just rejailbroke with jailbreakme.com warning for all

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by soundwarp, Aug 24, 2010.

1. soundwarp macrumors regular

it currently installs cydia version 72 and not 73 and it wont update at all version 73 at all for iphone 4 unless theres a way to manually install cydia 73 and update it. but until then im gunna be warning some people =/

2. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Maybe try emailing the developer of jailbreakme.com and see what he says....it's possible he's not aware of the issue and could fix it somehow.

3. soundwarp thread starter macrumors regular

tried he wont seem to respond i know 2 other people having this issue too does anyone have any other emails to use to get ahold of them because as of right now it wont allow the cydia icons work on winterboard after trying a few themes along with the retna icon they made for will not be there also

4. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Try his Twitter account maybe you'll have better luck there.

If you find out please report back, I'm interested to know.

5. linuxidiot macrumors member

I didnt even know there was an update for Cydia. I had been wondering when they were going to fix some of the issues I had seen. I just went to saurik.com, but could not find anywhere to download the app to manually install...

Well on top of that, I don't even know how to install an update manually. I am guessing just drop cydia.app on top of the existing installation?

6. soundwarp thread starter macrumors regular

im not sure how to manually install it but on my mothers phone her cydia is vr 73 and i know vr 73 has the new retina icon

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you have the old nonretina icon on your i4?
    Any other differences besides that?

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just go here:

http://apt.saurik.com/debs/

Download the version 73 cydia deb file.

SSH into the phone and type:

dpkg -i cydia_1.0.3222-73_iphoneos-arm.deb

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

10. earthmonster macrumors newbie

You can try and autoinstall by going to:

http://apt.saurik.com/debs/

Download the current version of Cydia and drop the .deb into the AutoInstall folder. I forget the correct ssh path, but it's something like /Var/Mobile/Cydia/AutoInstall

After you drop the .deb in there power cycle twice and you should have the new version of Cydia.

*I'm assuming this works. I've used the AutoInstall folder to rollback MobileSubstrate versions. My only concern is you're using Cydia's AutoInsall feature to install a new Cydia. If nothing else it's kinda meta.

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Isn't installing Cydia over itself generally a very bad idea? It will completely wipe out your database of installed packages, which could lead to many problems down the road.

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I didn't think about that. I'm really not sure why he's not getting an update under Changes if he has the older version of Cydia.

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

carefull!

If you install Cydia over an older version it will screw up the database for the installed packages!

If you want to reinstall try this (saved the link from an older thread I read in MR), I guess the procedure for updating would be something similar:

http://iphoneworld.codinghut.com/2009/08/installing-cydia-over-ssh/

Make sure of course that the file of cydia and essential are the new ones and I assume this method might work for you if you dare for an icon...

14. soundwarp thread starter macrumors regular

not just a icon all iphone 4 themes wont work and skin the icon their made for with 72

15. soundwarp thread starter macrumors regular

also how do i uninstall cydia? havent been stupid enough to try it :p

16. moussekateer macrumors 6502a

moussekateer

I have the 72 version and I have no such problems with themes? Are you sure your not installing non-retina compatible themes on your iPhone 4?

17. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

Maybe I'm confused, but I jailbroke my iPhone 4 with jailbreakme.com, and Cydia updated to 1.03222-73 more than a week ago.

18. jvice09 macrumors member

jvice09

dang, i had version 73 a while ago but was forced to restore. now i have version 72 with non-retina icon. not really a big deal i guess just kinda annoying to see that grainy icon on my i4

19. soundwarp thread starter macrumors regular

im talking about within the last 4 days. and yes i install nineHD and it wont skin the cydia icon when i asked the maker of the theme he also said my cydia is out of date.

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hope saurik addresses that and puts an update for the old cydia version.

21. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

SSH into her phone and copy the cydia.app folder to your computer. Then SSH into your phone and delete the current cydia.app folder and put in the new one.

22. soundwarp thread starter macrumors regular

will this work?

23. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

It should work.

I just updated to 4.0.2 to avoid having to completely restore and re-setup my folders, as restoring from backups wont work on my ipod for some reason. So I cant test it, but it’s worth a shot.

24. soundwarp thread starter macrumors regular

well im sure if anything if it dont i can just restore my phone again since ive done it like 5 times in the past 10 hours

25. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I really wouldn't mess around with Cydia. Perhaps restoring and re-jailbreaking would be your best option. Or you could contact Saurik and ask him why you aren't receiving the update.

Also? Cydia should have no effect on themes. It is Winterboard which handles themes. Cydia is merely a GUI for dpkg.