Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
I don't know if I just got lucky, or maybe because I got the second or third batch (probably the third) out and they did something to eleviate the issue. Just my two cents.:apple:

jlmitnick

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2009
Or you just live in a strong signal strength area.

Or you don't naturally hold the phone in the "death grip."

SHIFTLife

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
And you felt the need to tell everyone in your own shiny new thread instead of using one of the other 40 or so related to the same topic?

reyno28

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
Congratz! It's a great phone even if there is a reception issue on mine. I don't hold it where it would cause the problem. Have you tried to replicate, by covering the left bottom side? And what jlmitnick said is true too.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
Yes, I tried to replicate the issue over and over and can't. I don't even lose 1 bar. I figured there would be some douches who flamed me over this thread, but I figured I would just let people know that "possibly" the newly manufactured phones might not have the death grip issue, calm down guys, it's only a thread.

Dark K

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
This whole antenna issue is just crap and I think the problem is with people themselves, I got the first batch, reception goes down but still have full service.

Anyway, glad you got random zero reception issues.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Please come to my house, I'll help you replicate the antenna issue.

PS. Only you may come, alone. During the process, you may experience some discomfort as the penetration testing begins.

Fidget08

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
It is because you live in a good signal area. For the untoldmillionth time. It matters where you live, and your proximity to a tower. You could live close to a tower and not have the problem. But for people that dont live close to a tower its much easier for them to lose bars because of their location.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
It is because you live in a good signal area. For the untoldmillionth time. It matters where you live, and your proximity to a tower. You could live close to a tower and not have the problem. But for people that dont live close to a tower its much easier for them to lose bars because of their location.

It doesn’t matter where I go, no reception problem (even with 1-2 bars initially).

Fidget08

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
It doesn’t matter where I go, no reception problem (even with 1-2 bars initially).

Thats the brilliance of the internet. You could be lieing through your teeth and I would never know. All I know is that I dont live in a very good place for reception and I can duplicate the signal lose almost anywhere. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. <--I dont know what that means exactly but it sounds like it fits haha

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
My old 3GS runs on 1800 kpbs..on the hand, my iPhone 4 is as fast as yours

This is the best I have ever seen on my download speed.

4f9c2ff85925eb3.jpg

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
This whole antenna issue is just crap and I think the problem is with people themselves, I got the first batch, reception goes down but still have full service.

Anyway, glad you got random zero reception issues.

Ignorance is bliss.

djgulia

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
I have not left my office since getting mine this morning, but I did do the "death grip" and I go from 5 bars down to 0. I also testing by just putting one finger on the gap and the same thing happens. I haven't tried making any calls yet, so for now it is a "non-issue" for me. I also don't have a case on it yet, which I will be doing as soon as I get home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.