Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robbeke

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Hi guys,

I want to buy a White Glass Backplate. The problem is that i don't know which one i msut buy to have the best quality. There are to much site where i can buy them :(.

Someone of you guys knows which White Glass Backplate is the highest quality to buy at the moment?

regards

Robbe

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Just got my white backplate and I like it but the cut along the edge seems uneven. On the left side more than the right (the seam line if you know what i'm talking about)

Is anyone else's like this? From iresq?

Should I request a replacement or is it 'within spec'?

Thanks.

Looks great with the bumper on though, and I might just be nitpicky. But I dunno. Doesn't seem near as perfect as the original black backplate.

tpgHW.png

dunno if you can see it or not, tough to photograph.

Last edited:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I'm getting a replacement from Iresq.com Apparently this is not common.

Getting it overnighted too this time, I'm impatient!

Last edited:

ano0oj

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
Ordering white right now..probably will end up getting a few colors as they come out. Start using those as cases instead of bulky ones

ano0oj

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
Are you serious? You payed that much just for the white back plate? Did you know you can get the whole thing switched to white for a little more money? You got ripped off pal. Those white back plates are only 50-60 and on ebay like 20. lol Im sorry to be rude but, I had to say something! You got ripped off for a mismatched iphone 4 I don't like how its white and black looks cheap. One or the other white or black not together in my opinion!

He did this a few weeks after the phone came out, probably one of the first people to have a 'white' iphone without a case

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
They are having a sale for $29 for white and black and $39 for different colors. If you use coupon code "SNAZZY" or "APL18" you get $5 dollars off.

runofthedill

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2010
I just purchased one off Ires and I'm kind in a rush to get rid of it. Rather not wait for the refund. I didnt realize it wouldn't fit my verizon iphone. But id sell it to someone for 27$ shipped. Thats a saving of about 9$ with there shipping costs. Its never been used. Don't pm if you have verizon, it won't fit.

Reason im not waiting for the refund, i'm a poor college student and nearing the end of the quarter have zero money until the beginning of the next quarter. PM ME.

ano0oj

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Ordered white back plate yesterday, got it today and it fit perfectly...came with the screw driver too which was great

Frado

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2009
Also bought a backplate from sw-box but the screws don't tighten. So if I put my iphone into a tighter sleeve, the backplate and screws just come off:(

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
i havent really followed these threads too much since a few months ago.. i noticed iresq does not sell the front white plate any longer. is there a company people recommend to fully convert their iphone to white? thanks!

martynov

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2011
i havent really followed these threads too much since a few months ago.. i noticed iresq does not sell the front white plate any longer. is there a company people recommend to fully convert their iphone to white? thanks!

There is quiet a few of them out there, you can just search the threads here you will find at least 5-7. With some good research, you will come to a decision like i did :D

genetic

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
i see some people have purchased the 30 dollar white iresq glass backs. how are they holding up? are they high quality? i checked ifixdirect and they are charging 60 bucks for them :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.