Just ordered Alu MacBook 2.4!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by vilim12, Apr 5, 2009.

1. vilim12 macrumors regular

Got rid of my mid-2007 Macbook 2.16 for it.
    It should be arriving this wednesday/thursday/friday havent received a tracking number yet. I ordered it on eBay brand new sealed in box with microsoft live cashback program. Saved 200 dollars, thanks Microsoft for helping me get my new MacBook!! Are there any things I need to look out for or check out? Pretty excited for it.

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Glad you pulled the trigger. I got mine like a week ago now and things are bad ass.

3. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

How much was the notebook at the end with the cashback deal? :)

Congrats on your purchase! I'm eager to buy my first Mac (MacBook) this summer. XD

4. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Hah, Vilim, wassup man? Glad you got 'er ordered. I ordered my 2.4 UMB the day it was released and I freaking love it. I think you'll be quite happy.

5. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

Right around 1305 =)

6. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats funny, on both forums lol. Its shipping out tomorrow cant wait dude, I feel bad for every white MacBook owner, I hated my build quality. Im actually using my buddies right now to type this and it has chips on each side of the trackpad, POS lol

7. hndn macrumors regular

What cash back deal are you talking about?

8. Boston Fan macrumors member

Boston Fan

I thought the Cash Back program though MS Live.com had ended some time ago for ebay?

9. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

I know what you mean dude. I can't stand to use my blackbook. It's the wife's now. Although, really it's help up quite well, no chips or hardware issues at all, but it's running Tiger and the trackpad is not even from the same planet as the UMB's.

10. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

I think it's still around. I saved a few hundred dollars on some tires through that, a few months ago. Although I don't think the discounts are as high as they were running.

11. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

Nope still going on

12. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

You sign up for Microsoft search enigne, searach macbook ebay and itll bring up a link, then search for the macbook you want, click buy it now (only works through that) pay for it by paypal and currently you get 13 percent back from Microsoft to your paypal account. I saved 195 dollars. I didnt feel like explaining just read about it on the live website. And i got 30 bucks in eBay bucks too

13. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

Bummer, wish I would have read that before I bought mine last night. Good info there though, thanks.

14. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

oh and how are the speakers on the alu compared to the white ?

15. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

MUCH better than on my blackbook!!

16. mik34 macrumors member

17. bmstrong macrumors 6502

Can someone plese post a link to this? Thanks!

18. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

19. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

"cashback Results 0 results"
    there's no ebay cash back! you got scammed, it ended couple months ago.

20. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

[​IMG]

Learn how to use dem internetz
    April 4,09 eBay cashback, $195

21. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

So the speakers are a lot louder and better?
    Coming Thursday, tracker just confirmed. Too bad itll take me the whole day to set it up how I like lol. Long day of installing pretty much

22. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

how did you searched?

Attached Files:

23. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

If you have any external monitors remember to pick up a Display Port to DVI / VGA connector.

I have the same machine, the build quality is... superb!

I would recommend maybe getting some screen cleaner for it. I think the glass shows up dust and finger prints much easier.

24. vilim12 thread starter macrumors regular

I will slowly start to upgrade and buy parts for it. The first things I will do is 4GB ram and then a 500GB HD, then ill move onto stuff like Keyboard and Mouse. I did have the Mini-DVI on my last laptop but never used it at all so I dont think ill buy the new adapter anytime soon. Ive been reading about the screen quality people are saying that it sucks, I was fine with my last screen, Will I be fine with this one?

25. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Vilim12, I went from a MacBook Pro (the one before the unibody) to the unibody MacBook. The screen on the MacBook Pro was stunning - fantastic viewing angles, a very bright, deep coloured screen.

The MacBook (even with its LED backlighting) cannot compare to the screen of the MacBook Pro. I sort of regretted my choice after seeing my MBP sitting beside my new unibody MB before I sold it on eBay. HOWEVER - the new MacBook has a much superior screen than the old MacBooks, so I'm sure you'll love it.

I have to say though, change the colour profile that the computer comes with. I actually found a thread on MacRumors (something like, "post your colour calibrations") and I found a really good one which stops the screen from looking as washed out. The difference is night and day.

Don't worry you'll love the computer, I'm certain and you'll notice a HUGE improvement compared to the MacBook you have just now. :D