 minutes) so I'll have those details soon enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.