Just installed invisible shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tttexxan, Jun 25, 2010.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Just installed invisible shield on new iphone 4. Purchased at BB who had lots of cases and shields. Very easy install covers the front and back. Thought about not even covering the device since the screen is so AUSOME. Without the shield I was worried about babying the device all the time.

I assure you the retina display looks just as killer through the shield and have peace of mind.

This is just temp solution while Im w8ing for Ghost Armor to arrive. I prefer the feel of Armor rather than Invisible. Protection is the key and not having to worry about setting it down.

2. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Sounds good. Have used this on other iPhones in the past, don't think I'll be using it on this one. You mentioned why I want to get a bumper though, not because of antenna problems but for when I set the phone down on a table or something it's like the glass touching the surface.

3. tttexxan thread starter macrumors 6502a

The side covering is also why I went with Ghost Armor. I have this protection for my Ipad and they cover the entire product while invisible only doing front and back. I want to protect the sides as well but dont care for the look of the bumpers.

Many will worry about how the screen will look with shield in place. However the crispness of the retina display really shines even with the added protection. I can hardly tell a difference when the device is actually on.

4. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

Does this come with protection for the sides of the phone?

And if so, does it fix the dropped reception issue?

5. isuryan83 macrumors newbie

Disappointed

I installed the same invisible shield, purchased at Best Buy. I didn't care for the look or feel of it. It was too rubbery and made my fingers kind of skip across the screen. It wasn't very smooth feeling. I left the back on because it helps with slipping and obviously protects. I have already removed it on the front. I need something a little smoother that doesn't look uneven from side angles. I was pretty disappointed in the product, although it certainly feels like it would protect really well. I've used other screen protectors that I've been happy with, so I'll look for another option.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

They have a full body shield, check their site. Theres also the easy front and back or just the front. As far as reception issues, they'll likely say yes to sell you an over priced skin. ;)

7. Andrew83Ga macrumors regular

I don't plan on putting one on my phone, but I had it on my 3G, and I didn't mind the "orange peel" look. In fact, I kinda liked it. You don't notice it at all while the screen is on, and while it's off, who cares? Some will I suppose. I like that it adds grip.

The reason I'm not putting it on the i4 is because of the oleophobic coating, and I read that it ruins it. Not sure how important the coating is in the first place but, I'm in no rush to find out the hard way.

8. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I have the InvisibleShield on the back / sides... yes they do sell the side protection, no it doesn't seem to help with the reception...

There are like 8 separate strips, some really small pieces for the antenna band between the buttons etc.

This is my first InvisibleShield, I've had BSE and BodyGuardz on previous iPhones... You get the least amount of "orange peel" effect with BodyGuardz, The InvisibleShield seems thinner of a material.

9. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure which shield I want to get. I heard that Shield Skins & Ghost Armor are the best overall skins. There's a couple of videos comparing most of them on YouTube.

10. tttexxan thread starter macrumors 6502a

ghost armor has a better feel IMO. Both apply the same way.

11. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

12. isuryan83 macrumors newbie

I've used those on my 3G and loved them. They totally eliminate fingerprints and I loved the texture. Only downfall was that they do ever so slightly degrade the picture quality due to the matte finish.

13. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I tried it too, though only on the front. I didn't care for it too much either. Well first I wasn't able to remove all the bubbles even with the help of this little plastic thing. So I took it off and reverted to what I'd always do - order a set of PowerSupport anti-glare films. They are backordered, so I'll get by without a screen protector until I get it.

14. BlueGummiBear macrumors 6502a

BlueGummiBear

I'm curious if the new "HD" iPhone 4 version is any better. They don't ship until July 26th so I guess I won't know until then.

15. msduncan macrumors 6502

I have an invisible shield coming. I can't shake the nagging feeling that I need some sort of protective case to help from drops though......
    :confused:

16. vegastime macrumors regular

Bubbles usually disappear after letting it sit overnight.

17. guitarboi macrumors newbie

guitarboi

I actually LIKE the feeling of the Zagg on the screen and back. Even better so then the bare glass. It adds some grip, looks nice and shiny (still looks like glass doesn't look plasticy). It does feel a little plasticy, but it's not a big deal, and it almost seams like it does a better job of not showing fingerprints than the coating on the phone itself. I'm VERY happy with it. Had Best Buy install it and was worried about bubbles and I picked at it for a good half hour trying to get them out, but they all disappeared when it was fully adhered a few hours later and it really does look "invisible".

18. isuryan83 macrumors newbie

Yep, I'm going to get the Power Support anti-glare for the front too. I'll continue to use the insivisbleshield for the back, though.

19. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Not all though.

I've had three Invisible Shields - two for my 3G, both of which peeled off. I bought the maximum coverage for the iPhone because of the 50% off coupon and just put it on tonight. Just like the last two, it looks as though someone sneezed all over the phone. We'll see how much of that disappears--but I'm not holding my breath.

20. DevinDTA macrumors newbie

That is the only reason I'm not going with Power Support this time around. I'm just not willing to leave the back unprotected.

21. DevinDTA macrumors newbie

I actually had a friend recommend this product to me after I had already bought one at BB on the 24th. He told me how great it was and I told him I already got one and it looked like s***! I had so many bubbles EVERYWHERE! A day and half later, all but one small one have disappeared and even that one is getting less and less noticeable.

22. Stiss macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised someone hasn't posted 'pics or it didn't happen'.

That seems to be the buzz phrase around here these days.

23. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Nice! Fingers crossed! :p